Help with failing 8gb micro sd cards please

I use a 8gb micro sd in my Blackberry. A few weeks ago while listening to music at the gym the card failed -- it is no longer recognized by my phone or my laptop. I found another card in my old phone and it worked for a week until today. While in my laptop changing some music around the computer stopped recognizing it and when I put it in my phone it was not recognized. Placing it back in the laptop it says it needs to be reformatted -- I try this and it says windows cannot complete reformatting. Now I have 2 dead 8gb micro sd cards.

What is causing this?

Can I fix these cards and use them again?

Thanks.

Comments

• just a few thoughts before you turf them. did you make sure there was no read/write switch turned on lock. can you try formatting it with your phone? can you try format with a different comp.
  • The second one is now working again without reformatting -- dunno why. I'm assuming it will fail again soon based on the past few weeks.

I don't think there is a switch on them -- it is in my phone under the battery at the moment so I'm not positive.
  • If they are sd cards, they should have a lock. This lock will prevent reformatting in any machine if turned on.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    If they are sd cards, they should have a lock. This lock will prevent reformatting in any machine if turned on.

They are micro sd -- does that make a difference?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    They are micro sd -- does that make a difference?

probably, i think only the sd's have locks not micros. but just make sure that its not your computer that's corrupting the cards.