Options

thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker Game #21218158310: Super Stack $15K Guarantee (163331827), Table 47 - 30/60 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:51:26 ET - 2010/05/29
Seat 1: robsureb (3,205)
Seat 2: aimant19 (935)
Seat 3: Ell1233 (12,855)
Seat 4: ICE-Viking7 (2,550)
Seat 5: ryanriver1 (8,330)
Seat 6: forboon (4,910)
Seat 7: willywonka_NL (2,805)
Seat 8: allidoisbet (1,655)
Seat 9: jputis6448 (5,350)
willywonka_NL posts the small blind of 30
allidoisbet posts the big blind of 60
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to forboon [Ks As]
jputis6448 folds
robsureb folds
aimant19 folds
Ell1233 folds
ICE-Viking7 calls 60
ryanriver1 folds
forboon raises to 210
willywonka_NL has 15 seconds left to act
willywonka_NL calls 180
allidoisbet calls 150
ICE-Viking7 calls 150
*** FLOP *** [5c 2s Js]
willywonka_NL checks
allidoisbet bets 1,445, and is all in
ICE-Viking7 folds
forboon ....?

thoughts....?

Comments

• I would want to be up against allido, and only him, so to try and make sure willy folds I would repop so he would have to make the all in choice right there. If he is drawing in that small blind, make him pay for it.
  • ok isolate. but my thoughts were im likely drawing to at least an ace or a jack. but if i hit my flush im likely way ahead so i might as well invite as much money in the pot as possible. if the 3rd guy has a big pair or better hes shoving anyways, if not then he may call the original bet with a worse hand....

anyways we can postpone this cause rich needs a big group forum hug from the bb i just seen him take.
  • I think AJ is at the high end of his shove. I would put hands like QJ, KJ, J10 in that range as well.

If you flat and third villain calls you are undoubtedly not ahead currently. His cold call weights his range better.

My issue is if the turn bricks whats your plan?
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    I would want to be up against allido, and only him, so to try and make sure willy folds I would repop so he would have to make the all in choice right there. If he is drawing in that small blind, make him pay for it.

If we call and get an overcall, we are getting extra overlay on our money. We want worse draws to call, not fold. And he is already being charged for any draws getting 2:1 pot odds and at most and 3:1 implied (which he doesn't really have since we don't pay off any draw that he can hit that we don't hit harder). Example, if he has something like 8s7s he only has 4 clean outs and 16% equity if he gets to see 2 cards, plus we have re-draws against that as well. We want those types of hands to call or shove. Not fold.

I'm only raising this if I think his range consists mostly of pocket pairs that I think he can fold (semi-bluff).
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I think AJ is at the high end of his shove. I would put hands like QJ, KJ, J10 in that range as well.

If you flat and third villain calls you are undoubtedly not ahead currently. His cold call weights his range better.

My issue is if the turn bricks whats your plan?

k im misreading. I am already currently not ahead. very likely need to hit an overpair but also likely i need to make my flush anyways. so because im likely losing without the flush i'm thinking i want both guys money in the pot so when i hit it, i hit it big. and about the turn bricking, we ARE all in ... i felt the 3rd guy would call with a few more hands if i just called, but i think calling and shoving the post flop bet are similar.
  • it costs you a third of your stack to flat, so just ship it in.

If you just flat letting the villian in, you hit a third spade do you think he'll pay you off? If he has a flush yes, but something like TJ probably won't.

Same thing if you hit an A or K.

Also, if you miss, are you goign to fold? Your next bet/call WILL be all-in, and NOW we're getting our money in bad (probably).

If you ship you might get action from lower FD's, Jx hands which we're drawing very live, and hands like 99 etc.
    You also might get these hands to fold which is a great result.

The big issue we know is that we're never folding. Mind as well get all the money in now while we're at worst a coin flip.

If villian does over call us here with a monster, it sucks for sure, but we still have 8 spades to give us the nuts (can't count 5s if he has a set) givign us about 30% equity, and we have about 2-1 on our money, so we're almost getting the right odds to ship here.
    Of course, this is putting him on the best possible hand, when really we have no idea what they could have.

Also you have to look at their stack sizes. By shipping here you put their tournament on the line against 2 opponents. It makes it very hard to call. (if they're donks they'll ship shitty flush draws which is an amazing result for you)
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    it costs you a third of your stack to flat, so just ship it in.

If you just flat letting the villian in, you hit a third spade do you think he'll pay you off?

Same thing if you hit an A or K.

Also, if you miss, are you goign to fold?

You also might get these hands to fold which is a great result.

The big issue we know is that we're never folding. Mind as well get all the money in now while we're at worst a coin flip.

If villian does over call us here with a monster,

Of course, this is putting him on the best possible hand, when really we have no idea what they could have.

Also you have to look at their stack sizes. By shipping here you put their tournament on the line against 2 opponents. It makes it very hard to call.

yes i think he will pay me off because he is pot committed and if he will fold then i make the original match up pot bigger.

same if i hit a or k

anyways im expecting if the 2nd villian is going to play then he is going to go all in because he's basically pot commited.

I am likely quite worse than a coin flip and there are no monsters, just a set or an overpair which im putting him on

im thinking im 30% at worst against the or's range. and i don't think inviting the 3rd player will change that. but it increases this size of the pot espicially if he folds when im all in on the flop.
  • darbday wrote: »
    yes i think he will pay me off because he is pot committed and if he will fold then i make the original match up pot bigger.

same if i hit a or k

anyways im expecting if the 2nd villian is going to play then he is going to go all in because he's basically pot commited.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't pay you off. You expect if he's going to play he's goign all in, so why not maximize pressure on him? Mind as well get your chips in imo.
    darbday wrote: »

I am likely quite worse than a coin flip and there are no monsters, just a set or an overpair which im putting him on
    These are monsters on this flop. Personally I think he has these >5% of the time. If he really had QQ, why wouldn't he re raise preflop? if he had 55, why whould he just open ship? If you had a set, wouldn't you go for a C/R here? His ship screams "don't call me."
    darbday wrote: »

im thinking im 30% at worst against the or's range. and i don't think inviting the 3rd player will change that. but it increases this size of the pot espicially if he folds when im all in on the flop.

Maybe this is true, if 2nd villian has JT etc. The point here is that your hand is a great hand against 1 opponent. Inviting a 2nd one decreases your odds. Imagine that he has 34o or A5 or KJ? all of a sudden you could be down to 9-12 outs instead of 15 in a multi-way all in. It's so much more profitable to get a fold from him.