what the .....

Was playing at a 10/25cent table on party poker with 10$ at the table.

First hand I get delt AK off. I raise it up to 1$ 1 guy calls another re raises to 2$, I call and the other follows. Flop comes down.

4 9 A all different suits

I bet 1.50

Next guy calls

Buddy pushes all in, I though about it for maybe 10 seconds, puttin him on AQ Mayybbbe flopped a set but I wasn't buying it. Finally I call and the other guy follows aswell..

Turn comes 9
River Q

a little over 30 in the pot.

Luckily my AK was busted by this goofs 97 suited....
The other donk at the table showed rags.

I'm pretty sure I played that fine but like wtf... I love online poker :-\
Comments?

Comments

• Don't play short stacked.
  • 3-bet PF too

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    3-bet PF too

Mark
    derrickone wrote: »
    Don't play short stacked.

This + This

Also, bet more on the flop. There's $6 in the pot now and you're only giving great odds with your flop bet. Considering your stack size here, a push would be in order.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    This + This

Also, bet more on the flop. There's $6 in the pot now and you're only giving great odds with your flop bet. Considering your stack size here, a push would be in order.

I'd probably make it around half the pot but I'm not hating whatever bet you make, the flop is so dry that our ak is pretty much the immortal nuts given stacksizes and there's really nothing to draw to that we're worried about giving "great odds" to
  • Alright it happend again.... This time it was at a 25/50 cent table and I brought 20. The biggest stack was at 24 when I sat down so I though 20 would be enough. I was only a few hands in sitting at 26$ when I get delt AK. The table was playing retarded, a style that can only be witnessed on party poker thanks to all the euro's. So i get Ad Kc I'm in late pos and 3 ppl have limped in before me. I raise it up to 3.50 with 2 calls and a fold.

Flop Ah 8h 2s

Buddy bets 3$, followed by a raise to 7 $ I call, Buddy pushes all in his stack was just under mine, the other guy calls instantly putting me at a decision for all my chips. I put on the clock just to think to my self, wtf is going on here.. There was a few things I put him on, AQ 88 KK but most likely I thought he was just chasing the nut flush. So I called.

Turn Qd

River Kc

As soon as I saw the river I instantly said YES !

Buddy shows his set of 8's which was followed right away by a . NO !

20 bones down the drain, shit took me like 4 and a half hours to make playing low stakes :(

I guess I just posted this because AK seems to be a losing hand for me lol. Also I've only played 10/25 a handful of times because it's still a little more then I can afford to risk with my bankroll. Anyways fml... again?
  • You should have ~ 20 buyins for whatever stakes you choose to play, so stop taking shots and play within your roll!
  • If a $20 hit is too damaging to you, you shouldn't be playing at the levels you are playing at. You'll get killed. I'm thinking you should be playing more NL5 at the most. Earn your way to NL25 and NL50, this won't happen overnight.

And for the love of Baby Jesus...BUY IN FULL!!

• 20 bones down the drain, shit took me like 4 and a half hours to make playing low stakes :(

Judging from this statement, it doesn't seem like you have a bankroll. Or not much of one at least. I would really suggest reading and practicing this if you want to make any money online. Online Poker Bankroll Management . A lot of people discard bankroll management and think that they can play much higher than they can afford, but even if you last a while taking some shots here and there in the end variance will come and take that money away faster than you got it.
  • derrickone wrote: »
    Judging from this statement, it doesn't seem like you have a bankroll. Or not much of one at least. I would really suggest reading and practicing this if you want to make any money online. Online Poker Bankroll Management . A lot of people discard bankroll management and think that they can play much higher than they can afford, but even if you last a while taking some shots here and there in the end variance will come and take that money away faster than you got it.

Word. I cashed out 160 a few weeks ago and I made that from 25, took me about a month though lol. I had good intentions with the bankroll but I just figured I'd try out a few hands and see what happend. The table itself seemed alot faster then when I play on 5/10. I don't know if thats because the table was just stupid or if this is how high stakes go, just seemed to rushed. Lot of good tips though thanks alot guys :)

Also thanks for the link derrick I'm gonna try that chart out and see how it goes. I'm not in any hurry to make money quick so I should be able to give it a go.
  • $440 for 10 dollar sit n go's huh.......

Last time I had 440 I was playing 20 dollar and the odd 30 dollar sit n go's, so threw that rule out the window:p(those were the days, sigh :( )
  • The beauty of this game is that you have people that are extremely happy to put their chips in as a massive underdog and do it over and over again. This is how you make money. Yes he wins the 1st hand 20% of the time. He then proceeds to forget the times he lost, but the times he wins reinforces that that was a good play.

Lets say you're betting on coinflips with a fish. You pay out $1 when you lose and take $1.25 when you win. Fish is down $10, then proceeds to win 3 in a row. "OMG I must be doing something right! Lets keep playing!"

Be thankful for these hands, because without them, poker does not exist.
  • Alright it happend again.... This time it was at a 25/50 cent table and I brought 20. The biggest stack was at 24 when I sat down so I though 20 would be enough. I was only a few hands in sitting at 26$ when I get delt AK. The table was playing retarded, a style that can only be witnessed on party poker thanks to all the euro's. So i get Ad Kc I'm in late pos and 3 ppl have limped in before me. I raise it up to 3.50 with 2 calls and a fold.

Flop Ah 8h 2s

Buddy bets 3$, followed by a raise to 7 $ I call, Buddy pushes all in his stack was just under mine, the other guy calls instantly putting me at a decision for all my chips. I put on the clock just to think to my self, wtf is going on here.. There was a few things I put him on, AQ 88 KK but most likely I thought he was just chasing the nut flush. So I called.

Turn Qd

River Kc

As soon as I saw the river I instantly said YES !

Buddy shows his set of 8's which was followed right away by a . NO !

20 bones down the drain, shit took me like 4 and a half hours to make playing low stakes :(

I guess I just posted this because AK seems to be a losing hand for me lol. Also I've only played 10/25 a handful of times because it's still a little more then I can afford to risk with my bankroll. Anyways fml... again?

As ridiculous as people are at these levels, most people are not complete morons.

A $3 raise, followed by a re-raise? That's a fold of AK IMO - all you have is one pair.