Fundraiser company?

A friend wants to run a poker tourney as a FR for his kid's hockey team. Is there a "company" here in Ontario that does this as a business or are fundraisers run by people like you and me? If the latter, I guess renting chips is the best way to go because you'd need a ton.

Comments

• I went to a tourney at the Streetsville arena a couple of years ago. It was run by a couple of guys who started just running poker tournaments. For one of the local football teams. Let me see if I can find out the name, off hand I can't remember it. Give me a day or 2. They had the tournament director on projection screens and fold up table tops along with a bunch of the large chip cases that wallymart was selling for about 30 bucks. They did a great job but I don't know if they are still around.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    A friend wants to run a poker tourney as a FR for his kid's hockey team. Is there a "company" here in Ontario that does this as a business or are fundraisers run by people like you and me? If the latter, I guess renting chips is the best way to go because you'd need a ton.

toddf@bigslick.ca can probably help you out if he is anywhere near you.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    We can do this for you please PM for all details.
  • Try Pokerpigs@hotmail.com. They can do tournaments up to 300 people.
  • screenman wrote: »
    Try Pokerpigs@hotmail.com. They can do tournaments up to 300 people.

Also highly recommend these guys.. Top notch... Tables, chips, cards, tourney director, the whole deal... Tell em I or screenman sent you...

Rockon is great too.. :)
  • I was at a tourney on Friday night in Brampton. $150 buy in 1 rebuy in the first hour 50 and add on 50. 3 k start 3 k rebuy and 6 k for the add on. $250.00
    60 players 1st won 3200 2nd and 3rd both over 1k. 6th got 400.
    Well run but did not finish until 3:30 am.
    Price included food and Drink.
    These guys provided Dealers, Tables and chips and I am now going to talk to them about doing our league fund raiser (100) Seats in August.
    I will post after we get costs and everything worked out.
    If anyone is interested in playing you can email me at hv.poker@yahoo.com