The G20 can kiss my %^&*^*%$

Security concerns over the G-20 summit in Toronto has prompted the late June series between the Blue Jays and Phillies to be moved to Philadelphia. The weekend was expected to be the homecoming for long-time Jays ace Roy Halladay.
An announcement is expected to come from the team at 1 pm/ET on Tuesday.
MORE TO FOLLOW ...

Comments

• Security concerns? In Toronto? But why? It's not like they let me go through airport security with a Legoland driver's licence as photo ID or anything...
  • If this is the least of your worries regarding G20 call yourself lucky.
  • Treehuggers ftw
  • Did anyone ask the leaders? Maybe they wanted to see a game.

BTW FU G20.
  • lol baseball
  • I was hoping they would move it to a neutral site, say Detroit or Chicago.

That sucks for those of us that wanted to see Roy kick the Jays ass. But at least I'll save $200.
  • Yeah Fathers Day/Mothers Day is costing me $250 and that is with using Wes' discounted tickets. Never mind parking/concessions/souvenirs/gas. BJ's are completely out to lunch as to what an ave family can afford. No wonder no one goes to the games.
  • moose wrote: »
    Yeah Fathers Day/Mothers Day is costing me $250 and that is with using Wes' discounted tickets. Never mind parking/concessions/souvenirs/gas. BJ's are completely out to lunch as to what an ave family can afford. No wonder no one goes to the games.

Are you going on Father's Day? We'll be there, Section 115 row 7!
  • Jays ticket prices are completely ridiculous. They could get a much bigger crowd if they halved most of their prices and advertised the reduced prices. They'd still make lots of money on concessions (which are also overpriced...), and they might actually build a fan base.

Steve Simmons had an article about Jays attendance a few weeks ago and he never even mentioned ticket prices as a possible factor. Must be nice to be able to see games from the pressbox for free!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Are you going on Father's Day? We'll be there, Section 115 row 7!

No we split the difference and will be there this Sun.
  • Just so everyone knows. Yes ticket prices have something to do with their attendance also the lousy play and since the last strike in which we lost a season and the world series with the players returning with less than what they had. The love affair with MLBB is over. They fill Rogers Center for the first game and then can't get anymore than 15000. They are not the only team. Gary Bettman should become the commisioner of baseball. He could really fuck up a league thats really fucked up.
  • About 3 years ago I was in Philadelphia in early May and went to a Phillies game. It was like night and day compared to a Jays game. The atmosphere was electric, and this was just a normal early-season game (I think it was against Milwaukee, so no major rivalry there). The atmosphere/excitement was way better than opening day for the Jays (I was there a couple years ago). The place was not totally packed, but obviously had a lot more fans than a Jays game.

People who go to the Jays game seem more interested in chatting and drinking than actually watching any of the game. Seems like half of them are business types schmoozing a client. In Philadelphia most people were totally into the game. Wish we could get that excitement back in Toronto again.
  • Man.....I live downtown. Fuck the G20. They are going to mess up my week for sure.