Summer Poker Series - Soliciting Interest

About 4 years ago I ran a series of patio poker events (albeit before I knew what good structures were). Im looking to get back into it for this summer.

Venue is private (BRAMPTON), games are unraked.

I am looking at 3 Saturdays in July/August, holding 3 events, with capacity for 20 (possibly 30).

Event 1: $120 NLH - higher? 150?
Event 2: $120 NLH - higher? 150?
Main: $200 NLH (Possibly $250?).

What I want to determine is:
1) Are the buyins pheasible - ie enough interest.
2) Possible Headcount

Comments

• I'd be interested. Would like to view the structure though. If anything, dropping the first two events to a flat $100 and then making the third $200 might generate more headcount.
  • I havent even thought about a structure yet, but it will obviously be moderately deep. Likely in the range of an 8 hour tournament.

I should mention that Im not really interested in running events below $100.
  • I was referring to making them both $100 each, not combined. Sorry for any confusion.

Still be interested regardless though. Depending on dates and vacation schedule that is
  • I would be interested in playing...but weekends are already starting to get booked up with my softball/volleyball leagues/tournaments that I play in. So I guess if you can make the series in a way that I just come to events I can play in, and not be penalized for missing 1 or 2 here and there, that would probs work best me (and probably others who might be in the same boat as I am with weekends being booked off for vacations and what not)
  • i'm interested, assuming like everyone else that it doesn't clash with other weekend events.
  • I am interested but also depends on summer stuff that usually goes on.

I would prefer $150, $150, $250 for the three events.

Not sure what structure you want or what time you want to start at but if you do 30min blinds follow the WSOP levels and start with 7500 chips. This should please most players for the buy in.
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    I am interested but also depends on summer stuff that usually goes on.

I would prefer $150, $150, $250 for the three events.

Not sure what structure you want or what time you want to start at but if you do 30min blinds follow the WSOP levels and start with 7500 chips. This should please most players for the buy in.

I'm with Steve, i would prefer the buy in to be at least $150
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    I'm with Steve, i would prefer the buy in to be at least $150

I agree with this.

Theres not alot of "higher" buy in home games around so we'll see if I can get 20-30 together to make the prizepool relevant.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I would be interested in playing...but weekends are already starting to get booked up with my softball/volleyball leagues/tournaments that I play in. So I guess if you can make the series in a way that I just come to events I can play in, and not be penalized for missing 1 or 2 here and there, that would probs work best me (and probably others who might be in the same boat as I am with weekends being booked off for vacations and what not)

$100 is cool with me.. i might not be able to stay for all 3 events. weekends are usually left for the significant other...
  • I would definitely try to make at least one even if it's a $150 entry fee
    So far, by the sounds of it, *lots* of time in advance will be needed to make these games happen.
  • Would be interested in playing in these $150-$250 tournaments. Also might have a few others who would be interested, however with the games in the summer, holidays will be a factor.
  • I'm new here at forum but that sound good to me although the structure all depends on head count, plus i'v got a few friends tht might play as well
  • would you be considering early July? I can make it to maybe one event for sure. I'm sure I can gather 1-6 ppl. depending on their availability.. We play a cash game every Wednesday for $100 (with rebuys) so I'm sure any buy in amount will be fine with us. Give date details and I can confirm some people.