Question Week: Cerberus

Any predictions on who will clean up at this year's WSOP?

Comments

• What will be your wrestling catch phrase?

Can you body slam Milo?

Biggest poker win?

Does the girlfriend really support you being a wrestler?
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    Any predictions on who will clean up at this year's WSOP?

I'm going to say the final table looks something like this:

5 completely random nobodies who qualified by searching for antique fire pokers online and accidentally installing party poker and winning their seats.

2 completely random nobodies that are actually decent quality players and end up getting money from Stars or FT to play for them.

2 pros that end up busting 7th and 4th respectively. I do have a caveat for the pros: if Hellmuth is one, he busts in 9th.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    What will be your wrestling catch phrase?

Can you body slam Milo?

Biggest poker win?

Does the girlfriend really support you being a wrestler?

Catch phrase depends completely on the gimmick. Trying not to overthink about that stuff and just focus on training the in ring stuff. I've been a fairly creative person over the past several years, so the gimmick isn't something I'm sweating to be honest.

Milo looked like he was about 180lbs when I met him the other week so yes I can. Bodyslams are actually a team effort though, as it's the slammer lifting and the slamee posting.

Biggest win was in September 08 (I think, might have been 07) when I won $5500 in the nightly $55 70K guaranteed tourney on Stars. Went up to $7300 by the time I cashed it out as our dollar sucked at the time :)

My new girlfriend is supportive of my dream but would rather my dream wasn't wrestling, if that makes sense. She doesn't like the time I may end up spending away from home and the damage that may happen. Can't say I blame her on either. EDIT: she's working graveyard shift tonight and we text when she's bored. I told her about this and she said "no problem as long as it's with me". I win :)
  • ~Favourite Looney Toon?
    ~ Aside from the answer to the above, 10 favourite cartoon characters of all time?
    ~5 cities, 2 weeks in each city, all expenses paid, where do you go and why?
    ~Farthest you have ever travelled and why?
    ~How many different places have you lived?
    ~What motivated you to become a wrestler? Is it the close contact with other men, or that you like to wear tights and capes?
    ~How long have you been doing it now?
    ~What is your ultimate long term goal in terms of your wrestling career?
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    ~Favourite Looney Toon?
    ~ Aside from the answer to the above, 10 favourite cartoon characters of all time?
    ~5 cities, 2 weeks in each city, all expenses paid, where do you go and why?
    ~Farthest you have ever travelled and why?
    ~How many different places have you lived?
    ~What motivated you to become a wrestler? Is it the close contact with other men, or that you like to wear tights and capes?
    ~How long have you been doing it now?
    ~What is your ultimate long term goal in terms of your wrestling career?

-Tie: Tazmanian Devil and that orange fuzzy thing that becomes a giant orange furry monster and chases Bugs around the abandoned castle.
    -Top 10 (only using characters from cartoon tv shows or movies that became tv shows): Johnny Bravo, Tummy from Gummi Bears, Darkwing Duck (best running gag of catch phrases evar!), Dizzy Devil, Jimmy Neutron, Ralph on The Simpsons, Swiper on Dora The Explorer, Monster on My Pet Monster (had the stuffed animal as a kid, complete with orange handcuffs), Monteray Jack on Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers, and most importantly last but not least the alien, the myth, the legend himself... Stitch
    -5 cities... Peurto Baquerizo Moreno on the Galapgos Islands (I LOVE sea turtles!); Anaheim, California (I'm a theme park nut, especially Disneyland as I've been there 22 times and I'm still not tired of it); Las Vegas (have to see if I could set a record for most money lost and most non strip club shows seen in two weeks); Sydney, Australia (I love snorkeling and the sea life there is tremendous, although somewhat dangerous); St Pete's Beach, Florida (just spent 5 days there and I want more damnit!)
    -When I moved from Victoria to Toronto to pursue wrestling.
    -Let's see... Duncan, BC; Canmore, ALTA; St. Jean Sur Richeleau, PQ; Victoria, BC; Toronto, ON and Windsor, ON... 6 :)
    -A little bit of all of that ;) Seriously, I was actually working for years to become a hockey referee. At one point though, I became tired of the politics (which I know that Mark, Milo and Philli will laugh at me going to wrestling with that in mind) and quit; it may have also had to do with one player punching me in the face during a beer league game. Anyhow, I went into a pretty bad depression for about a month as I had put all my eggs in one basket with it. I finally stopped and thought about what I had always wanted to do when I was young and care free and it was wrestling. So, I looked into it and went for it and here I am now.
    -I've been training off and on for 5.5 years now but it was a helluva lot more off than on for about 5 years of it. Been doing it full time since Jan 1st, 2010.
    -Long term goal used to be WWE or TNA. Now, I'm a lot more mellow about the whole thing and a lot less pressure filled. For me to feel like it was a success and worth it, I need A- one match, B- one match in the gimmick I want to do and C- one match my family and friends see me in. So, ultimately, it could be one match and done if it all hits right. I figure it'll probably be about 5 years on the indy circuit and then I'm happily done.
  • Orange fuzzy thing: Name is Gossamer!

Jeeeeez!!! :-\
  • Is question week dying off?
  • 1. do you like horror movies?
    2. when I asked about the WSOP, I wasn't specifically referring to the main event but rather the whole series. So, now that we know how you think the ME will turn out like, who do you think will win multiple bracelets?
    3. What did you spend your $7300 on?
    4. were you using a HUD during that game?
    5. What's the most horrific thing you have seen in person?
    6. when was the last time you laughed until out of breath and what was it about?
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Is question week dying off?

Perhaps. I'm also not that popular :(

Seriously though, I think it's been a lot of fun for the last several months doing these, but there's only so many questions, even with my completely random life full of wrestling, video games, collecting Mr. Potato Heads and my terrible luckboxing of poker wins.
    1. do you like horror movies?
    2. when I asked about the WSOP, I wasn't specifically referring to the main event but rather the whole series. So, now that we know how you think the ME will turn out like, who do you think will win multiple bracelets?
    3. What did you spend your $7300 on?
    4. were you using a HUD during that game?
    5. What's the most horrific thing you have seen in person?
    6. when was the last time you laughed until out of breath and what was it about?

1. Not in the slightest. I always get nightmares from them. Closest I've been able to do in years is Pitch Black.
    2. Negraneu (fuck it I can't spell it properly) gets 3, Ivey gets 3 and Hellmuth gets a big kick in the balls. Might try do the last one myself.
    3. A whole lot of crap! Actually, I paid off a couple of bills, blew a bunch on DVDs for me and Lego for the ex, then about $600 I kept for my bankroll. Probably should have kept more for the bankroll in hindsight.
    4. A what? I've never used any software. Probably should start. Would more than likely fix some of my several flaws.
    5. My brother flashing me when I was 14. Otherwise, probably some injuries I've seen people get from wrestling.
    6. Not sure if I already posted this somewhere else in the OT section. About a month ago. I'm driving on the 401 with a couple of the wrestlers on the way to a show in Markham. One of them is the super awesome Japanese trainee Soya. We get about a third of the way up and Soya says "uhhh, Matt-san, what?" and points to a field of brown cows. One of the guys says "Cows Soya." Soya "Really?" Me "Yes Soya, really." Soya "uhh... in Japan... only nigger cows." And I nearly wrecked the car.
  • ~You need to form 5 individual wrestling matches between Muppets and Looney Toons. Who would you match up and why?

~Same as above, but tag team matches?

~Who would you have host such a spectacle?

~What would you name the show?

~Are you jealous that I am about to leave for a weekend spent out at the lake barbequing, and chillaxing with bevies in +25 degrees sun filled days?
  • 1. besides money or people, what's the one thing that you lost in your lifetime that you would want back the most?
    2. ever met anyone famous?
    3. name one thing you love the best about each season
    4. what's the fastest you have driven a car?
    5. ever been in twouble with the man?
    6. do you have any pets?
    7. out of 40, where do you think I will finish in Buzzzard's game tomorrow?
    8. if you can guess the cents on my paycheque from Thursday, I will send you a fin.
    9. best move, Jake The Snake's DDT, Hogan's leg drop, Ordnorffs piledriver or Greg Valentines spectacular elbow drop?
    10. stupid question of these 10?
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    ~You need to form 5 individual wrestling matches between Muppets and Looney Toons. Who would you match up and why?

~Same as above, but tag team matches?

~Who would you have host such a spectacle?

~What would you name the show?

~Are you jealous that I am about to leave for a weekend spent out at the lake barbequing, and chillaxing with bevies in +25 degrees sun filled days?

-Singles matches: Animal vs Taz in a Falls Count Anywhere match (Animal with the win after a twisting moonsault through a table... and then he does a drum solo); Daffy vs Miss Piggy after Daffy yaps about not having any competition and she comes out, slaps him in the face, piledrives him and pins him; Goosamer vs Swedish Chef in a Loser Learns English match (Gossamer with the win using a small package after Chef gets distracted trying to figure out what the hell Gossamer is); Chickenhawk vs. Rizzo the Rat (gotta have a Midget match; Chickenhawk wins with a kick to the nuts); and Bugs Bunny vs. Kermit in the main event (double countout as neither one was willing to job to the other).
    -Tag matches: Bunsen and Beaker vs. Wile E. Coyote and Sylvester (Beaker with the win after Road Runner distracts Wile); Statler and Waldorf vs Tweetie and Grandma (grandma goes over after using the frying pan); Gonzo and Fozzie vs. Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam (Yosemite with the DQ loss as Fozzie goes to tell another joke and Sam gets pissed and shoots him in the face); Pepe Le Pew and Porky Pig vs. Marvin Suggs and Same the Eagle (Porky gets the pin after Marvin tries to use his mallet from his muppaphone but Pepe sprays him with stink and Porky rolls him up); Sam Sheepdog and Marc Anthony vs Zoot and Lips (Zoot gets the win after a loud sax note dazes Marc and Lips hits a flying cross body block. On a side note, Sam would have stopped the pin but couldn't see past his bangs and ended up kicking the ring post by mistake).
    -I would host. Silly question!
    -When Pretend Worlds Collide (Mark will probably get the hilarity of that and maybe Milo)
    -A little, but I'll console myself with my Holly, a comicon and a WWE house show.
    1. besides money or people, what's the one thing that you lost in your lifetime that you would want back the most?
    2. ever met anyone famous?
    3. name one thing you love the best about each season
    4. what's the fastest you have driven a car?
    5. ever been in twouble with the man?
    6. do you have any pets?
    7. out of 40, where do you think I will finish in Buzzzard's game tomorrow?
    8. if you can guess the cents on my paycheque from Thursday, I will send you a fin.
    9. best move, Jake The Snake's DDT, Hogan's leg drop, Ordnorffs piledriver or Greg Valentines spectacular elbow drop?
    10. stupid question of these 10?

1. My virginity. Boy is that a bad memory.
    2. I sat beside Lanny McDonald for an entire Flames game the year after they won the Cup. My dad tried to tell me during the first period but I wouldn't listen because I told him to "shhh! I'm watching the game!"
    3. Spring: Wrestlemania. Summer: girls in less clothing than winter... I mean thunderstorms. Fall: football season. Winter: SNOW FTW!!!!
    4. 170km/h. Once. Got home to Toronto from Windsor in 2 hours 26 minutes. And never did that again.
    5. Speeding tickets but that's about it. But damned if they don't follow me bloody everywhere now that I've moved to Windsor. I swear they're tracking me!
    6. Two cats that are awesome or pains depending on the day. They're names are Claude and Lita and they're brother and sister. It was originally going to be Cloud and Tifa from Final Fantasy VII but then Lita climbed onto the top of the dresser and hit her little brother with a flying cross body block so I had to change her name. Since hers had to change, his did too.
    7. 3rd.
    8. 37.
    9. Leg drop sucks, DDT was always the best but Orndorff's piledriver comes in a very very close second. Hammer's elbow is a thing of beauty that I'm currently trying to learn.
    10. 9 for including Hogan's leg drop.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    7. 3rd.
    8. 37

correct answers:

#7 = $0.03
    #8= 9th but I appreciate the thought

1. who was the last person you know to pass away?
    2. What is one of the world's greatest mysteries you'd like to know the answer to?
    3. what is your biggest phobia and how did develop it?
    correct answers:

#7 = $0.03
    #8= 9th but I appreciate the thought

1. who was the last person you know to pass away?
    2. What is one of the world's greatest mysteries you'd like to know the answer to?
    3. what is your biggest phobia and how did develop it?

1. Ok, this is the oddest thing I've ever had to say. Last Saturday my grandfather's mistress passed on. I still don't know how to feel aside from bad for him.
    2. Serious answer: why is human nature so completely messed up? How is it that we can't just live in harmony with each other and the world around us instead of allowing greed and selfishness to overtake our better judgement. Joke answer: why's the police always after me?! What the hell did I ever do to the 50?! I mean, seriously, the trip to Timmins I got stopped 4 times in 12 hours. And everywhere I drive, they're all over the bloody place! Honourable mention for joke answer: Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego???
    3. Heights. I can do ladders, cages, anything up to about two stories that isn't in a building. After that, I lose my shit big time.
  • Cerberus wrote: »

Milo looked like he was about 180lbs when I met him the other week so yes I can. Bodyslams are actually a team effort though, as it's the slammer lifting and the slamee posting.

:)

Milo actually goes about 260-265 (I'm what you call sneaky-fat), and he ain't helping you drop him ANYWHERE, so good luck.

Sorry, I was away all week, so:

Booze, broads, or meat, which one gets the hook?
  • Superb answers on the wrestling question from Shar . . . and, yeah, I got it . . .

How long did that answer take you?
    Will you use it on your resume when trying to get a booker's gig?

Greatest Midget wrestler of all time?

Best Female Wrestler of the modern era (ie, no picking Moolah, or the other broad who HASN'T had the decency to die yet)?
  • So, have you and the crew turned over any cars since the classes started?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Milo actually goes about 260-265 (I'm what you call sneaky-fat), and he ain't helping you drop him ANYWHERE, so good luck.

Sorry, I was away all week, so:

Booze, broads, or meat, which one gets the hook?

I'm too much of a carnivore and Hollyavore so booze it is. Plus, I got all the drinking out of my system when it was illegal for me to do it, so now I stick to slurpees and milkshakes.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Superb answers on the wrestling question from Shar . . . and, yeah, I got it . . .

How long did that answer take you?
    Will you use it on your resume when trying to get a booker's gig?

Greatest Midget wrestler of all time?

Best Female Wrestler of the modern era (ie, no picking Moolah, or the other broad who HASN'T had the decency to die yet)?

Answer took about 20 minutes and I had to look up lists of both to do the tag matches.

I would totally use it to get a booking job if I knew the person hiring was a muppet and/or looney tunes mark.

Little Beaver mostly for the name, but also the hair.

Personally, I always loved Molly Holly. Any chick willing to shave her head for the betterment of the product has my vote.