DoNs -- SNG Software Tools?

Over the last few weeks I have started focusing on multitabling DoNs on Stars. I never took sngs too seriously before and I never use a HUD for my Omaha cash games.

I am wondering what software tools would be useful to improve my DoN game. I am currently running at 14% ROI which may be above expectation, but I am hoping to be able to maintain a 10%+ ROI at the $20 level as I gradually increase from 8 to 12/16 tables. I don't really think I need software to beat this level but as I move up to the 50s and 100s I am thinking it may help me a bit.

HEM -- useful at all for DoNs? (better than PT3?). Note that I won't be using either for cash games as I don't play NLH cash online other than in mixed games, so this is solely based on utility for DoNs and/or other SNGs in the future.

SNG Wiz -- useful? I think it may be a good tool for reviewing ICM situations near the bubble but I have never used it.

Anything else?

Danka

Comments

• GTA Poker wrote: »
    Over the last few weeks I have started focusing on multitabling DoNs on Stars. I never took sngs too seriously before and I never use a HUD for my Omaha cash games.

I am wondering what software tools would be useful to improve my DoN game. I am currently running at 14% ROI which may be above expectation, but I am hoping to be able to maintain a 10%+ ROI at the $20 level as I gradually increase from 8 to 12/16 tables. I don't really think I need software to beat this level but as I move up to the 50s and 100s I am thinking it may help me a bit.

HEM -- useful at all for DoNs? (better than PT3?). Note that I won't be using either for cash games as I don't play NLH cash online other than in mixed games, so this is solely based on utility for DoNs and/or other SNGs in the future.

SNG Wiz -- useful? I think it may be a good tool for reviewing ICM situations near the bubble but I have never used it.

Anything else?

Danka

sng wizard help you when you down to a short stack like 10bb or less. you need to be good at ranging opponents but it help your learn that anyways. you need to learn its great. i don't have either right now because i can't buy them but im losing money with out the. i tried both hem and pt3. i like pt3 but i can see why people like hem better, its just i tried pt3 first.
  • SNGwiz can be an addon for HEM now btw

SNG Tools for Online Poker
  • I used hem when I was doing up to 16 don's(was clearing a bonus;)), Don't remember any lag but depending on how many stats you have it could clutter up the tables.

Also if you do get hem be prepared to spend up to 2 days trying to get it set up and to get it working.;)
  • philliivey wrote: »

Also if you do get hem be prepared to spend up to 2 days trying to get it set up and to get it working.;)

2 days to set it up? Worked instantly pretty much for me on the big sites, took me some time (hour or two?) to figure out the postgres thingme for the Merge network...but..other than that once I figured out what I was doing wrong (it pays to read directions and forums) it was working in no time..
  • Any benefit to HEM vs PT3?

I d/l the trial version of HEM last night and for some reason the PostgreSQL is having difficulty installing on my computer even though I previously had it working wth PTH.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    2 days to set it up? Worked instantly pretty much for me on the big sites, took me some time (hour or two?) to figure out the postgres thingme for the Merge network...but..other than that once I figured out what I was doing wrong (it pays to read directions and forums) it was working in no time..

see GTA'S post under yours,
    HA!:p

I meant setting up your sites names folders, all the stats you want, options etc etc on top of installing.:)
  • Fuck me, Table Ninja is the shit.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    see GTA'S post under yours,
    HA!:p

I meant setting up your sites names folders, all the stats you want, options etc etc on top of installing.:)

Well, I didn't have any issues except with Merge network...I had to redo some stuff from there...it didn't take days...there is a simple walk through the postgres issue on their site.

As far as site name folders...it did an autodetect and picked them all up and imported them in no time...I didn't change a thing....my ftp took some time to import however, as there were a few hundred thousand hands.....I use the standard/default stats which seem to be good for me.

I have never used pt3, so I can't compare.
  • HEM is working but I don't know how to get the HUD going (which would be the only use I'd have for HEM) -- table manager pops up but doesn't detect my tables or do anything.

Help?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    HEM is working but I don't know how to get the HUD going (which would be the only use I'd have for HEM) -- table manager pops up but doesn't detect my tables or do anything.

Help?

im not the one really to help you here, anyways i assume you installed the postgresql stuff properly. and then you have to pick the proper file to auto import from under 'import'. once you pick the file that has all your hand history(mines in a full tilt folder>>hand history>>(then my account name). and lastly make sure your hand history is auto saving to a specific folder (from your poker site software) that you pointed to previously.

then click auto import....