SCOOP question/dilemma

Hey guys.

Pokerstars recently ran a bloggers contest where you had to incorporate certain phrases within your blog entries to win tickets to some of the SCOOP events. To make a long story short, I not only won a ticket...but won one of the 50 tickets for a $109 entry.

After reviewing the list of events and comparing to my work schedule, I narrowed the list down to three events (as follows):

SCOOP-08M $109 NLHE 200K Guaranteed (Skill Level 6, PF 38.13)
SCOOP-26M $109 NLHE 200K Guaranteed (Skill Level 6, PF 38.13)
SCOOP $109 Main Event (Skill Level 6, PF 26.30)

This is, by far, the biggest online tournament buy-in I've ever played. Which tourney would you guys pick? Just curious...

Comments

• I don't have any preference as to which tournament as I don't play enough online but how did you calculate the PF and skill level? Did you use the same calculator as we do for live tournaments? And does it take field size into the calculation?
  • I have a spreadsheet application that does the work. Can't remember if I got it from here or one of the other forums (2+2, pocketfives). I know it doesn't calculate based on # of players entered. However, it is on my home computer so I'll have to check if it takes into account it being an online tourney or not. I'll let you guys know.
  • If it is the most common one around, then it should have a Y/N flag for whether it is an online tournament. If it is already level 6 live, then it will definitely be level 6 online since what it is calculating is how many hands you get to play at every level.

If I remember correctly, it accounts for 1.5 hands online for every 1 hand played live.

Al
  • DataMn wrote: »
    If it is the most common one around, then it should have a Y/N flag for whether it is an online tournament.
    Al

You nailed it Al, I have it, just never noticed that flag before... There also was one around that took into account the field size and I used to have it but somehow it has been deleted. Are you aware if it?
  • DataMn wrote: »
    If it is the most common one around, then it should have a Y/N flag for whether it is an online tournament. If it is already level 6 live, then it will definitely be level 6 online since what it is calculating is how many hands you get to play at every level.

If I remember correctly, it accounts for 1.5 hands online for every 1 hand played live.

Al

Yeah, I think this is the one I used.

Anyways, I'm leaning towards the $109 NLHE running tomorrow evening. Wish me luck.