Monitor suggestions?

So, I have decided to go the route of a monitor to add a few tables to my laptop sessions. I can easily tile 8 tables on my laptop and would like to add 4 more tables overall. My laptop max res is 1366x768 and I am guessing that I would want 6 tables per screen.

Can I do this with my current laptop or do I need to get one with higher resolution before considering it?

If I can do it with this one which size/model monitor do you suggest?

Comments

• I think 1920x800 is the resolution you want(quoting this on memory, I am sure someone will correct me).

I have heard raves about 23"-30" monitors so my guess is anywhere in there.
  • I've been using the Dell 2709 for the past 1.5~ years with no complaints - easily able to 16 tables (sizing wise) but I don't really play more than 12 really. Although if I can unload it for a good price locally, I would drop down to dual 24, or maybe do a 30" with a 24" vertically beside the 30.
  • Dual Dell 24". No probs so far except the odd occurance when theres "interference" and it scrambles the screen.
  • Why is everyone using Dell? I see Samsumg, Acer etc. with the same specs (I think) for less money.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    So, I have decided to go the route of a monitor to add a few tables to my laptop sessions. I can easily tile 8 tables on my laptop and would like to add 4 more tables overall. My laptop max res is 1366x768 and I am guessing that I would want 6 tables per screen.

Can I do this with my current laptop or do I need to get one with higher resolution before considering it?

If I can do it with this one which size/model monitor do you suggest?

The output of laptop vga/dvi can be higher than the native laptop output.

I'd go with 1920x1200.
    24" 1920*1200 can be had for about 209-289CND
    What model laptop do you have.
  • I currently run a 25" 1920x1080 for tables which I overlap/tile 3 columns x 2 rows and a side 21" for HEM and the lobby.

30" 2560x1600 would be ideal to get rid of the overlap with that layout.
  • JH1 wrote: »
    I currently run a 25" 1920x1080 for tables which I overlap/tile 3 columns x 2 rows and a side 21" for HEM and the lobby.

30" 2560x1600 would be ideal to get rid of the overlap with that layout.

Do you mean for just 6 tables? I can already do that on a 15" laptop.
  • The output of laptop vga/dvi can be higher than the native laptop output.

I'd go with 1920x1200.
    24" 1920*1200 can be had for about 209-289CND
    What model laptop do you have.

I just have a cheap Acer Aspire 5735z.

I saw a few of these 24" on bestbuy and that is what I am thinking of getting to start with.
    Why is everyone using Dell? I see Samsumg, Acer etc. with the same specs (I think) for less money.

Not a big fan of Acer..had one a few yrs back and just my eyes just became irritated easily. And I only buy Dell products during it's "days of deals" or other random sale events..
    Do you mean for just 6 tables? I can already do that on a 15" laptop.

I do the 3x2 layout and then stack up to 4 layers on top of that. I could run them without overlap if I want to size them down even more but I find a lot more stress on my eyes when my HUD is tiny. So I've got it set to whatever width they come out to if I use the entire height of my screen. Usually play 18-24.

I've also been stacking and moving tables out if I need to pay attention to them lately which seems to work a lot better if you want to run 24.

Edit: Here's an example of what I mean.

TableLayoutforArticle.jpg