NL $1/2 No rake in North York(GTA) - June 18 - 9pm

I have been looking for a game in Toronto without success. Might as well start one myself.

Location: North York, Bayview and Finch (1 block east of Yonge St.)
Time: 9 pm to whenever
Date: June 18, 2010
Game: $1/2 NL Holdem

$10 - to chip in for drinks/snacks (option) - :)

Friends welcome

PM with email if interested, will confirm via email on the first week of June and will provide address.

Interested so far (4):
EKK
Bigmark4455
greathuron
pokerJAH

Comments

• Please also post here if interested.. so I can keep track of the number of people. Btw.. i'm assuming this is legal.. given it's a home game.. w/o rake.. right?
  • Actually, I am pretty sure that charging entry (regardless of the reason) would make it illegal, but IANAL so what do I know?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Actually, I am pretty sure that charging entry (regardless of the reason) would make it illegal, but IANAL so what do I know?

really.. chipping in for snacks and drinks is illegal.. if that's the case, ppl will have to bring their own snacks and drinks.. how about tipping the dealer??
  • You can't make people pay for anything like your entry fee.

I am pretty sure you can give the players an option to help pay for snacks and pop but remember it is just an option the players don't have to pay if they don't want to. Just like tipping the dealer it is just an option
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    You can't make people pay for anything like your entry fee.

I am pretty sure you can give the players an option to help pay for snacks and pop but remember it is just an option the players don't have to pay if they don't want to. Just like tipping the dealer it is just an option

yeah.. no entry fee.. only option to pay for snacks :D

maybe i should just screw the snacks.. and let's forget about tipping the dealer.. we can all deal a hand each.
  • You don't like the answers, don't ask the questions . . . not saying your little home game WILL get busted, but you should know what your risks are . . .

as always, ymmv. :-X
    You don't like the answers, don't ask the questions . . . not saying your little home game WILL get busted, but you should know what your risks are . . .

as always, ymmv. :-X

No no.. i actually really appreciate the answers.. i'm a noob to this.. i have never done this before.. and i just want to play.. and i'm not here to make money or get busted..

thanks for the comments buddy
  • I can't believe people are on here saying that the game will get busted.
    No wonder you can't find decent games anymore. You're scaring anyone who might actually make the trip. Then you post that the game will get busted because he's charging 10 bucks for some pizza and pop? Milo you're full of it.
    No wonder you can't find decent games anymore. You're scaring anyone who might actually make the trip. Then you post that the game will get busted because he's charging 10 bucks for some pizza and pop? Milo you're full of it.

ai... screw the food.. i won't charge anything.. i just don't want anything illegal in my house... it's not like i want to make money hosting the game.. i just wanna keep it fun, so I can rob everybody's money on the table! ???
  • This sounds good man, start it. June 18th looks good to me. Lets connect on phone.
  • greathuron wrote: »
    This sounds good man, start it. June 18th looks good to me. Lets connect on phone.
    sure.. PM me ur number... ur PM msg was blank. thanks.

For the record, I did NOT say he WOULD get busted, merely that he was risking it. That is a fact, confirmed by more experienced players than I . . .

The reality is, he will likely be fine with his game as originally posted. But, this is a public forum, and if you think that there are not law enforcement types who occasionaly look in from time to time, you are dreaming. With that in mind, players need to be aware of what they are getting into, whether it is a "home" game, or something larger.

As for being full of it, think what what you like . . . :-X
    For the record, I did NOT say he WOULD get busted, merely that he was risking it. That is a fact, confirmed by more experienced players than I . . .

The reality is, he will likely be fine with his game as originally posted. But, this is a public forum, and if you think that there are not law enforcement types who occasionaly look in from time to time, you are dreaming. With that in mind, players need to be aware of what they are getting into, whether it is a "home" game, or something larger.

As for being full of it, think what what you like . . . :-X

Don't worry about it. It's all good. I'm not trying to run anything illegally, so I won't get busted. I just want to make sure I'm not running against the law, so these are good advice. Thanks.
  • you should include a listing of interested players in the opening post; will try my best to make it. I might be able to get a couple more players.

Don't worry about getting busted, with 100s of raked games running nightly in the GTA, you have a better chance to win the lotto.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    you should include a listing of interested players in the opening post; will try my best to make it. I might be able to get a couple more players.

Don't worry about getting busted, with 100s of raked games running nightly in the GTA, you have a better chance to win the lotto.

At this participation rate.. i wonder how many police dudes need to bust 4 guys.. :mad:

no wonder i can't find enough players.. there aren't any.. :-\
  • Hey i know its an old post but just registered for the site. Let me know if you guys are playing. New to town so I would like to play. Thanks