eWallet fees are eating up my deposits/cashouts

Hi, I need a fee-free solution to depositing and cashing out to PokerStars otherwise these virtual credit card/ewallet fees will just keep nibbling away at my bankroll.

Do Student Mastercards work? They are about the only types of cards I can apply for at the moment. I have a VISA but it denies online gaming transactions.

Comments

• If by student mastercard you mean prepaid mastercard, then yes, they work.
  • Where's the best place to apply for one? I know there's a Much Prepaid Mastercard, but it costs $30. Also, will I be able to transfer funds to the prepaid card through RBC online banking?
  • You can buy pre-paid mastercards at almost any convenience store around.
    Most 7-11's, Petro Canadas, and Money Marts always have them.
  • You can buy pre-paid mastercards at almost any convenience store around.
    Most 7-11's, Petro Canadas, and Money Marts always have them.

Can I cashout to these vanilla mastercards? If so, then how can I transfer the balance to my bank account? Through ATM?

Don't I have to pay taxes on vanilla mastercards?
  • Instadebit. Very minimal conversion fees (hardly noticeable).
  • Did anybody ever bother to calculate what percentage Instadebit and other ewallets charge from the true median exchange rate? I think it's at least 2.5%. For example, if you cashed out U$1000 to your C$ bank or credit card on a day when the C$ was exactly at par, I think you would get C$975 or less.
    DennisG wrote: »
    Instadebit. Very minimal conversion fees (hardly noticeable).
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Did anybody ever bother to calculate what percentage Instadebit and other ewallets charge from the true median exchange rate? I think it's at least 2.5%. For example, if you cashed out U$1000 to your C$ bank or credit card on a day when the C$ was exactly at par, I think you would get C$975 or less.

ya but who cashes out and who has $1,000.;)
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Did anybody ever bother to calculate what percentage Instadebit and other ewallets charge from the true median exchange rate? I think it's at least 2.5%. For example, if you cashed out U$1000 to your C$ bank or credit card on a day when the C$ was exactly at par, I think you would get C$975 or less.

I have cashed out 1000.00usd several times in the last few months, and while the dollar wasn't quite at par I have gotten over my withdrawl amt. cdn each time. The exchange for me having my money in just a few days, is worth it to me. Might not be for everyone..but...what is Moneybookers? Like 10% up to a max of 150? (I think) Then the exchange... there is no other cost with Instadebit...
  • DennisG wrote: »
    I have cashed out 1000.00usd several times in the last few months, and while the dollar wasn't quite at par I have gotten over my withdrawl amt. cdn each time. The exchange for me having my money in just a few days, is worth it to me. Might not be for everyone..but...what is Moneybookers? Like 10% up to a max of 150? (I think) Then the exchange... there is no other cost with Instadebit...

Apply for VIP/pro gambler status with moneybookers. It removes all your transfer limits and I get all my transaction fees refunded on the 1st of the month. I also spoke to a moneybookers rep in Barcelona and she said Canada will be getting mastercards connected to your moneybookers account in the near future. Assuming you can't get progambler status I suggest Instadebit.
  • I just cashed out U$1000 and even though the U$ is still above par with the C$ (~1.027), I only got C$994. :(
    DennisG wrote: »
    I have cashed out 1000.00usd several times in the last few months, and while the dollar wasn't quite at par I have gotten over my withdrawl amt. cdn each time.
  • Soup wrote: »
    Apply for VIP/pro gambler status with moneybookers. It removes all your transfer limits and I get all my transaction fees refunded on the 1st of the month. I also spoke to a moneybookers rep in Barcelona and she said Canada will be getting mastercards connected to your moneybookers account in the near future. Assuming you can't get progambler status I suggest Instadebit.

To do this just make a €5000 transaction within a month. You will then also be eligible for a security token as well.
  • Well currently I do not have 5000 euros.

Do Mastercard credit/debit cards work? Are they CFT eligible?