How I Spent My Weekend

Saturday-Played golf at 9:30. Time was a little early for my liking but a friend took the time out of his busy schedule to make it so I did not complain. I went to bed a little earlier on Friday so I wouldn't be late.
Had lunch out at the Club at around 1:30.
Came home and went shopping with the wife. We hit Golftown, Costco, Roberts Boxed Meats, Golf Sale at Fairway Road Holiday Inn, Golftown again, home to unpack, Zehrs and home again.
Wife, daughter and myself met another couple and their daughter for dinner and drinks at EJ's around 8:30. Got home around 11:30, watched some TV and went to bed.
Memory isn't what it used to be, but I don't recall sitting at home and crying.

Sunday-Got up early and went out to the golf course again. Due to inclement weather, game was cancelled, so we sat around and shot the shit for a couple of hours. Came home and spent time with family until daughter left for her school work term which she started this morning.
Watched Rangers lose to superior team, felt bad for the kids but they gave it their best.
Made dinner with wife, washed dishes together, then even though I don't care about the Forum played in the Sunday tournament that Scoops kindly puts on. As it is the only one I can make all week because I actually have a job, I do my best to play, even if there are very few players.
Of course, since I only got sucked out once by DataMn this week, I luckboxed my way to the win. (sorry Bead)
Watched some TV after and went to bed.

Monday-Woke up and started packing for my trip to Florida. Please God, make sure the customs people let me enter the States.
Again, even though I don't care about the Forum, I got the chips ready for my next tournament on May 15th. I spend hours working on these tournaments everytime for no thanks, but shockingly, I continue to run them. With Trevor and Greg no longer organizing and Rob running sporadically, this is the only regular tournament now in Kitchener run through the Forum.
Now getting ready to make lunch and go to work. I know it is not as hard work as keeping a team together and being harassed, but I still manage to do it around 240 days a year.

Hope everyone else's weekend was a good as mine.

Comments

• >I spend hours working on these tournaments everytime
    >for no thanks, but shockingly, I continue to run them.

I know this post is probably not directed at me, but I hope you do know how appreciated
    you are Dave. I try to make it a point to thank you for every tournament because I know
    the time and sacrifice that goes into them.

I hope you have a good vaction Dave, you deserve it!

Al
  • I too would like to thank you for all of your tournies Dave. They are really well run and a LOT of fun to play in. I usually mean to say thanks before I leave, but sometimes I just get too excited at my donkey play that just busted me. I'm lucky to find the door in the fit of rage I usually find myself in. lol

I realize that there is a huge amount of work put into running these, so I don't hesistate to put in a donation everytime. I hope everyone else does this also. Cards, chips, chairs, tables, etc get very costly.

Anyways have a good vaca, lookin forward to May 15th!
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    (sorry Bead)
    She forgives you... but she doesn't forgive me for giving her that stupid advice to get more aggressive.. :)