BMO Field

Anybody watch today's match? What do you think of the new grandstand that replaces the North-end beer garden? Not a full stand like the South-end bank, but I like anything that increases my ability to pick up some seats . . .

And the turf (REAL GRASS) looks great.

Comments

• not a bad set of temp seats. They didn't put in anything too solid so that if real expansion takes place in 5 years it will be an easy demo of what is there.

There is still a standing room section under the stands. Didn't go under to check it out but a few people were enjoying it.

The real grass makes the game so much better. You can shunt a ball into the corner and someone can actually catch it before it skids out of bounds. That was so difficult on the plastic pitch of old.

Didn't get too muddy in the rain either. Guess the hyper fancy drainage is working well.

Let me know if there are any games you are really interested in. I can try to grab them from the season ticket holders sales board for you.
  • Anybody else heading there for tonight?
  • actyper wrote: »
    Anybody else heading there for tonight?

I was there....great game. Quite a ruckous in the first half. I wish I could find the "punch" online....I'd like to see a replay.
  • Yeah saw the highlights later on, on the score. Compared Garcia to "Glass Joe" lol. All I saw was the guy drop seemingly for no reason. Also Ty harden's cut was supposdly "to the bone" ouch
  • yeah, crazy stream of blood coming out of harden's leg. not sure why he thought it would be a good idea to head back to midfield for the restart....shoulda just dropped right there.

The hit on garcia was to his chin though. Getting hit straight on the chin by a guy as strong as brown will do exactly what happened....go wobbely and then just tank. especially if you have a glass chin...... I sort of laughed when I saw him leave the game....

Must say the fans that decided to make the trip from Montreal were a total classless bunch of mooks. just absolute morons screaming all sorts of obscenities at the other fans with kids everywhere. Was very glad to see their team dispatched on the field. It's one thing to taunt and cheer and all but to call a 10 year old girl a cunt because she showed them her team scarf is way beyond.

Great game though. they played like a team....
  • Guess they were pissed that the Habs . . . uh, wait . . . never mind.

Just classless moonbats, then. Nothing out of the ordinary . . .
  • I wish the would show replays other than goals on the screen. Would have loved to hear the reaction of the crowd seeing Garcia get KTFO.
  • actyper wrote: »
    I wish the would show replays other than goals on the screen. Would have loved to hear the reaction of the crowd seeing Garcia get KTFO.

should be replayed on Goal TV sometime.

was actually quite funny. It looked like he totally played it up and did a death scene worthy of Shakespeare at The Shaw festival.
    Milo wrote: »
    Guess they were pissed that the Habs . . . uh, wait . . . never mind.

Just classless moonbats, then. Nothing out of the ordinary . . .

what was totally hilarious was that the Toronto guys in the section below the Montreal fans could see the game on a screen in the VIP lounge. When the game was over they turned around and were like "WE WON!!!"

just a crazy juxtaposition of hate and camaraderie. Guess hockey still crosses all boundaries in this country.
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    should be replayed on Goal TV sometime.

No I mean on field on the big screen. They replay goals but not anything else.
  • Probably an MLS rule . . . you know, show nothing controversial to avoid whipping up the fans, that sort of crap . . .

like the BMO fans aren't already the liveliest in the league . . .:D
  • Milo wrote: »
    Probably an MLS rule . . . you know, show nothing controversial to avoid whipping up the fans, that sort of crap . . .

like the BMO fans aren't already the liveliest in the league . . .:D

This. They were told not to do it.