STARS question!!

hey guys i recently joined stars but im a little confused with the FPP system. do i have to play money games? i know of full tilt u can buy in with ur points into a tourney and if you opt out after u win u get the points but it doesnt count towards your bonus release. is that how it works on stars also?

Comments

• Basically how Stars works is that you get VPPs for rake paid.

In tournaments you get 5.5x per dollar so if you play a $10+$1 you get 5.5 VPPs.

In 6max cash games you get 5.5x per dollar as well but this is split between the players dealt into the hand. So if the rake reaches $1.50 with 6 players on a given hand you calculate $1.50*5.5/6 = 1.375 VPPs. Full ring games are calculated at 6x per dollar.

VPPs don't count for anything though and are just a placeholder. The points you can spend are calculated based on your VIP status which gives you different multipliers. For example, if you earn 1000 VPPs and you are Bronzestar you get a 1x multiplier and 1000 FPPs. If you are a Supernova you get a 3.5x multiplier and instead receive 3500 FPPs when you earn 1000 VPPs. It basically is meant to reward people for playing more obviously.

There are monthly requirements for attaining each level and subsequent multiplier for Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum and yearly requirements for Supernova and Supernova Elite.

Hope this helps!