Poker Tournament May 1st

Hey Everyone. It has been a while I know but things have been pretty hectic and now I'm ready to get a big tournament going. I emailed a bunch of people last week and I have had a hell of a response already so I expect this to be big. The tournament will be at my house for those of you who have been here before and for those who have not please get in touch with me and I will fill you in on the details.

Texas Hold 'em Poker Tournament

Kitchener, Ontario
Date: Saturday May 1st
Time: 7:00
Format: Freeze-out
Buy-in: $40.00

Guaranteed large starting chip stack and good blind structure.

Please arrive by 6:45 so we can get started on time.

We expect to have approximately 50 players. Please register early.

Bring extra cash for sit n gos and cash games after
BYOB, there will be snacks available.

If you are interested in helping to run this tourny please let me know. Volounteers are always welcome and appreciated.
Please RSVP

Comments

• Q1; Is this tounament raked?

Q2; If not I would suggest you have an an assigned dealer at each table, ie perhaps let dealers play but only pay 1/2 price. That's the way some of the leagues do it. Helps to keep the pace of the game going...
  • There is no rake for my tournament (I'm just a nice guy who likes to have poker tournaments) and I will not be assigning a dealer for each table. The players will be responsible for their own deal. I will be putting two decks of cards at each table.
  • me. in. ty.
  • Sign me up please.
  • Thanks. Got you both.
  • I'll play

Sweeeeeeeeet

Mark
  • compuease wrote: »
    Q1; Is this tounament raked?

Q2; If not I would suggest you have an an assigned dealer at each table, ie perhaps let dealers play but only pay 1/2 price. That's the way some of the leagues do it. Helps to keep the pace of the game going...

Jeff, I can vouch for TG. I've been to his home game before.

Stu, sign me up!
  • Thanks JohnnieH. I've got you and DrT signed up.
  • Can you put down. Thank. And good to hear from you again
  • Let me know if anybody wants to host a similar game in GTA
  • Thanks R Brother. Let me know if you plan on bringing anyone.
  • Hey Stu, just wondering if you could sign me up for this one ! Me and my brother played at your home games in late 2009. I dont think my brother can make it out, But I can make it and really looking forward to it! Please Sign me UP! :)
  • Sounds great...you are in
  • Sorry I need to bail.

gl all.
  • Shameless bump here. I still have a few seats left if anyone is interested. Should be a great tourny. I have over 30 confirmed so for those who have already registered please feel free to bring a friend or two so we get an even better turn out. Thanks.
  • Hey Tommy

Sorry, I think I'm going to pull out of this one too...

Mark
  • Please sign me up as tentative. PM directions thanks.
  • Hey Stu, if you could PM directions that would be great :) see you tomorrow
  • Thanks to all of you who are coming to the tourny. I will PM my address to all of you later tonight. Thanks again. Still looking for a few more people.
  • Tommy, I am interested but how many do you have confirmed so far? I really like tournies with 30+ players...
  • My head count is in the 30 range right now but I can not guarantee every single person will come. Let me know if you still want to come and I will PM you my address.
  • My wife and I are interested in coming (sent you a PM). Could you please PM me the address.
  • Ok, please send me the directions, etc. I see that several ppl I have played with before are coming........ see easy money for a Rock! :) I'm in...
  • Thanks very much for hosting yesterday... Very nice tournament, fun people, great host... Will be back... Didn't play well but guess that's my fault. :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Didn't play well but guess that's my fault. :)

<waiting for the obligatory age comment>
  • Just want to thank everyone for coming. We had 31 players and it looks like everyone enjoyed themselves.....although a few may have been a little lighter in the wallet. I want to thank Jen for helping out so much with being the final table dealer and helping with some of the tidy up. These tournys are a lot of work and getting a little help really makes a difference.

I will run another one in a couple of months or so and I hope to see you all back. Thanks again. In the mean time I hope to get to a few of the other games here and get a chance to meet some of you when I don't have to run around and host.
  • I meant to suggest that as people bust you should lay out their seat chips so you know what seats are open on each table. Then when you break a table you can lay those seat chips out and have people from the collapsed table redraw from the open seats.