Full tilt now has steps!

So as of today full tilt has a step system for sit n go's, win a step 7, 9 man and you get a wsop package(ya right, the chances of that happening).

SO question is what is the strategy for these? Start at step 1 try to work your way up or start at step 2 or 3? go to a certain step and use the ticket for something else?

They have 18 man's the 1st few levels as well, so that peaked my interest.

Comments

• I was watching a DeucesCracked video a little while back and they did a series on playing steps on Stars towards a step 6 win. The "coach" was basically saying even if you set aside 500 to buy directly into step 1s, you would need to get lucky to win a seat 6.

So take it however you want to.

What is the buy-in/pay-out structure on FTP?
  • 3.30 is step 1, top 2 get step 2 ticket 3-4 step 1(i think)

goes up from there, but maybe it is something to give a shot and see if you can get to like step 5, take the ticket and play the 750k or something on only $3.30.
  • I'm gonna get to step 7 and then I'm gonna get 6 outed on the river for the package again. It'll be fun =)
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I'm gonna get to step 7 and then I'm gonna get 6 outed on the river for the package again. It'll be fun =)

haha, your like me, already know what is going to happen;)
  • philliivey wrote: »

SO question is what is the strategy for these?

Your strategy should be, "Don't play steps!!!!!!!!!!!!"

As I've said before,

If you're not a top player like Mike or Ryan, steps are an awful waste of money.

If you can't beat the top level, don't play a step 1.
  • Your strategy should be, "Don't play steps!!!!!!!!!!!!"

As I've said before,

If you're not a top player like Mike or Ryan, steps are an awful waste of money.

If you can't beat the top level, don't play a step 1.

meh, for $3.30 i might give it a shot at least once. no harm in trying. although i will most likely not play all the way to step 7. probably "cash out" earlier and use it for another tournament. i don't care who i am up against. in a regular sng i think i have a decent shot at finishing top three. guess i'm just too cocky ;) [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • looking at the steps, you can use the tickets for other tournaments from step three and up (starting at $26). that might be a really good way to win tickets into the $24+$2 tournaments.
  • trigs wrote: »
    looking at the steps, you can use the tickets for other tournaments from step three and up (starting at $26). that might be a really good way to win tickets into the $24+$2 tournaments.

Ya that's what I was thinking:)
  • Hidden brag - I went from step 1 to step 5 tonight...had to do step 4, 3 times, after finishing 3rd 2 times in a row (blowing the chip lead I might add). Now onto step 5....

Not as good as Mike or Ryan but I am a lot luckier and that is what counts :P
  • so you can cash out in these at any step?
  • From the site:

Please note that Steps Tournament Tickets are not transferable to other players, may not be converted to cash or T$ and are non-refundable. Tournament details are subject to change without notice. Learn more about Tournament Tickets for a range of tournaments, including Steps Tournaments.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    so you can cash out in these at any step?

you can't get cash or tournament dollars, but from step 3 ($26 ticket) and above you can use the tickets for other tournaments of the same value.

"Steps Tournament Tickets, for Step 3 and above, can also be used to buy in to any tournament with an equivalent buy-in amount. For example, if you win a Step 5 ticket worth $216, you can buy in to any $200 + $16 tournament, such as the $750K Sunday Guarantee."
  • Ya.. I saw these steps tourneys.. I played them..

I think they're ok.. but I will only go to step 3 then I'll take the ticket to use in a $24+$2 like has been mentioned..

It's pretty simple to get to step 3 if you ask me.. I'm pretty confident that I can regularly come in the top 4.. So either way.. I am pretty much guaranteed to try again every time I play to get the step 3...

But that's my opinion... I might be cocky... But I'm taking my Step 3 ticket and using it for a Main event shootout when I get a chance...

Now THAT is a tournament that has been messing with me..