Jays Home Opener Impressions

First of all I believe I heard the CPF boys booing Rios when he struck out. Good job boys.

2nd Impression: this is the first game I've watched on the season and I was thinking to myself why the fuck is Buck Martinez talking so much? Then I realized he was calling the game and not doing colour. WTF? It's wrong just wrong. I thought he was great at colour but he sucks at calling the game.

Comments

• moose wrote: »
    First of all I believe I heard the CPF boys booing Rios when he struck out. Good job boys.

2nd Impression: this is the first game I've watched on the season and I was thinking to myself why the fuck is Buck Martinez talking so much? Then I realized he was calling the game and not doing colour. WTF? It's wrong just wrong. I thought he was great at colour but he sucks at calling the game.

Did you hear me booing when Frasor blew the save in the 9th?

Against the Orioles over the weekend, Buck managed to consistently get the players names wrong, he also called the Orioles the Blue Jays many times. Pat Tabler was excellent as always, but Martinez needs to think before he speaks.
  • I lol'd @ Bucks call of Gonzalez' bomb foul ball in the 11th.
  • Miss Jamie Campbell yet?
  • haha.. i loved andruw jones's "blooper" (as buck would put it) to left field which turned out to be a home run.. lol
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Miss Jamie Campbell yet?

At least he calls the game with some intonation in his voice and some sense of excitment.

It felt like Buck was calling game 162 after the Jays had been eliminated from the playoffs for over 2 months. Buck droned on and on and seriously put me to sleep. He and Pat Tabler should switch roles.