Who Here is a SnG Grinder?

Just curious who here can and does play 150+ sit and gos a week? I am having a debate with a couple of other players about the different "grinds" out there in terms of sustainable ROI, and few have yet to beat the Omaha DoN grind that I do part time (15% ROI over nearly 7,000 games with no month below 10%)

I am curious on other people's grinds.

I also have a prop bet about whether I can turn a non Omaha player into a 7% grinder within 1,500 games. Simply put I know I can rather easily, but I have not been visiting here as often lately to figure out how to go about setting that in motion with anyone interested.

Can others who grind here post a little info on their grind? That would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Well I play mostly NLHE DON's ($10.) on Party and ($5.) on Stars. Don't really track my ROI as I don't play to make money really nor do I play more than about 40-50 a month... I go up pretty steadily but use it mostly to fund some MTT's where I'm hoping to make a decent score eventually... Since I have never had to reload in 5 years I guess that would make me a grinder..:) I do love playing Omaha on occasion though...
  • i made my original bank roll grinding out sngs ($5+$0.50 9-man sngs on pokerroom back in the day). haven't needed to deposit my own money since then. however, i really don't grind the sngs any more. i'm concentrating on cash games now with only a handful of tournaments a week.

i am using my points though for the 1800 point sngs that give out the $24 tickets on FTP.

and i am not a omaha player.
  • buddy if you can turn me into a 7% omaha sng player i'll be your huckleberry!!

I'm dying to be a PLO winner, and if it'll help your prop bet lets do it!

as for me I rarely play STT, mostly MTTs with little results since last year (last april hit a nice score of about 4K in two tournies)
  • I play cash mostly until I run cold, then switch to STT. 250 Omaha H/L tourneys this year only, $6.50 to $16 buy in. 13% ROI. It's often the same guys, and they are pretty easily beatable. Sometimes I get on a PLO by mistake thinking its HiLo and don't even realize it until we are heads up and i'm wondering why i didn't take down the lo! I would assume then that PLO is as easy as PLO8 on the low BI games.
  • Monteroy wrote: »
    Just curious who here can and does play 150+ sit and gos a week? I am having a debate with a couple of other players about the different "grinds" out there in terms of sustainable ROI, and few have yet to beat the Omaha DoN grind that I do part time (15% ROI over nearly 7,000 games with no month below 10%)

I am curious on other people's grinds.

I also have a prop bet about whether I can turn a non Omaha player into a 7% grinder within 1,500 games. Simply put I know I can rather easily, but I have not been visiting here as often lately to figure out how to go about setting that in motion with anyone interested.

Can others who grind here post a little info on their grind? That would be appreciated, thanks.

How much is the prop bet? I don't play Omaha DONs but I bet you could get me to 10% quite easily:)

Also, I played a few of the NLH DONs and got kind of hooked over the past 2 weeks, here are my stats -- I would like to be able to 10 table these (I don't currently have the proper setup) but think my play drops off when I get over 4-5 tables. I generally play while watching tv, etc. so that would be an obvious leak playing more tables.

I don't use a HUD at all -- if you use one what is most useful? Personally, I don't see the need for one if you know ICM well but maybe I am wrong.

How many tables do you play?

Any suggestions for increasing volume at a sustainable win rate?

Untitled-12.jpg
  • Anyone who looks at my setup goes insane as I generally 12-14 table and it is a mix of Omaha DoNs, Omaha MTTs, NL SnGs (1 table) and NL MTTs and once in a while some cash games or hi/lo MTTs.

I have 100,000 hands on some of the other regs in the Omaha DoNs, so a HUD there is more to identify the unknowns (ie: the limp every hand guys or the aggro maniacs) while playing a ton of tables.

I'll send you a PM with a bit more detail.

Monteroy
  • I'm starting up again after a long absent. Focusing on 10-tabling on $5.50 NL reg on Stars...yesterday didn't go so well as I went 1 of 10 =( and bubbled 4 of them. Overall stats for these $5.50's are about 20% ROI over 600 games...I was 4-tabling previously, so it'd be interesting to see if I can sustain the ROI at 10 tables. Aiming for about 100 games a week.
  • TiMSuM wrote: »
    I'm starting up again after a long absent. Focusing on 10-tabling on $5.50 NL reg on Stars...yesterday didn't go so well as I went 1 of 10 =( and bubbled 4 of them. Overall stats for these $5.50's are about 20% ROI over 600 games...I was 4-tabling previously, so it'd be interesting to see if I can sustain the ROI at 10 tables. Aiming for about 100 games a week.

this is like a video game where you get rewarded for clicking the right place at the right time. this is sick to me though...convince me...
  • I used to 4-6 table 6max sngs. It gets difficult (for me) when I get 2-4 handed on 5-6 tables at once. Thing I like about DoNs is that increasing volume seems not to be an issue as you are never playing less than 6 handed.
  • How do you calculate Return on Investment? I play micro stakes SNG 10,9,6-max tournaments. Currently trying to work off the 100% Deposit Bonus. Also, what are DoN's?
  • How do you calculate Return on Investment? I play micro stakes SNG 10,9,6-max tournaments. Currently trying to work off the 100% Deposit Bonus. Also, what are DoN's?

To calculate ROI take the amount you have won in the tournaments, divide by the total buyins, and then subtract 1. This will give your Return on investment.

eg. If you buy in to 10 Sit n gos for $110 and come away with $130 in prize money then your ROI is 130/110-1 or 18.18%

DON stands for Double or Nothing.
  • DataMn wrote: »
    To calculate ROI take the amount you have won in the tournaments, divide by the total buyins, and then subtract 1. This will give your Return on investment.

eg. If you buy in to 10 Sit n gos for $110 and come away with $130 in prize money then your ROI is 130/110-1 or 18.18%

DON stands for Double or Nothing.

Or just go to sharkscope.com and enter your user name
  • Monteroy wrote: »

I'm interested!! PM me!
  • Doh! How could I not realize what DoN was? I play DoN NLHE and PLO almost exclusively! I really like it more than the traditional 9-max 1-table SnG's.

Do you think there will be enough popularity in other games such as Badugi for PS to start DoN Badugi SnG's?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Or just go to sharkscope.com and enter your user name
    Unfortunately, Sharkscope's displayed ROI is highly confusing as it is not the standard TOTAL ROI, but the AVERAGE ROI of your different buy-ins. That is why you see a lot of losing players with a negative profit but have a positive ROI in Sharkscope! ???

Using DataMn's example, if 99% of your games are $10 SNGs and only 1% are $1 SNGs where you have +200% ROI, Sharkscope would add up your 18% and 200% ROIs and display the average of 109%, even though your true ROI is just ~18%.