Touchscreen Multitabling Online and Multi table hints.

Hey guys!

I picked up a Gateway 23" touchscreen all in one computer and am hoping I can handle more tables. With a trade-in of your old computer, you can pick it up for $1099 less $100 trade in rebate.

Currently I play 5 to 7 tables on my 17" laptop with the touchpad and cannot handle more than that. I play Omaha hi-lo and think the hi-lo aspect forces me to think a little longer on the hand. I cascade the tables because moving around with the touchpad is kinda slow and awkwark and I've got nowhere to use a mouse while I'm sprawled out on the couch eating popcorn and watching TV.

I'm hoping the bigger screen and the touch aspect can help me do nine tables and reduce hours of play. (also cut out the TV and popcorn)

Does anybody play online Poker on a touchscreen computer? Do you have any tips? Tiling vs. Cascading. Sng or Cash tables? Do your arms get really tired? Do you have huge muscles in your wrists now. Do you use 2 or 3 monitors instead of one?

Also, this computer has Windows Seven and not Vista. Is there any advantages with Seven related to poker?

Comments

• I think a touch screen would be hard on your arms.
  • Did not know that even existed,lol

I am thinking of going to 2 or 3 screens, just a thought and I really don't have the room but something I am throwing around.
  • I play with my laptop and a second monitor in my room. I cant play in front of a TV, let alone multitable omaha hi/lo while lounging like you describe...
  • Re:

"I think a touch screen would be hard on your arms."

Well yeah... I'm sure it would for a while. Think of the exercise!
  • Best way to multi-table is:

Big ass monitor
    High quality mouse
    Keyboard w/ a number pad.

I would think a touchpad would slow down the game. Let us know how it goes.
  • I still like my xBox controller for multitabling
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Best way to multi-table is:

Big ass monitor.... Check
    High quality mouse..... Recommendation?
    Keyboard w/ a number pad. Check

I would think a touchpad would slow down the game. Let us know how it goes.

Agreed. It slows things down a lot although I've gotten pretty good at it. I still hate it when the tables start beeping at me.

I am hoping to try and use 2 hands on the screen and see how that goes.... and then maybe get a second monitor. then... toes? lol
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I still like my xBox controller for multitabling

I'm surprised you don't have an app for your iPhone.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I'm surprised you don't have an app for your iPhone.

There's an app for that.
    I just like the controller better.
  • I would think its like the wii, fun and cool at first, but after a while you just want to go back to a regular controller.
  • actyper wrote: »
    I would think its like the wii, fun and cool at first, but after a while you just want to go back to a regular controller.

First attempt... failure, sort of. I tiled 4 tables in some penny games and kind of fumbled at the little check boxes. My hands aren't chubby either. My goal for nine tabling seems distant, but i'm not going to give up this experiment yet.

I'm starting to think that some kind of stylus pen that absorbs my body temp. (or a heated pen if they exist), would work a lot better. A round tipped thimble even. I need to pinpoint my taps more effectively in quick and consistent pattern.

The quest continues...
  • Steampunk-Finger-Stylus.jpg

Ok, here goes nothing. LOL
  • leafster99 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that some kind of stylus pen that absorbs my body temp. (or a heated pen if they exist), would work a lot better. I need to pinpoint my taps more effectively in quick and consistent pattern.
    Is there such a thing that I can use for an iPod Touch? My Palm PDA suddenly died on me, but I hate constantly mistyping text on the iPod, so I have gone back to the old-fashioned way of recording my important information with only pen and paper! :-[
  • pogo_iphone_stylus.jpg

like this?
  • A touchscreen monitor just seems incredibly unnecessary. Especially if you're multi-tabling.
  • derrickone wrote: »
    A touchscreen monitor just seems incredibly unnecessary. Especially if you're multi-tabling.
    Please expand on this. As touchscreens are now affordable and
    more sensitive, (not to mention multitouch capability), might it not be the future? I can go either way on this, and would just like to hear some more arguments about it. Also, I'm going out to buy a wireless rechargeable mouse. Any recommendations?
  • Logitech MX Revolution
    cheaper?

I would not recommend that you go cheaper.
    Poker on a touchscreen computer?

Sounds like an awful idea, DUCY?
    Please expand on this. As touchscreens are now affordable and
    more sensitive, (not to mention multitouch capability), might it not be the future? I can go either way on this, and would just like to hear some more arguments about it. Also, I'm going out to buy a wireless rechargeable mouse. Any recommendations?

I was looking at it more from a poker playing point of view. It just doesn't seem practical.
    Please expand on this. As touchscreens are now affordable and more sensitive, (not to mention multitouch capability), might it not be the future? I can go either way on this, and would just like to hear some more arguments about it.

I think the technology's there, but not the poker software. I'd give up on clicking the checkboxes entirely and just wait 'til it's your turn to act and you can hit the big button. What do you use for a numpad? Sorry, I'm trying to picture your setup on the couch with this massive screen on your lap...
    I would not recommend that you go cheaper.

Seconded; if you want comfort, functionality and quality you'll be paying a pretty penny. That said, the Revolution isn't the only mouse out there, I have a G7 that has lasted me a while.
  • sounds awful...for $100 can you get your old computer back?
  • What do you use for a numpad? Sorry, I'm trying to picture your setup on the couch with this massive screen on your lap...

No. I still play mostly on my laptop on my lap. It's big and has its own number pad. LOL. I don't think I could handle a touchscreen monitor on my lap for any stretch of time.

I ordered a stylus on ebay $2! shipped, and it should come tomorrow. I compare the mouse with the screen and if anybody is interested, I'll let you know how it turns out. I've always struggled with seven tables on my laptop for omaha 8, and I see some guys playing 20 tables well. I'm not young anymore (44), so I don't think I'll ever get close to 20 tables, but if I can do 12 I would be thrilled. I'm curious as to how long it takes people to get there and whether its simply a matter of tightening up their opening hand selection or just keep adding one more table and getting comfortable with it.
    No. I still play mostly on my laptop on my lap. It's big and has its own number pad. LOL. I don't think I could handle a touchscreen monitor on my lap for any stretch of time.

I ordered a stylus on ebay $2! shipped, and it should come tomorrow. I compare the mouse with the screen and if anybody is interested, I'll let you know how it turns out. I've always struggled with seven tables on my laptop for omaha 8, and I see some guys playing 20 tables well. I'm not young anymore (44), so I don't think I'll ever get close to 20 tables, but if I can do 12 I would be thrilled. I'm curious as to how long it takes people to get there and whether its simply a matter of tightening up their opening hand selection or just keep adding one more table and getting comfortable with it.

If you're talking about full ring limit O8 that is by far the easiest game to multitable -- pay the $100 and get your old computer back.