Tiger ad - thoughts?

YouTube - Tiger Woods commercial

Pretty tacky, imo. Especially for Nike, whose ads are usually excellent

If this is the "new" Tiger, I'll pass . . .

Comments

• Please let it end!

God I hope he wins the Masters by 15 strokes, throws on the green jacket and says a big FU to everyone followed with one of these.....

xpac.jpg
  • How much did Nike have to spend to get the right to use Earl Wood's voice is my question.
  • Please let it end!

God I hope he wins the Masters by 15 strokes, throws on the green jacket and says a big FU to everyone followed with one of these.....

xpac.jpg

Until this ad came out this would have been my reaction. I had thought that Woods had the mental strength, and the marketing horses, to basically lock out the tabloids on this issue. Now he is pimping his troubles, not to mention his late Father, to sell golf clubs? To sell shoes?

Grill him like a $2.00 steak, and do it at every opportunity, says I . . . Nike (with Tiger's blessing, obv.) opened the door.
  • I don't get it.

Nor do I care.

Mark
  • wow.....that was lame.

I'd like to see Tiger win, but I doubt he'll make the cut. I hope I'm wrong.
  • The men in the world are upset because women beg at his alter and the women are upset because they missed the chance.
    I think he should run for president of the USA because every good president they have had was a Philander.
    I get my jollies from his ability to play golf.
  • I'll say it right now . . .

Tiger wins by 3 strokes.
  • Funny, I heard it usually takes Tiger 5 strokes to get to the finish...
  • That may be true, Cerb, but now he has to play his own balls . . .

Assuming par at Augusta is still 72, I say Tiger shoots 71, 71, 68, 70, for a winning score of 280, or 8 under.
  • i honestly don't care at all about this stupid tiger shit. he's a golfer. possibly the best golfer ever. i watch him play golf. he's not my role model. he's not my spokesman. he's not someone i look up to outside of playing golf.

he can go and screw whoever he wants. he can abuse as many drugs as he wants. i'm sick and tired of hearing about all his "extra-curriculars". i don't give a rats ass about what he does off the course. he's a freakin' athlete. who gives a crap about what an athlete has to say about anything other than their sport? who gives a crap about what an athlete does outside of playing their sport?

if you are answering "i do" to any of these (rhetorical) questions, you probably need some serious help and guidance because athletes should not be teaching you what is proper and how to live your life.

that being said, i think the commercial isn't that bad. you have to expect him to "fix" his image in some way and at least it's not complete denial, so i'll give him props for that.

he's still a whore for nike though, obviously.
  • The thing is that, until he needed to "fix" his image, Tiger was very protective of his life away from golf. Now, miracle of miracles, even his dead Father is available . . . for a price.

So, I guess what I am saying is, you cannot suck and blow at the same time . . . which is why Tiger probably went the 3some route.

See Cerb, that's how you sink the short ones . . . ^-^
  • Golf is stupid.
  • What truely pisses me off is that all that has been on the news is this crap^^ when there was an oil spill over the Great Barrier Reef. It is sooo nice to see what people in this world view as important enough to cover as a headline news story.
  • This is all fucking stupid. I have never liked Tiger Woods. He always seemed like such a whiny bitch, and I really wish this would have just destroyed his "career" to the point where he could never play golf professionally again. That being said, who cares who he fucks. The only apologies he needs to make would be to his wife. He doesn't owe anything to anybody. Also, I hope he loses. By a lot too.
  • They should air this one instead.

YouTube - My version of the new Tiger Woods ad

*Not actually MY version*
  • Does Tiger play poker? Who cares what he does. Anybody with that kind of power is an idiot for getting married. When you are treated like a God for like forever, how can you not start behaving like one. Unless you walk in the shoes of another man, I don't think anyones opinion is really valid. My only surprise is that it took this long to leak out.
  • ^ Sure he does he plays Pok-her, isn't that what got him into trouble?
  • Angel wrote: »
    ^ Sure he does he plays Pok-her, isn't that what got him into trouble?

Award for longest time between posts? 5+ years... welcome back.. :)
  • I never really went anywhere . . .I've just always been more of a creeper :)
  • Angel wrote: »
    I never really went anywhere . . .I've just always been more of a creeper :)

Yeh but you hung with our ancient ancestors, York Poker, All Aces, Magithighs, Chugs, ScottyZ, et al... You must be one of the wise ones... :)
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    What truely pisses me off is that all that has been on the news is this crap^^ when there was an oil spill over the Great Barrier Reef. It is sooo nice to see what people in this world view as important enough to cover as a headline news story.

Preach it like the gospel sister.

man I can't believe I read this whole thread.......
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    What truely pisses me off is that all that has been on the news is this crap^^ when there was an oil spill over the Great Barrier Reef. It is sooo nice to see what people in this world view as important enough to cover as a headline news story.

Maybe it's because the spill is a (relatively) small amount of fuel oil from a cargo ship, rather than unrefined crude oil from a tanker. This spill will not be a disaster like the Exxon Valdez. It will be far easier to remediate this spill than you may think, given the type of material involved, and damage to the Reef itself will be of a short term, rather than a permanent, basis.
  • Yeh but you hung with our ancient ancestors, York Poker, All Aces, Magithighs, Chugs, ScottyZ, et al... You must be one of the wise ones...

LOL yeah some people would argue that!