google earth

Anyone else have this?

Just did the whole route from here to Myrtle Beach as the folks are going in a couple of weeks, yup good reminder it is a long drive,lol brought back some memories and to daydream of going back.

Comments

• Been using it for years. It's great, but it's too easy to waste an entire afternoon cruising the globe.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Anyone else have this?

Just did the whole route from here to Myrtle Beach as the folks are going in a couple of weeks, yup good reminder it is a long drive,lol brought back some memories and to daydream of going back.

I think most of us have been doing this for a long time. Have you tried strreet view yet? Maybe do the whole way to Myrtle that way?

And if you are a space nut, google sky?
  • Using GE to check out Las Vegas=WIN!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Using GE to check out Las Vegas=WIN!

haha done that already:wink2:
  • Google Street View is incredible. However, I'm constantly amazed at the number of little pee pot sized towns you can check out and then you look at the town next door that's bigger and it's not available. Anyhoo, I guess you can tell my little town isn't available, and the pee pot town next door is and I'm kind of pissed about this.
  • There is also a flight simulator "easter egg" in there. You can do flyovers for various cities, areas. Flying over the rocky mountains or the alps is pretty cool!

The features of it are pretty weak, but it provides a unique view.
  • I noticed on the street view the other day that there is now a 3D view? I guess you need the old school glasses to make it work.