HotDog Prop Bet with a twiggy 21 yr old

Hello Canadian Poker Forum!

I thought it may interest you to follow a HotDog eating propbet between 2 friends of mine. This first post will basically be a X-post from the original thread on 2+2. If this thread lives some of you will say "easiest propbet ever" others will say "impossible", that's what makes it pretty close imo. Keep in mind this guy is 21, and like 125lbs. Not sure if any of you guys remember who we are irl, I've been to a few Kitchener trnys with my friend Alex (zoolook on here).

Here's the original thread on 2+2: Hot dog prop bet - april 1st to 30th - Poker Beats Brags and Variance

The OP is posted below. Enjoy!
hey, a friend of mine wagered 1000 to my 1500 that he could eat 450 hotdogs in the month of april. thats 15 a day...

here is a video of us buyin the hot dogs (he is the person in middle of the first three you see, while i am on the left)
sorry for the bad quality
prop bet, hot dog Pictures, prop bet, hot dog Images, prop bet, hot dog Photos, prop bet, hot dog Videos - Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1632x1224.dsc00161dn.jpg

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1632x1224.atstore.jpg

he is going to be streaming every hot dog he eats on justintv (startin tonight at midnight)

http://www.justin.tv/br/foundinflood#r=DvGhptU~

theres already a bunch of side bets, and i encourage participation in making wagers for or against him among the community. he needs all the encouragement he could get smile.gif

anyhow, details/rules are as follows:
-colin bets 1500 to win jims 1000
-atleast 450 hot dogs must be eaten in the month of april, beginning april 1st at midnight, to april 30th at 11:59 pm
- all hot dogs must be eaten on webcam and recorded (though, any technical difficulties may result in some eaten off cam)
- 1 hot dog is considered to be the meat and bun, though he may wish to add other stuff such as ketchup
- vomitting is acceptable, but not on a regular basis (4 max)

i guess the judge of the bet will be our friend, chris

some notes to potential bettors among community
- jim has never eaten more than 3 hot dogs at once
- the 1000$ is considered ALOT for him (around half his current liferoll)
- skinny, probly weighs between 125-140
- he seems confident, and thinks he HAS to do it, even though he doesn't know how he can

anyways, good luck jim!

Spoiler:
im havin turkey for easter dinner, watcha havin?!

edit: 169th post

NUTRITION BREAKDOWN:
hot dog meat:
120 calories/weiner, 18% saturated fat.
15 hot dogs = 1800 calories a day, 270% of daily fat intake
hot dog buns:
110 calories/bun x 15 buns/day = 1650 calories/day
combined calories = 3450 calories
2000 calories is about the average intake per day for an average adult

Comments

• - skinny, probly weighs between 125-140

That picture will be effective for posterity's sake.

What are the odds on "no he won't"? I would take a piece.

I actually hope this is an April fools joke for his sake.
  • That picture will be effective for posterity's sake.

What are the odds on "no he won't"? I would take a piece.

I actually hope this is an April fools joke for his sake.
    The current odds are 3:2 that he won't do it. Since I don't know how to word that, the hotdog eater is putting up $1000 to win $1500 in the original bet.

He started at it strong at midnight Apr 1 and currently is done 11 hotdogs. Refer to the justin.tv link archives of what he's already done.
  • Also for those interested we're going live in about 15 mins. Refer to the justin.tv link in the OP
  • I ate 2 hotdogs at IKEA on Saturday and almost puked.

This is not going to end well imo.

I'll put $50 that says no chance.
  • ez money @ only 15/day
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    ez money @ only 15/day

Do we have a wager sir?
  • It's a crap bet because he can puke... but I wouldn't wanna know where they put the cameras to verify that..
  • I wanna know why I'm reading something retarded like this on the first of april <.<
  • Z beat me to it, but even if he had to be spew free for the month, he's a fucking 21 yr. old. Five meals a day, 3 dogs a meal, start a decent exercise program at the same time, and he is golden. Hell, I'm old and out of shape, but I can still do 5 dogs if I felt like it. If he loses this bet, it's because he is weak-minded. This should be very do-able.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Z beat me to it, but even if he had to be spew free for the month, he's a fucking 21 yr. old. Five meals a day, 3 dogs a meal, start a decent exercise program at the same time, and he is golden. Hell, I'm old and out of shape, but I can still do 5 dogs if I felt like it. If he loses this bet, it's because he is weak-minded. This should be very do-able.
    The challenge for Jim (the hotdog eater) will be

1) he is a lightweight. like 135 lbs is my guess.
    2) he will not exercise. there is no rule against it, but i know him well enough to know he will not exercise NEAR enough, if at all

his motivation is the money, since losing $1000 would be huge for him.
  • if puking is allowed, easy bet. hell, eat 30 in a day and just puke them up. no problem. i'd be worried if he actually keeps them all down. that can't be safe.

honestly, i don't think he'll last a week. 105 hot dogs (at 15/day), i wouldn't even be able to do that.

EDIT: i also like how you had to go to the grocery store and buy a shit load of hot dogs all at once. at least if he backs out, he'll have plenty left over to bbq.
  • trigs wrote: »
    if puking is allowed, easy bet. hell, eat 30 in a day and just puke them up. no problem. i'd be worried if he actually keeps them all down. that can't be safe.

honestly, i don't think he'll last a week. 105 hot dogs (at 15/day), i wouldn't even be able to do that.
    - vomitting is acceptable, but not on a regular basis (4 max)
    we assumed 4 pukes for the month allows us to get completely shitfaced drunk a few times without risk of the bet, along with maybe the occasional fluke. besides, his birthday is in the month as well so there will be some drinking :)
  • There is no possible way this will end well for your friend.
  • I'd be impressed if it were 15 VEGGIE dogs..those things are disgusting.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I'd be impressed if it were 15 VEGGIE dogs..those things are disgusting.

Can't possibly be worse than those god awful chicken weiners. Never put something so disgusting down my gut in my life.

As far as the bet goes, this should be an easy win for the participant. Scrawny 21yr old that desperately needs to score a win? EZ victory imo.
  • I have nightmares of those dogs with cheese inside.
  • Yummy yummy hot dogs . . . mmmmmmmmm full of all the things a scrawny college dweeb needs to grow up big and strong.

IF he gets the mental side right, it's an easy win.
  • Hey guys I'm Jim the hot dog eater. I have to eat all the hot dogs on a live stream on justintv which if you google foundinflood is the first search i believe. So if you want you can come cheer me on in my challenge.
  • not an easy bet, eating the same food 3 meals a day for weeks in a row is not easy, i did it with eggs and toast once....it messes with mind and soul.
  • darbday wrote: »
    not an easy bet, eating the same food 3 meals a day for weeks in a row is not easy, i did it with eggs and toast once....it messes with mind and soul.

And I'm sure a variety of internal organs as well I would guess. If you're really lucky it won't mess with your pants.
  • I don't see the challenge here. Three years of college I ate nothing but peanut butter and cheez whiz sandwiches. I turned out okay.

No really...I AM okay.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I don't see the challenge here. Three years of college I ate nothing but peanut butter and cheez whiz sandwiches. I turned out okay.

No really...I AM okay.

Wanna bet?

Just kidding. When I was in university, I ate loads and loads of Mr. Noodles. Every damn night I'd have those horrible little packages of goodness. I still have pangs for them every now and again.

AJ, did you know that cheez whiz is actually a clear gelatinous glop before they put the orange food colouring in it? Picture that for a while and that should cure ya of any desire for it.
  • The funny part? When I was a kid, I hated Cheez Whiz almost as much as Kraft Dinner. I was the ONLY kid that couldn't stand it that I EVER heard of.

I can now tolerate Cheez Whiz, but I still can't stomach KD. Even when my daughter cooks it up for herself, I have to leave the house, the smell makes me sick to my stomach.
  • Assuming you can eat more than 15 a day, I'd say this is a ridiculously easy challenge. Maybe if it was 600 hot dogs it'd be a little challenging since it's harder to make a big dent in such a short period.

Also for a poor motivated 21 y/o yeesh no problem.

I woulda made it a bit harder. Like 15 hot dogs and 3 jalapeno peppers a day.

Also Picking all schneiders hot dogs is not a good idea. those are too good (main brand I eat). You shoulda gotten no name/cheapest hot dogs. Way more challenging.
  • Shoulda been 450 jumbos or foot longs.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    The funny part? When I was a kid, I hated Cheez Whiz almost as much as Kraft Dinner. I was the ONLY kid that couldn't stand it that I EVER heard of.

I hated both as well, I was also never able to stomach Jello.

Next you're going to tell me you don't like ice cream and can't stand cookies...

Now that we've completely derailed this thread...which maybe wasn't that bad an idea...

My Mom used to make this Jello thing when I was a kid where she would mix in a can of mixed vegetables and put the whole thing in a mold. Thinking back it probably wouldn't be as appetizing now, but back then I wolfed it down like a dog. My brothers and I would actually fight over it.

I'm sure Kristy will need a bucket after reading that.
  • not a bucket, Jello-moulds just make me a little uneasy. There's something evil and unnatural about them.
  • Anyone else think this is a lame bet? I mean, Kristy's taken more meat in a weekend than that!