2,2$ Cashout mtt sickness

So, I've done this before and I'll probably do this again if I get the chance. Moved to the table the hand before and so not much on villain except for him limping EP and bet-folding 3/4 pot on a K high flop.

This is basically another one of those "my gut tells me to call spots" but what is he really trying to rep? And please don't bother calling me a fish for this hand or anything, I'm really right more times than I'm wrong for some reason ^^'

Edit: Out 13/550 for 4,4 dollars after 3,5 hours or so. Someone should really look over these structures

Full Tilt Poker Game #19655595251: $2 + $0.20 Cashout (149971953), Table 5 - 400/800 Ante 100 - No Limit Hold'em - 11:48:31 ET - 2010/03/29
Seat 2: vlmmaster (21,920)
Seat 3: VALTERJB (9,160)
Seat 4: crutch503 (35,509)
Seat 5: selukov87 (18,130)
Seat 6: Bookies-Cyprus (19,503)
Seat 7: TheLarrikin (61,037)
Seat 8: Joe_m1 (22,241)
Seat 9: llRichardll (13,825)
vlmmaster antes 100
VALTERJB antes 100
crutch503 antes 100
selukov87 antes 100
Bookies-Cyprus antes 100
TheLarrikin antes 100
Joe_m1 antes 100
llRichardll antes 100
llRichardll posts the small blind of 400
vlmmaster posts the big blind of 800
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to llRichardll [:9c :8h]
VALTERJB folds
crutch503 folds
selukov87 folds
Bookies-Cyprus folds
TheLarrikin folds
Joe_m1 folds
llRichardll calls 400
vlmmaster checks
*** FLOP *** [:7d :qh :8d]
llRichardll checks
vlmmaster bets 1,600
llRichardll calls 1,600
*** TURN *** [:7d :qh :8d] [:ks]
llRichardll checks
vlmmaster bets 2,400
llRichardll calls 2,400
*** RIVER *** [:7d :qh :8d :ks] [:js]
llRichardll checks
vlmmaster bets 9,600
llRichardll calls 8,925, and is all in
Uncalled bet of 675 returned to vlmmaster
*** SHOW DOWN ***
vlmmaster shows [:2c :5c] King Queen high
llRichardll shows [:9c :8h] a pair of Eights
llRichardll wins the pot (28,250) with a pair of Eights
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 28,250 | Rake 0
Board: [7d Qh 8d Ks Js]
Seat 2: vlmmaster (big blind) showed [2c 5c] and lost with King Queen high
Seat 3: VALTERJB folded before the Flop
Seat 4: crutch503 folded before the Flop
Seat 5: selukov87 folded before the Flop
Seat 6: Bookies-Cyprus folded before the Flop
Seat 7: TheLarrikin folded before the Flop
Seat 8: Joe_m1 (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 9: llRichardll (small blind) showed [9c 8h] and won (28,250) with a pair of Eights

Comments

• Nice that you were right but I would really consider this somewhat spewy. He could have absolutely anything from complete air to a monster... Do you find these calls are profitable in the long run? I am much likely to take this sort of approach in a live game where I can watch a guys mannerisms... Can't bring myself to do this online though. Guess that's why I only play micro's online.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Nice that you were right but I would really consider this somewhat spewy. He could have absolutely anything from complete air to a monster... Do you find these calls are profitable in the long run? I am much likely to take this sort of approach in a live game where I can watch a guys mannerisms... Can't bring myself to do this online though. Guess that's why I only play micro's online.

I can't agree with the range you're putting him on here. It's either gonna be like 78, Q8, Q7, QK, missed draws or air (and an agressive player would pop QK pre). With this in mind I decided to call down on the turn since he didn't seem like a very good player judging from the hand previous to this.

Edit: Throw in some thin K high fd shoves in his range too I suppose

I've dealt with players who think pots are free cause noone shows strength before them quite a bit before and either this is profitable in the long run, or I'm repressing most of my failed calldowns
  • I don't see how you can put him on any range at all unless you have significant history on him...??? You never defined your hand or his so how could you... Maybe I'm just not very good at this online thing... Live reads are just so much more informative...
  • compuease wrote: »
    I don't see how you can put him on any range at all unless you have significant history on him...??? You never defined your hand or his so how could you... Maybe I'm just not very good at this online thing... Live reads are just so much more informative...

I had one hand on him, does that count as significant history? ^^'

Seriously though, each bet defines and polarizes his range more and more...or so I see it anyway