Duties on cards?

Anyone imported/bought from US, a large enough batch of custom cards to have to deal with customs/duties??

I have tried searching but not having much luck on seeing how much duty/brokerage on 500 decks of custom cards...

Comments

• Paid it for chips, but never cards. But I have never ordered 500 decks, either.

How close are you to the border?
    Have it shipped to a P.O. box, and go pick it up.

Do you know anyone in the States?
    Have it shipped to them, and have them send it as a "present".
  • Gaming supplies are duty free by the FTA. Even 'gifts' are subject to brokerage fees however and pst/gst is payable on the value of the goods.
  • Learned something today. Thanks moose . . .
  • allow me to help out here. I am a part owner of a Customs Brokerage. Playing cards are duty free no matter how much the quantity is. HS classification is 9504.40.00.10/90
    Poker chips are also duty free HS classification is 9504.90.90.91 both are subject to GST, brokerage cost, and shipping cost.

You can find the info at this link
    http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/trade-commerce/tariff-tarif/2010/01-99/ch95-eng.pdf
  • I too am involved in Brokerage. Traders Customs Brokerage Ltd. (shameless plug)
    H/S is correct (sidebar: Playing cards used to have Excise Duty on them)
    Personal purchase should voluntarily pay PST at time of importation as well.

Your company name is?
  • HOC Global Solutions
  • moose wrote: »
    Gaming supplies are duty free by the FTA. Even 'gifts' are subject to brokerage fees however and pst/gst is payable on the value of the goods.

^^ this, except items marked "gift" are usually tax-free up to $40.

USPS packages are usually charged a brokerage of $5 flat + tax (13% in Ontario) on anything marked over about $50. I just had some cards arrive yesterday marked at $55 USD and they didn't charge me, so YMMV.

If they're shipped by UPS, their brokerage uses crazy gorilla math that can be anything up to the value of the contents. Seriously. Consider yourself warned.
    (I think they charge by the second for any time they have to wait at customs)
  • +1. UPS is the motherfucking rake, if I may paraphrase.
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    HOC Global Solutions

You work out of the airport?