American: The Bill Hicks Story

YouTube - American The Bill Hicks Story Official Trailer - redband

This is going to be awesome. One of the greatest comedians to ever live.

Comments

• Hicks was funny but, sadly, I see this movie going nowhere. The world keeps turning, and even George Carlin is forgotten as people move on with their lives . . .
  • Yeah, I'm not expecting this to be some blockbuster documentary. But Bill Hicks, like George Carlin is a huge cult icon. And while a lot of people may not give any attention to anything they've done now that they're gone, there are still a ton of people out there who do. And a good majority of their material is still as good and relevant now as it was then.
  • As is Carlin's . . . my point was that now that he (like Carlin) has faded from the public conciousness, no one will care, beyond the limits of people who were already aware of him. Pretty hard for dead folks (at least non-musicians) to attract a new audience.
  • Bill Hicks was a fucking genius. Way ahead of his time. If more people listened to him we wouldn't have ended up with this fucked up cesspool of a world.

The GREATEST comedian of all time, IMO.
  • Sorry about your world man. Too bad Hicks wasn't still around to fix it for you.
    Mine's OK. Give Jeff Foxworthy a try.
  • screenman wrote: »
    Sorry about your world man. Too bad Hicks wasn't still around to fix it for you.
    Mine's OK. Give Jeff Foxworthy a try.

I stand corrected, Bill Hicks is the second greatest comedian of all time.