Gmail invites

I know these are a dime a dozen now, but if anyone wants a gmail invite I have 6 of them. Just pm me the email address you want it sent to.

Comments

• I know these are a dime a dozen now, but if anyone wants a gmail invite I have 6 of them. Just pm me the email address you want it sent to.

lol ... well, I guess I'm short a dozen dimes (or something to that effect). Are these email addresses really worth it? Just wondering.
  • lol ... well, I guess I'm short a dozen dimes (or something to that effect). Are these email addresses really worth it? Just wondering.

I replied to the original post and was quicly sent an invitation. I had heard good things so I decided to give it a try. I've since switched everything over to gmail from my hotmail account. A couple things I like about it:

1) When you delete an email, it's not really deleted...it goes into an archive, sorta like if you use Outlook (which you can use by the way).

2) It is very easy to search for something within your inbox/archive since it is using Google search technology (not that hotmail couldn't do this, but Google definintely got it right)

3) Instead of folders, you can assign labels to your emails...I like this because I might want to put an email in two separate categories if it applies to two different things.

4) The ads are very unobtrusive (think of the paid links on the right-hand side of a google search).

5) It groups related emails into a "conversation," making it easy to remember everything that has already been said.

Well, I guess that's it. Hope this helps.
  • lol ... well, I guess I'm short a dozen dimes (or something to that effect). Are these email addresses really worth it? Just wondering.

Gmail is OK I guess. It certainly is a different way to use email. I still prefer my hosted email with Simplicato, allthough I do pay for that service.
    IMHO the hype around Gmail is much richer then the experience. But it's free and different.