The thank f!@# new season thread

Post new seasons of t.v. shows here....

Departures and Angry Planet on oln March 6th and 7th, woooooot!

Dragon's den and amazing race have already started :)
go go go

Comments

• you watch wayyy to much tv man.
  • lol hardly....................

Hi Fed:D
  • Waiting for Sunny in Philadelphia and Breaking Bad...the new neutered Fed is almost tolerable
  • This board is weird, Im not sure what you guys are talking about.
  • Okay, if a "short bus" fucker like Phill can figure it out, it HAS to be true . . .

doesn't it?
  • Looking forward to the new season of South Park which starts up next Wednesday. Unfortunately, It's Always Sunny, and Dexter don't come on until around October. At least I got Lost and HSP to get me through until then.
  • Watched the premier of a new show last night called The Bridge. Cop show filmed in Vancouver. Enjoyed it too. Think this one will be a hit.
  • I watched Brent Butt's "Hiccups" and Fred Ewanuick's "Dan For Mayor" on Monday. Both were OK, not at funny as Corner Gas though. I'll keep watching in hopes they get better. Dan for Mayor is filmed in KW, so it's pretty cool to see your town on TV!

I'm eagerly waiting for "The Pacific" to air on HBO, starting March 14. I'm not sure if HBO Canada will air it, but there's always torrent downloads!
  • Dog the bounty hunter next week:)

Besides wrestling what I have listed is just pretty much I watch, Now when NHL AND NBA playoffs start, then ya maybe too much t.v.:D
  • The Pacific is on the top of the list

Return of V and flashfoward
  • Pacific looks like it's going to be great.

Waiting for April for new season of Deadliest Catch.

High stakes poker is not as enjoyable to watch this season. Gabe needs a target for his witty comments.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Watched the premier of a new show last night called The Bridge. Cop show filmed in Vancouver. Enjoyed it too. Think this one will be a hit.

This show has the worst ads I've ever seen -- will not watch.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    This show has the worst ads I've ever seen -- will not watch.

While I might give it a try, the ads do suck. First time I saw the ad it sounded like the main character was trying to do an Al Pacino voice impression with the growl and yell. He wasn't always the strongest character when he was chief on Battlestar Galactica either.
  • which way to also back tonight on oln, add that to amazing race and undercover boss and ya guess alot of tv night,lol

Sadly it"s the one thing keeping my spirits up this weekend,lol
  • Waiting for Sons of Anarchy to start up again. And Breaking Bad.
  • I just finished watching episode 1 of "The Pacific". It lived up to my expectations!

I won't reveal any spoilers, but if you liked Band of Brothers, you will like The Pacific.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I just finished watching episode 1 of "The Pacific". It lived up to my expectations!

I won't reveal any spoilers, but if you liked Band of Brothers, you will like The Pacific.

thought it was ok... maybe it starts slow like BofB which I just finished watching last month. Maybe some of you war history buffs can clarify for me, how did Japan get involved with Germany in WWII? considering their geography.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    thought it was ok... maybe it starts slow like BofB which I just finished watching last month. Maybe some of you war history buffs can clarify for me, how did Japan get involved with Germany in WWII? considering their geography.

They didn't get involved with Germany directly. They saw an oppurtunity to fight against the US sanctions and thought they would be easy to defeat the Americans since the US was so involved in Europe at the time.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Waiting for Sons of Anarchy to start up again. And Breaking Bad.

Amazing show, I highly recommend it!
  • pokerJAH wrote: »

They had a common goal of crushing the Soviet Union, but never fought 'side-by-side' as far as I know. I believe they signed a treaty or non-aggression pact with each other also.
    I just finished watching episode 1 of "The Pacific". It lived up to my expectations!

Wait...there's spoilers for something that happened over 60 years ago?

Actually I want to see this. I'm a big WWII buff too but relating to it as 'modern warfare' gets harder and harder with the changes in battlefield technology today.

Watch Saving Private Ryan then
    We were Soldiers then
    Black Hawk Down
    They had a common goal of crushing the Soviet Union, but never fought 'side-by-side' as far as I know. I believe they signed a treaty or non-aggression pact with each other also.

This fact was much more important for Germany, as it froze a good deal of Stalin's forces in the Eastern USSR at the opening of the German invasion. It is what forced Stalin into the scorched earth strategy. It was not until Stalin was certain the Japanese were more focused on China that he began moving huge numbers of troops westward, to slow the German advance in the teeth of the Russian winter.

Wish I had HBO Canada to watch this forst time round, but I guess History Channel will have it soon enough.
  • new season of pawn stars on history channel Tuesday, wooohoooo:)

Also ice road truckers on Wed.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    new season of pawn stars on history channel Tuesday, wooohoooo:)

Sweet, I love that show! Next trip to Sin City I'll be dropping by the Pawn Shop for sure.