The new poker night live

coming soon.........................

ok ok, awesome title HAHA

I am going to try and make videos of some of the games I play as I am feeling lost on what to do lately, I am scared to do so because of possibility of some bad play, wetts and GTA might go your a disgrace to our name:-[ and blondefish might have a heart attack with a few - ev plays;)

So in before, wtf are you doing, wow that was bad, etc etc

This may not work as I am not a video pro or computer pro so nothing may come of this thread if it does not work.

I am lost with AK, AQ off in early position or out of position, I play against people who don't know what the fuck a fold button is so I am not sure if I should still be reraising or not, same with medium pocket pairs if I get reraised, don't know if I should go for it or what I usually do and fold and feel dirty for losing chips.

At least Sharantyr and wildbill won't feel so bad on their hands now:p

Comments

• bit rough video quality, even rougher commentary:p, my voice sounds so weird, mind you a bit stuffed up today,lol

I butchered every hand probably on the vid I just did, I will make another one as I wanted to see how the sound would be also(not perfect either) so not sure if I will post the vid I just did( did include hellmuth's mole in the ghey commentary):p
  • Yesterday I d/led "Cam Studio". It's a free program that records an area of your screen. I just tested it out a few seconds ago and it's ridiculously easy to do. You just set the region/area of the screen you want to record, press record, and then do whatever you want in that area. Some things like quality and resolution might be worth adjusting, but was so easy.

Another idea would be to watch someone who's killing the SnGs you're playing.

[edit: Ah you already made a video lol. ]
  • What software are you recording with Philli?? I was using Camtasia but was having a bitch of a time trying to compress it down for uploading. Gave up after awhile, but would like to post a vid myself for critical review.

I wouldn't worry about the bashing you may/may not get. Consider it all educational and take it for the benefit of having someone review your session rather than just a hand history or two.
  • yup camstudio here too, the file was way big and was going to take forever to upload, I may have to just record hands I am in and pause hands I am out to see if that works.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    yup camstudio here too, the file was way big and was going to take forever to upload, I may have to just record hands I am in and pause hands I am out to see if that works.

try creating an swf
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    try creating an swf

but I hate to argue.

It does stand for :

Soft
    Wet
    Fart!

Milton Slim
  • A lot of guys make videos afterwards, ie use a hand replayer and make a video that way. You can skip over all the boring autofold stuff and keep the video shorter.
  • actyper wrote: »
    A lot of guys make videos afterwards, ie use a hand replayer and make a video that way. You can skip over all the boring autofold stuff and keep the video shorter.

tried last night, could not get it to work
  • What hand replayer are you using?

http://www.universal-replayer.net
    What hand replayer are you using?

http://www.universal-replayer.net
    yup that was it, could not get it to import
  • to go somewhat off topic, watched this video a few days ago, it's old but I like the "they watch too much espn" comment, lol:D

YouTube - Online Poker Tournament Strategy Tips: Dani "Ansky" Stern
    yup that was it, could not get it to import

You can drag-n-drop the HH file onto the table when it's running and should autoconvert.

What site were the files from?
    You can drag-n-drop the HH file onto the table when it's running and should autoconvert.

What site were the files from?

full tilt
  • Poker Video: Misc/Other by Entity (Micro/Small Stakes) : Videos : Poker Forums at DeucesCracked.com

I followed the configurations they went through there and I recorded an hour long session at ~100mb
  • derrickone wrote: »
    Poker Video: Misc/Other by Entity (Micro/Small Stakes) : Videos : Poker Forums at DeucesCracked.com

I followed the configurations they went through there and I recorded an hour long session at ~100mb

sweet thanks for posting link. I set it up and looks good.
    try creating an swf

holy crap is that slow, I only recorded 3 hands and it is still converting,lol
  • trying to make a video, but card dead in all the games,lol
  • Phil, you might want to download Windows Media Encoder. You can then convert your avi's to wmv's which are much smaller
    Phil, you might want to download Windows Media Encoder. You can then convert your avi's to wmv's which are much smaller

ahhhhhh, may try that, it's free right, I am poor;)
  • so using Hobbes suggestion, I recorded a 45 man I was in, except it is poor quality and will prob tilt the beeeeeeep out of you guys, I was doing some comments but they keep cutting out during playback, I will play around with it tomorrow more to see if I can try and improve the quality and also figure out how to post it on here, Hobbes?

There is quite a few hands that would be good to go over (actyper);) but like I said the playback is horrible(along with some hands I played and did not play, hahahaha, I already know what some of you are going to say):p
    figure out how to post it on here, Hobbes?

Create a YouTube acct
    Create a YouTube acct

already have one, youtube won't take the format
  • got the hand replayer to work, so will record off that, back and forth of stuff working and not working, lololololol, too bad I can't explain really what I was doing since you can't see the stats for the players but meh.
  • ok, so no commentary on this one, hard to see names and chipstacks I think, near the end I had trouble with the replayer going back to the 1st hand so bear with that, I am getting use to all this so it is far from a pro doing it, I will try again with commentary cause I got some good material:p;) and some player stats too hopefully.

I have it on private viewing, so only 25 views allowed, I am trying to figure out if I can change it to public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r64D5iR6Tqw
  • Checked out a bit of your video. Everything is kinda hard to see. Didn't really have too much time earlier, so I plan on checking it out again when I can actually watch it.
    Just recorded a quick session myself, but of course I didn't configure it properly so it's being a pain in the ass. Working on editing it properly to be able to upload it. It's looking like things may be turning around for me(hopefully).
  • derrickone wrote: »
    Checked out a bit of your video. Everything is kinda hard to see. Didn't really have too much time earlier, so I plan on checking it out again when I can actually watch it.
    Just recorded a quick session myself, but of course I didn't configure it properly so it's being a pain in the ass. Working on editing it properly to be able to upload it. It's looking like things may be turning around for me(hopefully).

ya I hear ya trying to get things to work, good to hear things are going better for you, my turn now!:D
  • Don't record the entire screen philli. Just the replayer
    Don't record the entire screen philli. Just the replayer

ya I hate region,lol going to try live instead of replayer next one
  • http://vimeo.com/9797465

Well here it is. No commentary though as I don't have a mic plus I have a ridiculous cold right now so most of the audio would be me either coughing or blowing my nose.