Question Week: ReefAquarium

1. when was the last time you got laid and how would you rate it on a scale of 1-10?
2. how much is the most money you've made in a day and how did you do it?
3. do you forsee a major terrorist attack in Canada within the next year?

Comments

• Creationist or evolutionist?

Origin of name?
  • You have to give up one of the following. Which gets the axe, and why?

Booze, meat, or sex.
  • You win the lottery. Forget what would you do with the money. How do you quit your job :D
  • What is your family composition (siblings? spouse? offspring?)

How long have you been playing poker?

How did you find out about PF.ca?

Do you have a favourite pastime other than poker and if so what?
  • Hi,

My dad just had a stroke, his right half is paralyzed.

It's quite disturbing to see him in this state.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    1. when was the last time you got laid and how would you rate it on a scale of 1-10?
    Tuesday

2. how much is the most money you've made in a day and how did you do it?

I play very small stakes so I don't have big wins/losses

In one day I played 3 different games.

5/5NL $830
    2/5NL $1720
    1/2NL $730

I make the most money at work consulting.
    I have over 20 years of back-end server/networking experience. I'm lucky to have been working with UNIX type systems since 1979, so I've got a ton of experience in that field.

3. do you foresee a major terrorist attack in Canada within the next year?

Nope.

I think the terrorists are mad at US because of their foreign policy.
    Another George W Bush type president would have been great for the terrorists.

Except for our role in Afghanistan, I don't think they are mad at Canada.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Creationist or evolutionist?

Creationism makes me view religion as a mental defect.
    Origin of name?

I have a coral reef in my living room.
  • Milo wrote: »
    You have to give up one of the following. Which gets the axe, and why?

Booze, meat, or sex.

Meat:

Probably 95% of my meals are meat free. I think it's healthier to eat some meat to get B12 Vitamins and so you don't have to worry about getting whole protiens. I think we have evolved to eat much less meat than the average North American eats.

If I gave up Meat, I'd have to worry more about getting whole proteins and a source of B12.

Meat would be the first to go.

Booze:

I like to drink red wine with dinner. I also like single malt scotch. I find it interesting that people that never drink alcohol don't live as long as those who drink 2 drinks a day.

I have a very low alcohol tolerance — I feel very happy after just 2 drinks.

I could live without booze.

Sex:

I like tantric sex.

This would be the last thing I'd give up.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    You win the lottery. Forget what would you do with the money. How do you quit your job :D

I love my job.

I do something that I love doing, I'm good at it, I have great people that work for me. I have great people I work for.

I'd probably quit by working for free.
  • Shtebs wrote: »
    What is your family composition (siblings? spouse? offspring?)

I'm seperated.

I have 3 kids.
    I have 5 siblings.
    How long have you been playing poker?
    I've been playing seriously for about 5 years.
    My earliest poker memory was playing penny ante poker with my childhood friends around age 10.
    How did you find out about PF.ca?
    googled "canada poker forum"

Do you have a favourite pastime other than poker and if so what?

I like Skiiing now.

Other hobbies are Karate, scuba diving, photography, paintball, and playing guitar.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    You win the lottery. Forget what would you do with the money. How do you quit your job :D

I find it interesting that most people who win a lottery of over a million end up in a *worse* financial state than before they won the lottery.

It makes me think that winning a lottery is *bad* for your financial health.

I wonder if the same applies to big MMT winners.

Do most of them blow the first million they get?

How many of them have the bankroll skills to parlay that million into a fortune?

Here's the thing:

Most people who play $10,000 buy in tournaments don't have the bankroll to do it.

So the field consist of pro's who are deep, and people with poor bankroll skill.
  • Hi,

My dad just had a stroke, his right half is paralyzed.

It's quite disturbing to see him in this state.

Not seeing a googly eyed indication of sarcasm, I will state the following:

Go be with your Dad . . . FUCK the Q&A with us idiots, we'll wait.

Or move on to prOn . . .

Or move on to prOn . . .

+1 man

Or move on to prOn . . .

Thanks!

I'm here in the hospital, He sleeps most of the time.

I'm having trouble sleeping, Usually I never have trouble sleeping but I've only been able to do 2 hours a night, so I'm a bit of a mess.
  • Here's to hoping for recovery for your Dad Reef. Every stroke is different and in many cases full or partial recovery is possible. My Dad has had a few strokes over the last few years and for the most part has experienced partial recovery. All the best wishes.
  • +1, obv. Sounds like he was able to get to treatment fairly quickly, which is always a good thing as far as any recovery goes, but especially strokes. Good luck to your Da , and to you.
  • That's a really awful situation. In the spirit of the week, what can we do to help lift your spirits? I hear Kristy moved and she's very cold... Also, I'm fairly certain someone around here has the ability to find Fed's address to tie him to the front bumper and take him out for a snowplowing adventure.
  • Hopefully all goes well with your dad as well. Medical advances have come a long way in this area in the past few years so be optimistic... Don't worry about our stupid questions here. We can wait..... but we will still ask... :)
  • And the first question is . . .

is there anything we can do for you?

Is there anything you could use that you don't have with you?

Let us know . . . I am sure there are more than enough volunteers to help out, if we're anywhere close to you and your Dad. Good luck . . .
  • February is Heart Month - - Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario

FTW

It always takes something like this for people to make a donation including myself. The older my Dad's getting, the more organizations I am donating to. I keep telling him to cut it out, but he just looks at me and says "Who are you again?"

Alzheimer Society of Canada: for people affected by Alzheimer's disease
  • I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm using the force to ship all my run good for a speedy and full recovery!
  • I'll make an admin decision here and switch weeks with ReefAquarium so he can tend to his personal matters. I'll take the discounted week. I'm not that interesting anyway.

good luck with your Dad Reef and I'm sure we'll all be sending our good vibes his and your way!
  • Interestingly, Heart & Stroke Foundation volunteer from down the street just came to the door re: donations.

With this thread in mind I gave her $20. Hopefully more on here will do the same. Er, not specifically to my neighbour but I guess you could if you were in Kincardine. You get the idea. Drop by for a beer if you like. We're in the lil blue house down the street.
  • Thanks guys,

I'm more than a little screwed up right now.

for some strange reason, I just can't go to sleep... I've never had sleeping problems before...
  • if needed, don't hesitate to ask

Milton Slim
  • Thanks for the support I received in this thread.

This is the first time I've had someone in my immediate family die.
  • Glad to see you back.... Get back on the horse, your dad would have wanted it... Trust me.... Work at something, whatever it is, that would have made him proud... Best way to honour him...