Nigerians are now text messaging

Got this on my phone:

I want to transfer huge funds through you by making you a lottery winner. please reply if you are willing by email [email addy] or call +447......

Going to contact my service provider to be sure it's not one of those premium text messages that you get charged for.

On second thought maybe it's just fed. :D

Comments

• muahahahahah.
  • For the last three days I've been getting calls on my cel from a computerized voice (905 area code) saying that my number has won something or other and I should push some number to claim the prize. Obviously, smart not to press the number.

I've also heard of prank calls being made with computerized voices over the last few days. Something about stealing newspapers or something.

Very strange days. Fed seems blameworthy as usual. I blame him.
  • text msg spam is the worst, I don't have a text plan so I get dinged 0.15 for each one of those
  • Fed seems blameworthy as usual. I blame him.

I lol'd hard at this for some reaons billy.

Just to clarify, if anything shady or fucked occurs to ppl even IRL, its clearly my doing.. right? :bs:
  • I stubbed my toe earlier, god damn you fed.
  • actyper wrote: »
    text msg spam is the worst, I don't have a text plan so I get dinged 0.15 for each one of those

dump Bell and move to Telus; unlimited incoming texts.

I love these emails, etc. Some are actually pretty good where they replicate the website and try to get you to log into your account. I guess they make money from some suckers.
  • actyper wrote: »
    text msg spam is the worst, I don't have a text plan so I get dinged 0.15 for each one of those

If you're with Rogers, let them know that the msg was spam and they will A) not charge you for the msg and B) block further msgs from the sender.

Other carriers should have similar policies.