Smoking and Poker

why is it 99% of players at the poker clubs I frequent in the GTA are regular smokers, while 99% of people I know outside of poker don't smoke? Most nights I am at a poker table, I am the only non-smoker at the table. Something to do with addictive personalities?? thoughts.

Comments

• I was surprised to find that of the 20+ people that have attended my last 2 home games, 0 have been smokers!

Perhaps the correlation is between smoking and degenerate gambling behaviour, rather than poker. Think of slots and Bingo Halls before the anti-smoking laws came in...
  • I smoked alot of cigarettes before poker.. now i smoke maybe a pack a week (more if im drinking or at the strip club or bar) because due to my epic poker skillz, i go deep in alot of tourneys and resorted to chewing tobacco to keep me calm.

if u smoke, chew tobacco.. its cheaper, you get your fix, and its convenient because you can dip pretty much anywhere.
  • Yeah, chewing tobacco. Great idea.

mouth--lip-cancer_cr.jpg

Bet this guy is stoked.
  • ^^^ that could never happen to me.

i chew redman, the most organic, healthiest shit on earth.
  • epic_donk wrote: »
    ^^^ that could never happen to me.

i chew redman, the most organic, healthiest shit on earth.

This just goes to further prove how incredibly stupid you really are. Chewing tobacco, no matter how "organic" the ingredients still contains a shit ton of chemicals that will fuck your shit up. Hope you enjoy your cancer.
  • derrickone wrote: »
    This just goes to further prove how incredibly stupid you really are. Chewing tobacco, no matter how "organic" the ingredients still contains a shit ton of chemicals that will fuck your shit up. Hope you enjoy your cancer because we sure as hell will.

fyp :)
  • Far be it from me to stick up for the loser, but smokeless tobacco is a less lethal way of getting your nic-fit than cigarettes. You still risk cancer, etc. but the danger is not as great. Simple science.

Not that I believe for a second that Kathy "chews" . . .
  • can post epic pic or vid of me chewing american redman... chew so big i look like a chip munk.
  • While it's obviously less lethal, it's still just as dumb, if not dumber than smoking.

Of course, I'm not the least bit surprised he has something in common with these people.

YouTube - World's Angriest Dipper: Viral Video Film School
  • Played ball with a guy who never smoked a cig in his life. Called smoking disgusting and claimed he was much safer as he always had a dip in. Heard a few years ago that he had half of his jaw and face removed to stop the spread of cancer. Buried him in early January......48 years old.
  • that vid doesnt even apply to me, because those queers dip flavored crap.. while i like mint, the fruity ones simply give me heart burn. Straight is the only dip I dip regularily, but primarily i chew redman.
  • Played ball with a guy who never smoked a cig in his life. Called smoking disgusting and claimed he was much safer as he always had a dip in. Heard a few years ago that he had half of his jaw and face removed to stop the spread of cancer. Buried him in early January......48 years old.

R.I.P...

I hate hearing that.
  • epic_donk wrote: »
    that vid doesnt even apply to me, because those queers dip flavored crap.. while i like mint, the fruity ones simply give me heart burn. Straight is the only dip I dip regularily, but primarily i chew redman.

So the ONLY difference between you and the mongoloids in that video is that they chew flavoured dip?

Gotcha.
  • derrickone wrote: »
    So the ONLY difference between you and the mongoloids in that video is that they chew flavoured dip?

Gotcha.

pretty much.... they are americans pissed at obama when i dont give a fuck... and they are angry, where as I am a jolly fellow, who just gets really tilted at donks. Its the only time i get mad.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    why is it 99% of players at the poker clubs I frequent in the GTA are regular smokers, while 99% of people I know outside of poker don't smoke? Most nights I am at a poker table, I am the only non-smoker at the table. Something to do with addictive personalities?? thoughts.

I think so. It's risk vs. reward mentality too. I smoke and know the risk associated but I also weigh them against the 'reward' of enjoying a smoke. If in the future I get cancer or another smoking associated illness, I have no excuses - it was (at least partially) caused by choices I have made in life.

Smoking, drinking and gambling have been associated with each other for a long time.

"Living on the Edge" I guess.

***DISCLAIMER: I do not encourage people to smoke, drink or gamble. But I do encourage people to take risks in life as long as they are aware and accept the potential negative outcomes associated.