Mississauga area tournament, $50bi

If anyone is interested in a mississauga based NL $50 buyin tournament give me an email at chris_c_66@hotmail.com...I'm not too sure how well it will be run, the guys running it seem clueless, but the quality of players there will be a joke, with the exception of maybe 1 or 2. They are aiming for 100players (Id be surprised if they get that). They've rented out a hall and are supplying food/drinks/alcohol. It will be a fun day regardless I suppose. They are expecting about $1,500 for first, and top 5 make the money.

Shoot me an email or add me to msn for more details.

Comments

• I think I am aleady playing in this one. He posted a notice about it a month ago did he not.
  • garro wrote:
    I think I am aleady playing in this one. He posted a notice about it a month ago did he not.

I don't think so...I highly doubt he knows about this website, and I'm pretty sure he just started organizing this within the last week or so. I'll have more details tommorow when I go back home (at school writing exams at the moment)
  • It was set for the 19th, 100-man, $50 buy-in.

The organizer was Sean.

I signed up for it but haven't heard back from the guy.

I'm seriously thinking of bailing.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    It was set for the 19th, 100-man, $50 buy-in.

The organizer was Sean.

I signed up for it but haven't heard back from the guy.

I'm seriously thinking of bailing.
    That tournament was cancelled. He sent out an email... Lack of sufficient interest to book the hall, plus he had an eye injury or something and won't be able to organize it.
  • Really sorry about this guys! For some reason my longin would not work and I could not get into my hotmail to get my password!

Anyways be happy you did not recieve information about the tournament as it was poorly run. The tables were horrible (real small rectangle shapped), the players took turns dealing, and the worse part of all they did not allow side pots on an all in :confused: !

Anyways I know of a few coming up that WILL be properly run with dealers and such so I'll let you know.'

Oh and the best part of the night is when the cops show up, funny how its a small tournament and unorganized yet the cops come :redface:
  • Not to mention the really drunk "gangstas" flipping out over everything. There were almost several fights over people talking away from the table about something that has nothing to do with the game, only to have one of the drunk guys flip right out and challenge them to a fight. Really over all it was one of the most disappointing poker expierences.
  • So why would the cops come? The poker was legal unless they were taking a fee... Must have been the alcohol they were supplying... Did they bother getting a liquor licence??
  • Not sure how they heared about it, but they came in asking the owners and stuff of the hall, explained we were just playing for "points" and there was no visible cash, so the owners were told to look for any cash in play.