Openning Ceremonies

Brutal rendition of the National Anthem.

Comments

• id stick in furtados ass so fast ur head would spin.
  • epic_donk wrote: »
    id stick in furtados ass so fast ur head would spin.

premature ejaculation is no laughing matter.
  • One day I wish they would march the athletes in, say thanks for coming and good luck and that's it.
  • moose wrote: »
    One day I wish they would march the athletes in, say thanks for coming and good luck and that's it.

^^^^ +1 this.... Then light the damn cauldren and have at it...

we have serious curling to do...
  • Fake wind on the flags in an indoor stadium is ghey.
  • compuease wrote: »
    ^^^^ +1 this.... Then light the damn cauldren and have at it...

we have serious curling to do...

Vancouver 2010 opening ceremonies
    Posted on 12 February 2010

Vancouver 2010
    Today on February 12, 2010 at 6:00 pm PST opening ceremonies of Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games will begin. Vancouver 2010 opening ceremony will cost an amazing $40 million paid for in by the Canadian federal government. Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games opening ceremony will be the most expensive Winter Olympics opening ceremony ever and it’s the second most expensive opening ceremony in all Olympic history. Not only this it’s also be the first Olympic ceremony which will be held indoor. This ceremony will be held at the BC Place Stadium in Vancouver which is the America’s largest “air supported” dome. Though the ceremony have not been disclosed but according to sources the member can expect ice carved totem poles, skaters and a light show. Vancouver 2010 opening ceremonies will be broadcasted by NBC and it will be seen on Universal Sports, USA Network and CNBC and on many other channels. Today in the opening ceremony Shelley Rudman will carry the British flag. During the ceremony music video “We Are the World: 25 For Haiti” will make its debut.
  • WTF? Fake snow too? and haha 38 million and the cauldron breaks...huh? Who lit the flame?
  • Except for the "minor" malfunction, I liked it.
  • I thought it was amazing. Leave the country if you didn't like it or didn't feel proud watching it.

stp
  • I barely watched it...

Mostly because I don't think they represent the entirety of Canadian culture. And it comes off as pretentious overly-artsy tedium.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I barely watched it...

Mostly because I don't think they represent the entirety of Canadian culture. And it comes off as pretentious overly-artsy tedium.

Mark

Esp when you have to tell the audience what some of the segments represent. :)
  • I particularly enjoyed that gas-bag Brian Williams telling the TV audience how Gretz must have had a "special" torch because regular ones only have about a 10-15 minute supply of fuel. Meanwhile, he exchanged torches on the way out of BC Place, and at least once during the ride to the waterfront. Way to pay attention to those monitors Brian. Even the wife was laughing at him.

The opening ceremonies were fine. The descriptive narration for the home audience is needed because we weren't given programs. Nothing wrong with it. I also thought they did a good job of incorporating a lot of Canadian mythos/culture/iconography/whatever. Except for the one doob not rising to get sparked up, it was one of the better ones I have seen.
    Yup, I am biased, but I do not care.

GO CANADA GO.
  • most of it was fine, the clusterfuck was the malfunction hydraulics and trying to drive Wayne through the height of the bar scene in Vancouver with next to none security,lol.

Also what was that "thing" trying to sing the olympic theme......
  • stpboy wrote: »
    I thought it was amazing. Leave the country if you didn't like it or didn't feel proud watching it.

stp

well may have to change "location" on all the poker sites........
  • I actually thought it was pretty good. I had no intentions of watching it, but gf wanted to. Little long, actually lot long. But tradition stands as it stands and everyone deserves their chance to march in under their flag. Music was good. Even KD Lang... I just wish lip syncing had never been invented. Feel bad for Katrina LeMay Doan. That's unfortunate.
  • The girl who carried the turkey flag is from Barrie as they mentioned, she lives just a few streets over from me.
  • stpboy wrote: »
    I thought it was amazing.
    +1.
  • I thought it was amazing as well. It was simply Canadian. Modest and not at all a garish spectacle. As always we welcome the world with open arms! I will admit the woman singing the olympic theme was probably my least favourite part. Though I still think she had an amazing voice, I much prefer to listen to male opera singers.

It was unfortunate that the first lighting of a cauldron indoors didn't work as planned. It is too bad that Catrina didn't join one of the others to participate in the lighting. It could have been a joint effort.

I felt the pride that was emitted throughout those ceremonies, and am awed at the presentation.

Go Canada!