Guilty Pleasures

I've said it many times, but it bears repeating: my taste in music is fucked up. Disney slaves, Japanese pop (although it impressed the hell out of the guys from Japan that I knew who Utada Hikaru was), Swedish pop, generally just music that is way too upbeat for it to be any good at all. And yet, I love the stuff. Anyhow, what's your guilty please when it comes to music? Btw, props to Wetts for the idea of this thread thanks to his confessions thread.

Here's one of my terrible guilty pleasures. It's turned into our "going out to get drunk and fail at getting ass" anthem every weekend. Oh, and the fact that it's a Swedish rap song with all the sterotypical rap video concepts makes it such great fun. Enjoy!

YouTube - Basshunter feat. Patrik & Lillen - Vifta med händerna

Comments

• Stay away from my daughter, Cerb. She loves that girl . . . huge fan-girl.
  • Music guilty pleasure is death metal. I love it. Old Metallica fan. They've gone soft now sadly. When the GF leaves the house for a few hours, nothing more I love than turning the amp up to 11 and playing some grinding, crunching, crushing death metal.

TV guilty pleasures include watching Dr. Phil. Don't ask. GF and I love to watch the train wrecks on that show. But if she turns on Ellen, I'm immediately checking out pfc.ca

Radio, I'm a fan of Charles Adler. Don't share his politics, but he makes radio interesting to listen to and I enjoy the program.
  • I'm parcel to Avril Lavigne. Her records have decent guitar playing.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Stay away from my daughter, Cerb. She loves that girl . . . huge fan-girl.

haha. I'm betting we became fans for different reasons Milo. She sang the theme song for Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II, which are both in my top ten of favourite video games ever. The Japanese versions were even more awesome than the English versions. Not a fan of the rest of her stuff that's in English though; just the Japanese songs, including a wicked cover of Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
  • Kingdom Hearts is where it started, but daughter is a big Animé fan. She likes the Japanese stuff, and can actually sing some of them, in Japanese. She has no idea what it means, but she loves the songs.
  • lady gaga for sure.
  • I raise you with Hideki Naganuma from years ago Jet Grind/Set Radio fame.

YouTube - Jet Set Radio OST - Rock It On
  • I see your whatever the hell that was and raise you this awesome tribute to the 80's by Aqua!

YouTube - Aqua - Back To The 80's [HQ]
  • 5678's I'm Blue

I blame Quentin Tarantino.
  • Fine. Then I'll blame Kathy . . .