How is there no Superbowl thread?

Am I just blind or is there no thread talking about the Superbowl.

After watching the first quarter last night I was thinking the Saints didn't stand a chance, but they really brought it the rest of the game and that onside kick was probably the turning point of the game. Quite the upset though. Anyone make any bets?

Comments

• Yeah I thought the saints were out of it too after the 1st. TSN turning point Saints get stuffed inside the 5 4 times, Colts get the ball back and go 3 and out, Saints get it back and get the FG before the half 10-6.
    Start of the 3rd quarter wow, who woulda thought they would pull that off.
  • Terrific game.

I'm still shocked Manning gave up that easy pick.

The Saints actions speak for themselves. There must be a great party going on in NO right now....
  • I made $10 against a buddy that the Saints would win outright. Sent him a text after that interception of "cash only. I know you better than to accept a check or credit card." His response "I can't figure out the emoticon way to flip you off or I would"

Anyone else figure this party is going to undo all the repairs from Katrina and then some?
  • I can beat that, Cerb. My brother-in-law bet me a fin that Tiger's comeback will outdraw the Superbowl for TV ratings. I already have the $$$ in hand. :)
  • I lost $120...I have to buy a kitten.
  • For some reason I only decided to put $50 on the Saints. Meh no balls.
  • As I lifelong Saints fan I was trying to be an optimist going into the Superbowl but with all those years of crap and going against the Colts I had my doubts that they could pull it off. The first quarter did nothing to allay my fears but the rest of the game, damn! That was just so damn exciting. If money were no object I would have been on the first flight out to Nawlins and hitting Bourbon street. They're probably still going strong as I type this.
  • Just an FYI, put your money on the Devils winning the Stanley Cup. Not a huge longshot, I know, but so far my other two teams have won their respective championships. (Montreal Alouettes and New Orleans Saints). Still overwhelmed by the Saints win, honestly wasn't sure I'd ever see the day. So you heard it here first, New Jersey Devils = Stanley Cup Champs... again!!
  • schabs wrote: »
    TSN turning point Saints get stuffed inside the 5 4 times, Colts get the ball back and go 3 and out, Saints get it back and get the FG before the half 10-6.

Soooo this.

They made a huge defensive stand and then turned pussy by not trying to take it down the field. When you have a team down you have to step on their throat, I thought pro sports teams knew that by now.
  • I won 250$ and donated it to the haiti fund, after I bought a case of stella artois and 2 tins of skoal

Great game, I really enjoyed watching it this year.
  • epic_donk wrote: »
    I won 250$ and donated it to the haiti fund, after I bought a case of stella artois and 2 tins of skoal

Great game, I really enjoyed watching it this year.

Allow me to translate:

I spent my allowance on a 6-pack of Blue, and some frozen pizza. I burned the pizza, but ate it anyway, cuz Mom said there were people worse off than me in Haiti. I'm not sure where that is, but the pizza wasn't too bad once Mommy scraped the crust for me.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Allow me to translate:

I spent my allowance on a 6-pack of Blue, and some frozen pizza. I burned the pizza, but ate it anyway, cuz Mom said there were people worse off than me in Haiti. I'm not sure where that is, but the pizza wasn't too bad once Mommy scraped the crust for me.

Allow me to translate:

I spent my money on the saints and won 125 bucks off 2 friends. Immediate impulse was to spend it on a hummer from a stripper, but after further thought, donated it to a better cause. I did have pizza ironicly enough, but it was from twice the deal. I prayed to my deceased mother during the game and she made my pizza taste great so there was no need to scrape burnt, frozen pizza.
  • i lost money FML
  • Walleye wrote: »
    i lost money FML
    at least you have your credibility....
  • compuease wrote: »
    at least you have your credibility....

That's definitely not what I would have figured for a nickname for Kristy...