Where to stay, what to see in LA?

Just booked a cruise for the family leaving out of LA and have a couple of days before and after to kill. Any suggestions for this Cali/Cruise virgin?

Comments

• So Cal has sooooooo many theme parks within an hour drive of LA. Depending on the age and thrill seeking level will depend on the park. I'm partial to Disneyland myself. If you want monster roller coasters go to Six Flags Magic Mountain (X2 gave me chest pains). Universal Studios, Sea World and San Diego Zoo are all awesome but much more relaxed pace. Suprisingly, Legoland in Carlsbad (about halfway between LA and San Diego) was friggin awesome. They've used over 10 million pieces of Lego to build so much cool stuff. Plus, the Knight's Journey ride is ridiculously fun.

I've heard there's some beaches around there too, but fuck that, roller coasters are way more fun.
  • MarcoGD wrote: »
    Just booked a cruise for the family leaving out of LA and have a couple of days before and after to kill. Any suggestions for this Cali/Cruise virgin?

You could teach your kids first aid: ride the bus, wait for inevitable driver stabbing and then bond over the deadly bleed or demonstrating correct CPR technique!
  • -Run around shouting "Rodney King!!!"
    -Loot something
    -Visit the old subway lines and teach your children about the early auto industry corruption
    -Show your kids what American 'brown people' look like and enjoy some delicious tacos!
    -Walk around asking strangers..."Ahhhnold, really?"
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    So Cal has sooooooo many theme parks within an hour drive of LA. Depending on the age and thrill seeking level will depend on the park. I'm partial to Disneyland myself. If you want monster roller coasters go to Six Flags Magic Mountain (X2 gave me chest pains). Universal Studios, Sea World and San Diego Zoo are all awesome but much more relaxed pace. Suprisingly, Legoland in Carlsbad (about halfway between LA and San Diego) was friggin awesome. They've used over 10 million pieces of Lego to build so much cool stuff. Plus, the Knight's Journey ride is ridiculously fun.

I've heard there's some beaches around there too, but fuck that, roller coasters are way more fun.

Thanks. My son will get a kick out of Legoland.
    Kristy_Sea wrote: »

If Bob Barker was still doing the show, I'd have to agree with you.
  • MarcoGD wrote: »
    If Bob Barker was still doing the show, I'd have to agree with you.

Solid point, hope you guys have an awesome time!