WSOP Satellite - Anyone?

Hi, I had this sent to me, maybe worth a drive to Ottawa?
Anyone else up for it? No affiliation, no endorsement etc.

Red

Hey all,

Well the time is finally here. The OPT and www.pokerpoker.ca are very happy to announce the first in a series of 8 World Series Of Poker Satellite events.

The first event is to the June 22nd $1500 no rebuy WSOP tourney in Las Vegas were you will get to test your skills against the worlds best. This satellite will send 2 players to Vegas with 8 nights accommodations, return airfare, car rental and entry fee into the $1500 event. Oh yes and of course our own OPT Bracelet

Details:

Date: Friday December 17th 2004
Place: Queenswood heights community center Orleans. Directions http://www.canadapokerclub.com/map.html
Start time: 8:00 PM
Arrival time: 7:00 (130 players max)
Cost: $100.00 * (gets you 2500 chips, pop and munchies)
Type: No limit Texas Holdem Freeze out (no Rebuys)
Pay outs: Top 2 win trip to Vegas and entry into the $1500 WSOP event** Will pay out up to top 15 depending on turn out.
Blinds: Blinds will increase by 1000 after this chart ends.

Sm blind Big Blind Time
10 20 30 Minutes
20 40 30 Minutes
40 80 30 Minutes
Break 10 Minutes
50 100 20 Minutes
70 140 20 Minutes
100 200 20 Minutes
Break 10 Minutes
200 400 20 Minutes
300 600 20 Minutes
400 800 20 Minutes
Break 10 Minutes
600 1200 20 Minutes
800 1600 20 Minutes
1000 2000 20 Minutes
Break 10 Minutes
1500 3000 30 Minutes
2000 4000 30 Minutes
2500 5000 30 Minutes
3000 6000 30 Minutes

As always there is no house rake of any kind for this event. Soft drinks ($100), munchies($40), Costs of the room($130), Gold and silver winners bracelets ($65) and cards($30-$50) depending on amount needed) will be deducted from the prize pool. Usually about $450 again depending on turn out..

** Here are the details:

We will pay out first and second place with the trip to the WSOP Minimum.(if 1st place % works out to be worth more than the value of the trip the winner will get the difference in a cash pay out.Same applies to second place etc.

The first and second place finishers at this event we receive the following:

-One round trip air ticket to Las Vegas departing Ottawa Tuesday June 21st (Value $1050 cad)
Returning Wednesday June 29th
-One entry fee into the World Series of Poker $1500 buy in Tourney. (Value $1500 US)
-Eight nights shared accommodations with the other winner (Value $ included in cost of airfare) ( currently would be MGM or New York New York)
-One shared car rental (pending rental requirements) for the weekend. (Value $100)
-Total trip Value per person is $3000 cad.
** will pay out more in cash if the prize pool allows it.

Here is an example of the pay outs if we were to be at the full 130 players.

130 players x $100 = $13000 in the prize pool. $13,000 - $450 in costs leaves $12550

1st: 30% $3765 ($3000 for the trip and $765 paid cash)
2nd: - $ 3000 (Trip paid)
3rd: 12% $1506 Cash
4th: 8% $1004 Cash
5th: 6% $768
6th: 5% $627
7th: 4% $502
8th: 3% $376
9th: 2% $251
10th: 2% $251
11-15th will receive $100 each.

Total prize pool $12550

Again this is just an example of what the payouts will look like IF we are sold out!!!

Here are some of the conditions:

1. To award these prizes we MUST have $6450 in the prize pool for the event. ($3000 x 2 prizes plus our costs of about $450)

2. If there is not enough in the prize pool we will either have to just send 1 person or cancel the trip completely or pay out cash prizes instead. Another option is we could increase the buy in to cover the costs.

3. Neither Ottawa Poker tour or www.pokerpoker.ca. is not responsible for any sickness, injuries, loss of possessions or loss of life at anytime before, during or after taking possession of any prize.

4. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, prizes are non-transferable. You must be at least 21 years of age to play(must be 21 on or before the 22nd of June 2005). ( we are currently working on allowing you to be able to sell or transfer the prize. A to allow the many people under 21 who wish to play and B to let people who can't make the trip still be able to play. We will post more info here in the next day or so on this topic and give you a final verdict on it).

5. We have already secured 2 spots at the WSOP, the accommodations and car rental. The Airfare will be purchased on Saturday December 18th as soon as we know the two names of the winners. The only problem with this is that the price of airfare may go up between now and the 18th. We have done our best to account for this in the price allotment for the trip.

6. By entering the event, entrants consent to the use of their names and or photographs, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by Ottawa Poker tour or www.pokerpoker.ca.

7. Table break down, full pay out structure for non trip winners and other tournament rules and regulations will be posted on www.pokerpoker.ca shortly.

8. Any decision made by Ottawa Poker tour or www.pokerpoker.ca. in respect to this contest shall be final. Should circumstances beyond Ottawa Poker tour or www.pokerpoker.ca. control force cancellation of the event; this contest automatically ends with no compensation of any kind other than your entry fees being refunded. Ottawa Poker tour or www.pokerpoker.ca. assumes no responsibility for any delays or cancellation of this event.

If you have any questions or see anything that I might of missed please let us know ASAP.

To register for this event you must email me with your name. I will reply back to you and you will then need to print out that response and bring it with you to the event on the 17th. The reason for this is to avoid having more people than we can hold in the room and it will guarantee your spot in the event. If for what ever reason you can not make the event once you have signed up. Please email me and let me know. As I suspect there may be a waiting list.

Comments

• I would possibly consider going if someone else from waterloo wanted to drive, sounds fun.

stp
  • Very interesting. I have thought about organizing something similar myself. Would there be interest in the more SW areas of ON?

As you know I am in London.
  • sweetjimmi wrote:
    Would there be interest in the more SW areas of ON?
    QUOTE]

Count on it.