FTP Gets Rid of Short Stacks

FTP just increased the min buy-in from 20bb to 35bb which pretty much eliminates short-stacking strategies. Good for FTP.

Comments

• damn it this suxs.

buying in with min FTW.
  • Honestly, I don't see why the big fuss and everyone crying for, you just have to adapt to them a lil different strategy wise, mind you I don't play cash games on a regular business and I do see some points you all have, but I don't think it is a big of a deal IMO.

(for the record, I always bought in for the maximum if I do dabble in them)
  • 35bb is still too low. It should be at least 50bb. Hate short stackers.
  • sounds like some of you guys that buy in at max, dont like getting prawned by the short stack strategizers ;)
  • meh, short stackers dont bother me as most of them have no clue how to play shortstack poker profitablly.

Guess my next tilting session won't be on FTP. ;)
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    meh, short stackers dont bother me as most of them have no clue how to play shortstack poker profitablly.

your max vs my short stack, anytime hobbes ;)
  • derrickone wrote: »
    35bb is still too low. It should be at least 50bb. Hate short stackers.

True, but most profitable short stackers are leaving the games once they hit 40bb and very few of them are playing since the change. Playing a 35bb strategy effectively is much more difficult than playing a 20bb strategy. I don't think pushbot poker is still profitable at 35bb due to risk-reward. I assume they all went to other sites.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    meh, short stackers dont bother me as most of them have no clue how to play shortstack poker profitablly.

That's not true at all online. Many players make a good living playing the standard 20bb strategy.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't see why the big fuss and everyone crying for, you just have to adapt to them a lil different strategy wise, mind you I don't play cash games on a regular business and I do see some points you all have, but I don't think it is a big of a deal IMO.

(for the record, I always bought in for the maximum if I do dabble in them)

Well, you can't play proper deep stack poker if you are 150-200bb deep and someone is 20bb deep. So it is nice that it has been changed somewhat by FTP.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    FTP just increased the min buy-in from 20bb to 35bb which pretty much eliminates short-stacking strategies. Good for FTP.

They've added the new "Shallow" tables.
    I'd rather play deep stack but...

Some of the most fishy tables are the shallow tables...
  • They've added the new "Shallow" tables.
    I'd rather play deep stack but...

Some of the most fishy tables are the shallow tables...

Likely, if all the shortstackers are sitting at 20-40bb trying to use their previous strategies which don't work without full stacks at the table.
  • epic_donk wrote: »
    your max vs my short stack, anytime hobbes ;)

bwahahahaha! Please, make sure to post the place and time so we can all watch the hilarity of you getting your ass kicked.
  • The problem with short stacks is that the online sites have fostered an eviroment that has allowed them to flourish with rakeback and vip programs that reward them so heavily.
    epic_donk wrote: »
    sounds like some of you guys that buy in at max, dont like getting prawned by the short stack strategizers ;)

you cant "prawn" someone as a shortstacker. by playing as a shortstacker you implicitly recognize a lack of skill. theres nothing morally wrong with being a shortstacker, and theres nothing wrong with taking advantage of an unfortunate loophole allowed by the online sites. but dont put on airs. the parasite has to live too, but nobody is gonna recognize the fly on the elephant as equals.
  • PokerKai wrote: »
    The problem with short stacks is that the online sites have fostered an eviroment that has allowed them to flourish with rakeback and vip programs that reward them so heavily.

you cant "prawn" someone as a shortstacker. by playing as a shortstacker you implicitly recognize a lack of skill. theres nothing morally wrong with being a shortstacker, and theres nothing wrong with taking advantage of an unfortunate loophole allowed by the online sites. but dont put on airs. the parasite has to live too, but nobody is gonna recognize the fly on the elephant as equals.

Agreed,

Sites *love* short stackers.

They make more money from someone short stacking 18 tables than someone full stacking 9.
  • being a losing player as a shortstacker means that you basically cannot read a chart and shove when it says to do so -- gg epic_donk
  • PokerKai wrote: »
    The problem with short stacks is that the online sites have fostered an eviroment that has allowed them to flourish with rakeback and vip programs that reward them so heavily.

Great post, A+ imo!
  • short stacking 10 tables > full stacking 5. trust me, ive worked it out...

im a short stack strategizer and thats the way it is.. double up at a table and close it.

works wonders.
  • bzzzzz . . . bzzzzzzzzzzz . . . bzzz . . .

you guys hear somethin'?