NBC late night thingy

Thoughts on all this crap?

Must be nice to have 33 million thrown at you to go away, I want to be Conan:D

At least he gave some of his $$$ to all his staff for more severance

Comments

• Good for Coco, but Stewart and Colbert are much funnier than any of the "Big 3" hosts. Hell, Craig Ferguson is funnier . . .
  • Obv nobody here really cares or a thread would have started a long time ago.

Truthiness is that the late night ratings are all up because everyone wants to hear how bad NBC and Leno get slammed by all the other late night personalities. Good ratings move CBS!
  • Obv nobody here really cares or a thread would have started a long time ago.

Truthiness is that the late night ratings are all up because everyone wants to hear how bad NBC and Leno get slammed by all the other late night personalities. Good ratings move CBS!

good day in Waterloo is it, this has only been going on for a short time, and the decision came today.

So take your bullshit somewhere else
  • philliivey wrote: »
    good day in Waterloo is it, this has only been going on for a short time, and the decision came today.

I think he was just referring to it being on for the last week or so as far as when it started and how no one had started a thread yet. Pretty sure it wasn't a shot.

I honestly haven't watched the Tonight Show once since Conan took over. I like him as the 2nd hour of late night. Wasn't sure about how he'd do as the go to guy. Looks like not too well.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    I think he was just referring to it being on for the last week or so as far as when it started and how no one had started a thread yet. Pretty sure it wasn't a shot.

I honestly haven't watched the Tonight Show once since Conan took over. I like him as the 2nd hour of late night. Wasn't sure about how he'd do as the go to guy. Looks like not too well.

LOL, lost me in 1st line, that was my post:D.

As for 2nd Conan is not as good as Jay, I liked Jay on earlier so I could watch more, but meh as long as he is still around.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Good for Coco, but Stewart and Colbert are much funnier than any of the "Big 3" hosts. Hell, Craig Ferguson is funnier . . .

Sooooo this.

I predict Conan takes to Fox and cleans up. Also I think NBC would be better off bringing back Johnny Carson rather than Leno. Should change his name to Lamo.
  • Sooooo this.

I predict Conan takes to Fox and cleans up. Also I think NBC would be better off bringing back Johnny Carson rather than Leno. Should change his name to Lamo.

I lol'd. Is that bad?
  • I was being srs biz Hobbes.

Dead Johnny > live Jay imo.
  • I think it's bullshit what they're doing to Conan. Jay Leno hasn't been funny or relevant in years. The only good thing that's come of this has been seeing Conan tear apart NBC all week.
  • I was being srs biz Hobbes.

Dead Johnny > live Jay imo.

That's why i lol'd.
    Have another bonbon princess. ;)
  • derrickone wrote: »
    I think it's bullshit what they're doing to Conan. Jay Leno hasn't been funny or relevant in years. The only good thing that's come of this has been seeing Conan tear apart NBC all week.

I agree that Conan is getting the shaft, but it's not about who's funnier than who, it's about the fact that Leno's 10pm was a bomb, and TTS under Conan is #2 to Letterman.

The execs at NBC want Leno back at 11:30, regardless of what show he hosts, so they can make more money.
  • philliivey wrote: »

I didn't mean to come across as a crank, I was just stating that it seems like people have heard enough of it and aren't really interested in re-hashing all of the details, otherwise someone would have created a thread like 2 weeks ago.

None of us get to see any of the $45 million do we? nah. I'm too old to stay up and watch the endless parade of celebutards pump movies anyway.

Colbert is on my PVR - dude is the bomb.
  • I didn't mean to come across as a crank, I was just stating that it seems like people have heard enough of it and aren't really interested in re-hashing all of the details, otherwise someone would have created a thread like 2 weeks ago.

None of us get to see any of the $45 million do we? nah. I'm too old to stay up and watch the endless parade of celebutards pump movies anyway.

Colbert is on my PVR - dude is the bomb.

no probs, I am sure we made Kristy happy;)
  • ^^^^That's my Facebook profile pic right now!
  • What is this "late show" nonsense?? People still watch television? coool....that is so retro... ;)
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    ^^^^That's my Facebook profile pic right now!

LOL:laugh:
  • Im really curious to see the response (and ratings) for Leno's return to 1130.
  • Last night's Conan show was hilarious. He seems to have pulled all his favours and got the big guns to do his show the last week. Robin Williams dancing and giving the finger to NBC last night had me ROLMFAO. Tonight is Tom Hanks who gave him the Coco nickname. The NBC censor had a quick trigger finger last night. I guess they suspected such antics. Lol they censored the word horse, because I guess they thought he was going to say whore or something.

YouTube - Robin Williams Gets Wild On Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien Part 2
  • moose wrote: »
    Last night's Conan show was hilarious. He seems to have pulled all his favours and got the big guns to do his show the last week. Robin Williams dancing and giving the finger to NBC last night had me ROLMFAO. Tonight is Tom Hanks who gave him the Coco nickname. The NBC censor had a quick trigger finger last night. I guess they suspected such antics. Lol they censored the word horse, because I guess they though he was going to say whore or something.

YouTube - Robin Williams Gets Wild On Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien Part 2

This entire week has been gold. Norm MacDonald was a definite highlight for me though. As sad as it is, I can't wait to see tonight's episode. Can't even begin to imagine what he's gonna do. When Leno get's back to hosting The Tonight Show they're going to lose so many guests. Conan has so many friends in the business and just people backing him in general who will hopefully refuse to go on the show.
  • I think the best thing they could do would be a whole new branding of the Tonight Show. My suggestion for a new name to attract viewers would be Law and Order : 30 Rock the Office.

Their only hope imo.
  • I can't even watch these shows anymore. Any of 'em. They just aren't funny or interesting. I used to watch Letterman years ago when he was actually funny (he's obviously lost that now). In fact I was watching Letterman when he had a daytime show and they figured out that none of the audience could understand his humour and he got moved to late night.
  • I used to watch Letterman years ago when he was actually funny (he's obviously lost that now).

Dave is seriously unfunny now and he's had a rough year. His interviews used to be the best, but now he comes off pretty creepy.

Why doesn't he retire and give The Late Show to Conan? I'm sure CBS (and New York City) would love to have him.
  • conan.jpg

Tonights show was fantastic. Perfect way to go out. I feel sorry for anyone who missed this.
  • derrickone wrote: »
    Tonights show was fantastic. Perfect way to go out. I feel sorry for anyone who missed this.

Nobody has ever missed anything on tv imo..

THIS

+

THIS

=

Conan's last show.
  • Very classy exit.
  • What the hell is Mr. Miyagi doing in an alley? And how fucking old is Ralph Maachio now? WTF?