Brock is BACK

After avoiding what would have been career-ending surgery, UFC HW Champ Brock Lesnar has returned to training. Lesnar lost over 40 lbs due to illness while laid up. His first opponent will be either the winner of the Carwin/Mir fight, or the winner of the Velasquez/ Nogiuera contest.

Comments

• Time to replenish those steroids.
  • Time to replenish those steroids.

+1....

yawn, he'll be a nobody again once fedor comes around...
  • Nobody? Brock's fanbase is about 50x the size of Fedor's.
  • Brock v. Fedor is very unlikely to occur, due to Fedor's management (**cough - Russian mob - cough**). Having said that, if it ever does happen, I will gladly drive to wherever you want to watch the fight, fed, and bet all the $$$ you have on you that Brock wins. Minimum bet $100.00.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Brock v. Fedor is very unlikely to occur, due to Fedor's management (**cough - Russian mob - cough**). Having said that, if it ever does happen, I will gladly drive to wherever you want to watch the fight, fed, and bet all the $$$ you have on you that Brock wins. Minimum bet $100.00.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hahhahaah.

That is the most absurd statement Ive ever heard.
    Brock v. Fedor is very unlikely to occur, due to Fedor's management (**cough - Russian mob - cough**). Having said that, if it ever does happen, I will gladly drive to wherever you want to watch the fight, fed, and bet all the $$$ you have on you that Brock wins. Minimum bet $100.00.

I don't know too much about UFC but how come you think Brock would beat Fedor?

(Most people I've talked to think Fedor would beat Lesnar if they ever fought)
  • Fedor will never be in UFC
    especially after that last BS they tried to pull with the shared exposure agreement

Carwin vs Brock would be the best fight imo
    Nogeura would get his ass kicked he barely slipped past Couture
  • The reason I think Lesnar wins are as follows:

Lesnar's wrestling prowess will allow him to dictate the location of the fight. Fedor will not be able to take Brock down easily, if at all. Lesnar's takedown defence is the best in the Heavyweight division.

Lesnar's size/strength is like nothing Fedor has fought against in the last three years. Brett Rogers comes the closest to Lesnar in size for recent opponents. He made a rookie mistake and lost to Fedor, but he was giving Fedor quite a run up until that point. Lesnar is bigger, quicker, and stronger than Rogers. Fedor will struggle with that, especially coming into the fight at about a 50-60 lb. weight disadvantage.

Lesnar's learning curve has been steep. In the fight against Mir, he showed some rudimentary transition moves that, if he continues to improve on them, could see him add submissions to his already formidable ground strikes. Fedor would not last long with those massive arms around his neck. Granted Fedor's submission defence is probably sufficient to prevent this, but you don't win on defence in the MMA world.

Age is on Lesnar's side. As there is no way this fight happens in the next 3 years, Fedor will be pushing 40 by the time it does come about. Not everyone is Randy Couture.

I just see Brock as being too big, too strong, and too quick for Fedor to be able to deal effectively with him. It would probably go to a decision, but when was the last time Fedor went deep into a fight? The longer it goes, the more I like Brock's chances.

For the record, I think Carwin would beat Fedor for the same reasons.
  • Milo, I like alot of things that you say, but you are simply un informed of the greatness of Fedor.

You truly are.

hes 31-1 and his only loss was a bullshit cut from an illegal strike.

Im removing myself from this thread, as it puts me on tilt.
  • So, that's a no?

I know plenty about Fedor, having seen all his fights, and a lot of his Sambo tourney bouts, as well. He is a great fighter. However, much like Couture, he is on the downside of an incredible career. The Rogers fight was only his second against a credible opponent in the last three years, Arlovski being the other. Both fighters were doing fine against Fedor until making dumb mistakes. Arlovski was winning the round until he got too cocky, and it cost him the fight.

Having said that, I will bow to your superior knowledge of MMA. You have probably trained with the Gracies while not pwning the high stakes internet games like you do. Hell, as awesome as you are, you probably pwn the game while rolling in the cage. sorry you are leaving the thread, as I was loking forward to the education. *sigh*

Back to waiting for more questions, I guess.
  • epic_donk wrote: »

Im removing myself from this thread, as it puts me on tilt.

Have we truly found the Holy Grail?

128343688002656250hallelujahpra.jpg
    So, that's a no?

I know plenty about Fedor, having seen all his fights, and a lot of his Sambo tourney bouts, as well. He is a great fighter. However, much like Couture, he is on the downside of an incredible career. The Rogers fight was his only his second against a credible opponent in the last three years, Arlovski being the other. Both fighter were doing fine against Fedor until making dumb mistakes. Arlovski was winning the round until he got too cocky, and it cost him the fight.

Having said that, I will bow to your superior knowledge of MMA. You have probably trained with the Gracies while not pwning the high stakes internet games like you do. Hell, as awesome as you are, you probably pwn the game while rolling in the cage. sorry you are leaving the thread, as I was loking forward to the education. *sigh*

Back to waiting for more questions, I guess.

I do Milo, I prawn donkeys from my back in the ring. Im professional card shark and MMA fighter.. AT THE SAME TIME. :D

I cant tell if you are serious with your analysis or are being a donk in evaluating MMA in order to tilt me...

Fedor is one of the most technical fighters ever, hes what you would call a general of the contest, like ali or tyson, he is in control of every min of the fight, lesnar is physically tallented, hes not a master martial arts. He would try and wrestle fedor, but would get arm barred.
  • I have copyrighted the phrase "Lesnar is better than Fedor" and will begin mass marketing it as donkey repellant.
  • Damn!

Too good to be true.
    I do Milo, I prawn donkeys from my back in the ring. Im professional card shark and MMA fighter.. AT THE SAME TIME. :D

I cant tell if you are serious with your analysis or are being a donk in evaluating MMA in order to tilt me...

Fedor is one of the most technical fighters ever, hes what you would call a general of the contest, like ali or tyson, he is in control of every min of the fight, lesnar is physically tallented, hes not a master martial arts. He would try and wrestle fedor, but would get arm barred.

Oh, I am quite serious. Yes, Fedor is a ring general, as you put it. But no, Fedor would not easily arm-bar Lesnar if Brock tried to wrestle him. Mir is a BJJ Black Belt, and Lesnar completely overwhelmed him, giving ample demonstration of what size, strength, and superior wrestling can do as far as neutralizing a BJJ practitioner. Granted Fedor is better than Mir, but my point remains: Fedor would not easily control Lesnar.
  • But Mir also grabbed ahold of Brock's big toe, twisted it for a tapout :)

Also Fedor could have very well lost to Matt Linland as well if he didn't grab the ropes.

Bottom line is I don't know who would win, but would love to see this fight.
  • actyper wrote: »
    But Mir also grabbed ahold of Brock's big toe, twisted it for a tapout :)

Also Fedor could have very well lost to Matt Linland as well if he didn't grab the ropes.

Bottom line is I don't know who would win, but would love to see this fight.

Aaah . . . the dreaded toe-twisty. You do know that, under the unified rules of MMA, the Toe-Twisty (or Twister, as it is more commonly known) has been outlawed.
  • Being a very avid mma handicapper, I suspect a Fedor versus Brock (pre health problems) would have been a very even line... something along the lines of Fedor -130 Brock Even neighborhood.

Brocks sheer size, incredible athleticism and thunderous punching power pose very serious problems to a smaller Fedor. While Fedor has a clear edge in the standup from a technical standpoint, but he has shown in his recent fights a propensity to get tagged. Arlovski and Rogers both landed on him somewhat easily and neither posess the power of a Brock Lesnar.
  • If you're talking about punching power Rogers > Lesnar. Lesnar hasn't shown any striking skills and his technique isn't there at all. He's got power behind his hands but not knockout power. Rogers would more likely knock out Fedor than Lesnar on their feet. Lesnar could tko him or anybody else with a gnp though.
  • except for the fact that Herring is a joke.
  • Punch didn't even hurt Herring, more of a push punch.
    except for the fact that Herring is a joke.

Tells me all I need to know . . .
  • Hey, if I had Brock's money, I could afford US Healthcare, too. No surprises.