Things to do in Vegas (in a group).

Other than the obvious!!!

Like I mentioned in my thread asking about Detroit Flights I am heading down there in March for a Bachelor party (my bachelor party specifically).

What started as a small group of lads going to Vegas has blossomed into a fairly large group of people who were all apparently chomping at the bit for any excuse to get down to sin city.

Things have come together well, we have great rates at the 4 queens, plus a comped suite to act as home base. We have a private tourney scheduled at Binions on the Friday afternoon.

Other than that though, what sorts of things are there for groups of guys to get up to?

What are some favorite spots of the folks on this forum?

Thanks,

Comments

• Well Dinobot, I have only been twice so I don't have any favourites picked yet. I just thought I'd say congrats on getting hitched up!
  • I appreciate that, thank you.

I think I knew I was stretching on a poker forum. On all my past trips all I did was play, and I'm actually staying two days extra on this trip to play.
  • dinobot wrote: »

Other than that though, what sorts of things are there for groups of guys to get up to?

What are some favorite spots of the folks on this forum?

I assume the obivious ideas are shopping, seeing a show, exploring the Strip and of course degen gamboooling
    -If you'll are completely nuts, go on the rides at the top of the Stratosphere. If not, just watch the nutjobs on the rides.
    -Hit the ridiculously huge souvenir store, just south of Stratosphere.
    - Find the place that lets you shoot machine guns and other larger rifles. (We wanted to do this, but ran out of time)
    -
  • Last time we were down, we were told the ride on the stratosphere was shut down? My impression was permanently, but I could be wrong. If you're so inclined the Star Trek ride is pretty cool. Once.

Yep, that souvenir store is great. Only place in Vegas where you can buy a toque when it's 40 degrees C outside.

I think you have to leave town to do the shooting thing...Can't remember. My buddy said that depending on which 'toy' you pick to play with...your fun could be over in seconds depending on the fire rate!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    - Find the place that lets you shoot machine guns and other larger rifles. (We wanted to do this, but ran out of time)
    -

I've gone to "The Gun Store" the past 2 trips - positive experiences both times. It's about a 5-10 minutes cab ride from MGM Grand.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I've gone to "The Gun Store" the past 2 trips - positive experiences both times. It's about a 5-10 minutes cab ride from MGM Grand.

This is at the top of my to do list for my next Vegas trip.

What did you shoot and what was the cost?
  • I had absolutely no idea it was that close to the strip. Yep, will be going next time for sure and would love to hear West's response.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    What did you shoot and what was the cost?

Shot "The Gun Store" Package

H/K MP5 SMG w/50 Rds
    AK47 Rifle w/25 Rds
    12ga Shotgun w/5 Rds

And then added

Colt M16 Carbine .223
    Dessert Eagle

Total was just over $200
  • dinobot wrote: »
    Things to do in Vegas (in a group).

Title Grunch: Hookers

normal_105here_for_the_gang_bang.jpg
  • Drop E
    Steal a cop car
    Steal Mike Tysons tiger
    End up in the hospital
    Lose at least one member of the group
    Be a degen
    Marry a stripper
    Steal money from a high rolling azn
  • Maybe kinda ghey for a group of guys but every time I go to Vegas I like to rent a car and drive to the Valley of Fire. If you like the outdoors at all it is one of the coolest landscapes you will ever see. I usually head out after a few days on the strip when I need some fresh air. I will post a pic when I get home in a few days.

* Guys bonus -- before you get to the long desert side road that leads into the park there is a huge store that is more or less divided in 1/2 -- all alcohol on one side and all fireworks on the other side -- USA, USA...
  • Check out Pink Jeep Tours if you guys don't want to organize something and rather have something pre-planned.
  • Dinner Thur or Friday night at Rum Jungle. If you make it a 7:30/8PM dinner you are wrapping up just as the club is opening, no cover and DJ is pretty good. Same times for Tao, if everyone in your party has an entree it gets you a line pass and no cover into the club, depending on the time of year Tao beach may be open, it was not 2 weeks ago, club was packed and good times were had by all.

Everyone throw in $5 and have a who can photograph the largest ass contest, if you can get your face in the picture as well and win good for a bonus nickle from everyone.

Tilt a local, easy to spot and fairly easy to do as well, if you can do it while wearing a hoodie...or swearthirt with a wolf on it expect even more fun times.

See who can negotiate the best price for one of the clickers girls girls girls shirts, I have heard as low as $10 but they were stuck at $30 the past trip.

2AM beer pong at O'Sheas, beer tastes like shit but by that point everyone should be hammered anyways so doesn't matter.

Play spot the pedophile at Circus circus, if you can get him arrested in the process bonus cash from the group...if it is one of the group the collection can post bail.

Get asked to leave a club, which in LV this is harder than one might think (besides the obvious fighting), having a chick pass out in your arms does the trick though.

Golf - I can personally recommend Bali Hai and Royal Links. I have played a few others but nothing to write home about.

Save a couple of nights stay by keeping a room key and just sleep (read: pass out) at the pool during the day, 6 hours is 6 hours, on a lounge chair or in a bed doesn't really matter.

Star Trek exhibit at LV Hilton closed some time ago, I have not heard it opening elsewhere, and the rides at Stratosphere were open 2 weeks back not my cup of tea but...
  • Save a couple of nights stay by keeping a room key and just sleep (read: pass out) at the pool during the day, 6 hours is 6 hours, on a lounge chair or in a bed doesn't really matter.

lol.