help with check raising

I knew one of em were going to bet flop, should I have check raise or just bet 1st on flop, as you can see I kinda did not know how much the check raise should have been, hence this thread,lol check raise all in?

It sucks being 1st out of a sit n go, sigh :(

Full Tilt Poker Game #17577289236: $2 + $0.25 Sit & Go (132471639), Table 1 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:28:21 ET - 2010/01/13
Seat 1: Anuto (1,405)
Seat 2: cacike66 (1,535)
Seat 3: gworth (1,410)
Seat 4: Aka_57 (1,290)
Seat 5: LukoKabluko (2,010)
Seat 6: Time Bomb x (1,325)
Seat 7: BlondyBlond (1,665)
Seat 8: Jibs10 (1,215)
Seat 9: ya-nvr-know (1,645)
cacike66 posts the small blind of 20
gworth posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to gworth [2d 2s]
Aka_57 folds
LukoKabluko raises to 80
Time Bomb x folds
BlondyBlond folds
Jibs10 folds
ya-nvr-know folds
Anuto calls 80
cacike66 folds
gworth calls 40
*** FLOP *** [2c Ac Ks]
gworth checks
LukoKabluko checks
Anuto has 15 seconds left to act
Anuto bets 200
gworth raises to 520
LukoKabluko folds
Anuto has 15 seconds left to act
Anuto raises to 1,325, and is all in
gworth calls 805
Anuto shows
gworth shows [2d 2s]
*** TURN *** [2c Ac Ks] [Qh]
*** RIVER *** [2c Ac Ks Qh] [Js]
Anuto shows a straight, Ace high
gworth shows three of a kind, Twos
Anuto wins the pot (2,910) with a straight, Ace high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2,910 | Rake 0
Board: [2c Ac Ks Qh Js]
Seat 1: Anuto (button) showed and won (2,910) with a straight, Ace high
Seat 2: cacike66 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: gworth (big blind) showed [2d 2s] and lost with three of a kind, Twos
Seat 4: Aka_57 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: LukoKabluko folded on the Flop
Seat 6: Time Bomb x didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: BlondyBlond didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: Jibs10 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: ya-nvr-know didn't bet (folded)

Comments

• Fold pre. But as played...I bet 2/3rds pot. No one expects a set to bet, nor do they see it at that level....if someone has anything...they are along for the ride. A-10 on that flop probably isn't leaving regardless.
  • I muck ducks pre flop, nothing good comes of them, even if you hit.

That being said, you did hit, and nothing much else u can do. Thats poker.

go get em at the next one.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Fold pre. But as played...I bet 2/3rds pot. No one expects a set to bet, nor do they see it at that level....if someone has anything...they are along for the ride. A-10 on that flop probably isn't leaving regardless.

ya usually my feeling for 22 is ick, but i am never folding BB to a min raise with pocket pairs with like 5-1 odds
  • uuh, nice hand? You're obviously calling pre for set value, no way you can fold imo. You could lead out on the flop but that doesn't work well if they don't connect.

as played you got the money in against a player willing to commit his stack with top pair mediocre kicker which is exactly what you want. Don't really see why you want to improve your line lol
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    uuh, nice hand? You're obviously calling pre for set value, no way you can fold imo. You could lead out on the flop but that doesn't work well if they don't connect.

as played you got the money in against a player willing to commit his stack with top pair mediocre kicker which is exactly what you want. Don't really see why you want to improve your line lol

was going for what is best to do when your 1st to act when you hit a set on a flushy board in general also
  • I lead sets on weak boards.

This board smashes everything. Check raise to 699 imo.
  • Dennis is right. Bet your set. An Ace is more than likely coming along for the ride. AK will come over the top (Yay), and if no one hits you take it right away and move on.

Your chips hit the middle when you had the best of it. shake it off and move on, Philli . . .
  • aha, as people said you can lead out if you're really deep and think it's likely your opponent connected to build a pot. Varience is lower when checking but if you lead out you can usually build some really big pots which I'm a big fan of. Learning when to lead and when not to is something you just have to get a hang of by analyzing your opponents and the situation each time. It's very situational I think
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Fold pre.

other than being in a shove or fold position there is no better place to place 2's and a no better flop really imo. no one expects to lose to a flopped set of 2's and any AT+ never seems to be able to lay down. Can't really say there are no oversets, but i never lose to them enough anyways. I don't see a need for a cr because any decent ace is going all in as far as I ever exp.
  • lead set 1/2-2/3rds pot, c/r the turn ai if called on the flop OR depending on the opponent and how aggressive they are (or aren't) lead 1/2 -2/3rds on turn.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    lead set 1/2-2/3rds pot, c/r the turn ai if called on the flop OR depending on the opponent and how aggressive they are (or aren't) lead 1/2 -2/3rds on turn.

Thanks, and thanks to everyone else so far, I just felt "dirty" or not right after the hand so anytime I get that I know I did not do something right.
  • For some reason I have a profit from ducks according to Pokertracker...one of those things I suppose.

You got your money in post flop and got called by a loose ace. Happens.
    (Fold that crap perflop though unless your BB and the odds are there)
  • You played it right. Got your money in with the odds. 96.46% actually...Best odds in the world. Especially in a tourney at the beginning. You want to have an early lead. You did nothing wrong.
  • Sorry for the bad beat.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    lead set 1/2-2/3rds pot, c/r the turn ai if called on the flop OR depending on the opponent and how aggressive they are (or aren't) lead 1/2 -2/3rds on turn.

Is this better Kristy? except maybe a lil bigger preflop raise

Full Tilt Poker No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30.00/t60.00 Blinds - 7 players
    The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

CO: t1040.00 M = 11.56
    BTN: t485.00 M = 5.39
    SB: t1475.00 M = 16.39
    Hero (BB): t1855.00 M = 20.61
    UTG: t3035.00 M = 33.72
    UTG+1: t4820.00 M = 53.56
    MP: t790.00 M = 8.78

Pre Flop: (t90) Hero is BB with Qspade.gif Qdiamond.gif
    1 fold, UTG+1 calls t60, MP calls t60, 3 folds, Hero raises to t200, UTG+1 calls t140, 1 fold

Flop: (t490) Aspade.gif 8spade.gif Qclub.gif(2 players)
    Hero bets t300.00, UTG+1 calls t300

Turn: (t1090) 2club.gif(2 players)
    Hero bets t540.00, UTG+1 raises to t1500, Hero calls t815 all in

River: (t3800) 3spade.gif(2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t3800
    Hero shows Qspade.gif Qdiamond.gif
    UTG+1 shows 4heart.gif Aheart.gif
    Hero wins t3800.00
  • This hand is different because you were the initial aggressor preflop in this hand, last hand you were the caller.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Sorry for the bad beat.

• Nothing wrong with hand
    [x] BBV