Options

***Official PFC/CPF COOKBOOK***

Being a bachelor, I find myself making trash like hamburger helper and other crap frequently.

I fancy myself a decent cook, however my primary skill is BBQ'ing and with work and snow and daylight issues, I really dont have the time.

Feel free to share and quick and yummy foods you guys conjure up, id like to try them, I can even post up pics and grade them.

***please keep the rat poison, glass shards, and other harmful ingredients out of it***

thanks guys,

-fed (mike, god, pro, epic.. whatever u wanna call me)

Comments

• Only because I like to bbq as well, will I contribute here.

A couple favorites...zuchini boats...hollow out the centers and fill with sauteed veggies and cover with sauce when just about done...sauce depends on veggies in the "boat".

grilled pears with blue cheese...always a favorite with a crowd...oil the pears..blue cheese in the center...grill..the sweetness of the pear, with the bite of the cheese...mmmmmmm

edit
    -fed (mike, god, pro, epic.. whatever u wanna call me)
    this was funny before you were a douche.

2nd edit...these are both grilling recipes for the bbq.
  • Aloo Phujia. It's an Indian recipe that is ridiculously easy to make, and tastes awesome.
    Would recommend cutting up the potatoes and throwing them in the microwave for about 10 minutes or so while you're getting everything else ready. Just so they're soft enough when you eat. Also, it's great served over rice.

Ingredients

• 1 onion, chopped
    • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
    • 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 2 tomatoes, chopped

Directions

1. Lightly brown onion in oil in a medium size skillet.
    2. Stir in salt, cayenne, turmeric and cumin. Add potatoes and cook 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
    3. Add tomatoes, cover pan and cook until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    this was funny before you were a douche.

Let's be fair here..he's made the $10 right and has been a nice guy since then. Contributing a lot to the forum..

I really think it is time to stop trolling him, unless he says something IN THE SPECIFIC thread to bring it on himself. (eg. the cheeky comments in the COPL threads)
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Let's be fair here..he's made the $10 right and has been a nice guy since then. Contributing a lot to the forum..

OP only made the $10 right when he was forced to. Continues to lie and multiaccount after getting caught.

remember 1st impressions are lasting impressions.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »

I really think it is time to stop trolling him, unless he says something IN THE SPECIFIC thread to bring it on himself. (eg. the cheeky comments in the COPL threads)

yes, let's be fair....and honest. My opinion hasn't changed because he was coerced to do the right thing.
  • derrickone wrote: »
    Aloo Phujia. It's an Indian recipe that is ridiculously easy to make, and tastes awesome.
    Would recommend cutting up the potatoes and throwing them in the microwave for about 10 minutes or so while you're getting everything else ready. Just so they're soft enough when you eat. Also, it's great served over rice.

Ingredients

• 1 onion, chopped
    • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 2 tomatoes, chopped

Directions

2. Stir in salt, cayenne, turmeric and cumin. Add potatoes and cook 10 minutes stirring occasionally.

Trying this tomorrow maybe... :)
  • derrickone wrote: »
    Aloo Phujia. It's an Indian recipe that is ridiculously easy to make, and tastes awesome.

Ingredients

• 1 onion, chopped
    • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 2 tomatoes, chopped

Directions

added these ingredients to my grocery list for tomorrw.. my zehrs (independant) will have these spices wont they, or are they special? ive never used them.

ill post pics and give a review, maybe even a vid, so stay tuned :)
  • Okay, here goes: This is called Bavarian Bake, and I got it from my Mom. It is great on cold days, and makes a ton of leftovers for later nuking. I am not the sort of cook who measures, I just eyeball things, okay? Good.

Chop equal amounts of onion, peppers, celery, and mushrooms a bowl. You should have approx. 2 qts. worth of veggies.
    Slice up a package of sausages (thumbnail size, though Kristy will hate that).

Get a roasting pan (you know, the black ones with the lid?), and spray it with PAM (or just grease it).
    Empty 2 cans of Tomato (condensed) soup into the pan, and an equal amount of water, stir. Add in 4 cups of Instant Rice (white, brown, w/e) and 2 more cups of water, stir.
    Pour in some worcestershire sauce, and whatever spices you like. I generally use some sort of Garlic/red pepper mix, but anything goes . . .
    Add in your veggies and sausage, and stir it until well mixed.

Put the lid on the pan, and shove the whole thing in your oven. 45 minutes at 375 should produce a nice pan full of yummie goodness.
  • 500 ml Pure Canadian Maple Syrup.
    One Costco sized Salmon filet.
    One Cedar plank
    One BBQ

Marinade the Salmon overnight in the Maple syrup. It should marinate for at least 12 - 16 hours.

Soak the Cedar plank for at least 24 hours to insure it is well and truly saturated. I go to Rona/Home Depot every spring and buy a length of 2x10 cedar (UNTREATED). I cut it to length for my BBQ. I like the 2x10 because, once it is saturated, you don't have to keep lifting the lid to spray it with water so that it won't burn to a cinder like the thin ones do.

Light your BBQ
    Place marinated Salmon on Cedar plank
    Place plank on BBQ
    Cook to your desired level of "done". I generally let it go for about 30-45 minutes.

For some added zest you can place lemon slices on the Salmon just prior to cooking.
  • Milo wrote: »
    500 ml Pure Canadian Maple Syrup.
    One Costco sized Salmon filet.
    One Cedar plank
    One BBQ

Marinade the Salmon overnight in the Maple syrup. It should marinate for at least 12 - 16 hours.

Soak the Cedar plank for at least 24 hours to insure it is well and truly saturated. I go to Rona/Home Depot every spring and buy a length of 2x10 cedar (UNTREATED). I cut it to length for my BBQ. I like the 2x10 because, once it is saturated, you don't have to keep lifting the lid to spray it with water so that it won't burn to a cinder like the thin ones do.

Light your BBQ
    Place marinated Salmon on Cedar plank
    Place plank on BBQ
    Cook to your desired level of "done". I generally let it go for about 30-45 minutes.

For some added zest you can place lemon slices on the Salmon just prior to cooking.

maple planked salmon and scallops are my specialty.... Id love to have everyone up to port at my house for a game sometime and feed it to you. :)
  • epic_donk wrote: »
    added these ingredients to my grocery list for tomorrw.. my zehrs (independant) will have these spices wont they, or are they special? ive never used them.

ill post pics and give a review, maybe even a vid, so stay tuned :)

Yeah, Zehrs will have those spices. They're pretty common.