MTT Prop bets

Been forever since I had a good mtt score, need some sort of drive to get it going again. Any of you mid stake mtt regulars wanna do some prop bets for extra kicks. Wetts will prob win all of them, but ...

Something like first guy who gets a 5 fig score in 2010 gets an extra $$$, a sunday major buyin from each player

Anybody interested?

Comments

• actyper wrote: »
    Been forever since I had a good mtt score, need some sort of drive to get it going again. Any of you mid stake mtt regulars wanna do some prop bets for extra kicks. Wetts will prob win all of them, but ...

Something like first guy who gets a 5 fig score in 2010 gets an extra $$$, a sunday major buyin from each player

Anybody interested?

the 5 fig score should be enough drive.. but since I feel so good about my game of late, yeah I'm down.

Winner gets a sunday million seat paid for by the losers???
  • I like the idea of a group of us doing something for mtt scores...but not sure I want to shell out 200+ bucks to someone that just hit a 10k win...lmao..

I was trying to figure out last night, some way that we could get a small pool together, and everyone that was in, did a prizepool share or some sort? Not sure how it could work...

Maybe a pool with an mtt leaderboard of sorts? There are great mtt leaderboard formulas out there that would allow anyone to play anywhere and get ranked accordingly...
    This message is hidden because epic_donk is on your ignore list.

I dont know what this was but understandably I think we agree he is not in. Im not comfortable I would ever get paid.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I dont know what this was but understandably I think we agree he is not in.

I think I can agree, I am in. However we want to work it. I like the Sunday major buyin for a 5 fig score.

That said - I also like the leaderboard idea.

I think daily props would be good to. Like we pick 5 tournaments on a Sunday total cash wins.
  • Why dont we pick a nightly tourney to play in?

It can be documented in screen shots and honesty (also can be looked up)

and the sunday million buy in should be spread out amongst the guys... so 6 guys would mean 30 each or there abouts.

I can start a spreadsheet if you want me to take the bull by the horns.
  • Dude get out of this thread, you mean nothing to any of us.
  • I'm never cashing for 10k so that's a bit steep for me. If it's something a bit more attainable I'm in, like total mtt profit 10k or something. Figure something out and I'll see if I can cope.

I think this is a nice idea that could get me to really step up my game and I'm sure others feel the same
    I dont know what this was but understandably I think we agree he is not in. Im not comfortable I would ever get paid.

Agreed.
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I think daily props would be good to. Like we pick 5 tournaments on a Sunday total cash wins.

I like the idea of this, but would rather use a leaderboard formula for the five tourneys...then it doesn't matter the buy in or number of players as the formula is scaled....obviously bigger tourneys are harder, therefore earn more points overall...

For example:

sqrt ( (buy-in x entrants) / placement ) x final table multiplier

scoringpic.jpg
  • fml I didnt know that existed. I like it ^^^^.

Start this Sunday? We all pick 5 -10 tournaments by Saturday that we're going to play (or choose to count).

Say $20-$30 to the winner (points based).
    fml I didnt know that existed. I like it ^^^^.

Start this Sunday? We all pick 5 -10 tournaments by Saturday that we're going to play (or choose to count).

Say $20-$30 to the winner (points based).

edit- the vertical multiplier I used there is the "buy in"..I used a flat 50 dollar buy in (no fees) for the equations...so that varies...

The formula I think is widely used, but i converted the final table multiplier for the BSPT...I am trying to rank all our players BC wide...not sure it will fly...

The other thing leaderboards do...is that they allow as many tournaments as you want to play...but only X number of your best finishes count...so for us...maybe top 5? Then the players aren't feeling pressured to get 10 in? Some of us do have lives ya know??? :P (not me...but someone else might)
  • I think thats good, 5 for now, use that formula. Sunday prop bet. Only 200+ player tournies count, so no 180s.

Do you like the idea of the weekly winner getting a sunday mil / ftp 750k seat equally split between the other participants. The other particpants though maintain a 1% (or whatever) stake in the participating Major tourney.
    I think thats good, 5 for now, use that formula. Sunday prop bet. Only 200+ player tournies count, so no 180s.
    Ok, then I am out...lol..most of my tournies have less than 200...
    Do you like the idea of the weekly winner getting a sunday mil / ftp 750k seat equally split between the other participants. The other particpants though maintain a 1% (or whatever) stake in the participating Major tourney.

really like this part.
  • I guess it depends on how much that formula favours volume then.
    I guess it depends on how much that formula favours volume then.

This. if it's biased for small fields than it's not gonna be fair
    I guess it depends on how much that formula favours volume then.

First place in a 50 dollar 180 man would get 142.30 pts
    25th would get 18.97

First in a 50 dollar 1000 player would get 335.41
    25th would get 44.72

The formula is scaled to meet the needs of online leaderboards...the only difference to the one I posted is the final table multiplier...which I can post as well
  • I know of one that takes BI and tourney size into account
  • obviously the max 250 would be eliminated...or maybe this won't work for tourneys like the 750k and millions?

mttleaderboardformula.jpg
  • I assume you guys are aware of this site?

Welcome to Tourney.com! Tournament poker rankings, poker news, poker player bios and more!

Would love to do this but you guys are way outta my league, in both buyin and volume...
  • I'll be in for something, but definitely can't commit to do this weekly as I don't really grind Sundays very often. Let me know if you guys would take me in for whichever week I end up playing.
  • Im a proven bigger tourney player...

Dont see why you guys wouldnt wanna cut me in...

but as you wish.
  • 5 tournies on a weekend / day works......I'm in for whatever
  • Count me in!!!!!!!!
  • Ok...so we have 5 top tournies we place in on Sunday..our choice of tournies...We need to decide on the formula that will be used, and what limits of game sizing will count...
  • are we delaying this for a week?
  • I don't play MTTs but I would be in if it were a day that I could play that long. Basically, don't depend on me but if the stars align and I'm free to play all day I'd do it.
  • I say do a for fun trial one this Sunday and use one of those formulas. Bragging rights only! :)
  • Would anyone be up for doing this tomorrow since it seems like a bunch of us would be playing a wide variety of tourneys.
  • Im in if I can use games tonight since I wont be around tomorrow.
  • GL kids, won't be in, taking a break from the online pokers till Feb. 12th:(