Adding Baseball HOF...

2»

Comments

• GW how many sports do you watch on TV regularly? What would be required to reduce that number to '0' permanently?
  • Walleye wrote: »
    steroids or not, he is still a great hitter

1596 strike outs, .256 lifetime average... yep, great hitter...

Let's just put this out there so everyone gets it: Mark claims he still would have hit the home run record without the steroids. Mark wants people to forget about his steroid use, most likely because he wants into the HOF. I say we will forget the steroid, but he has to try get into the HOF without the home runs. Sorry, doesn't come close.

And if you really break it down, he couldn't do anything on his own. Even that home run chase that year wouldn't have been nearly as exciting without Sosa going shot for shot until mid September.
  • Cerberus wrote: »

Let's just put this out there so everyone gets it: Mark claims he still would have hit the home run record without the steroids. Mark wants people to forget about his steroid use, most likely because he wants into the HOF. I say we will forget the steroid, but he has to try get into the HOF without the home runs. Sorry, doesn't come close.

And if you really break it down, he couldn't do anything on his own. Even that home run chase that year wouldn't have been nearly as exciting without Sosa going shot for shot until mid September.

[?] Mark itt
  • Cerberus wrote: »

Listened to a great interview with Dave Perkins yesterday re: McGwire. He is a long time beat writer for the Star, and one of the most knowledgeable baseball writers in this country. His opinion of McGwire:
    Mark McGwire was considered, by most quality pitchers, to be an easy out. Definitely not feared the way Bonds was . . .

Hall of Fame? Sure . . . anytime he buys a ticket.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    GW how many sports do you watch on TV regularly? What would be required to reduce that number to '0' permanently?

Well that depends what time of year it is. But basically no matter when it is there is a sport to watch.

I will stop watching sports when you start watching hunting shows with me.
  • vegan vs. hunter itt.

/thread hijack
  • ^^^^

wooohoooo

1st one in as a Jay

• I'm glad he's in, but still very angry that Tom Cheek is not.
  • +1, but the voting system is completely different for Mr. Cheek . . .