Options

bankroll management

does it matter how much is in your poker account or can your profit be counted too? i hope you know what i mean without me explaining.

Comments

• You could've profited 20K and withdrawn 18K and be left with 2K. If you still have the 18K available to deposit if you lose the 2K then I would still consider that you have a 20K bankroll. But if the 18K has come out and you've used it to pay off some debt, then you obviously only have 2K Bankroll and can only count what is in your poker account.

And BR Management is the #1 lesson in Poker and in life. Playing a game way over your bankroll or purchasing something you can't afford. It's about having the discipline and self-control.
  • Tilter wrote: »
    You could've profited 20K and withdrawn 18K and be left with 2K. If you still have the 18K available to deposit if you lose the 2K then I would still consider that you have a 20K bankroll. But if the 18K has come out and you've used it to pay off some debt, then you obviously only have 2K Bankroll and can only count what is in your poker account.

And BR Management is the #1 lesson in Poker and in life. Playing a game way over your bankroll or purchasing something you can't afford. It's about having the discipline and self-control.

ya but the thing is the richer you are in real life the more that says you can play higher stake games even if you suck,
  • darbday wrote: »
    ya but the thing is the richer you are in real life the more that says you can play higher stake games even if you suck,

Bankroll management is a theory.

If you are rich, it doesnt apply to you because you dont have anything to manage.

Your roll is whatever you consider your roll to be.
  • The idea behind bankroll management is that you don't want to have to dip into your everyday account to play poker. I have a regular job and do the 9-5 thingy, but I still keep all my funds separate for poker. Obviously its great because I know I have a regular paycheque but I wouldn't be able to play the stakes I play without the roll. It just relieves some pressure knowing that you are not "singing for your food." In otherwords if I have a bad session, I still eat that night.
  • darbday wrote: »

Don't concern yourself about other people's roll and what they can/cannot afford. Just play within your own roll and what you can afford.