WTF is Patrice Bergeron?

And WTF is he on the Olympic team?

He must have some serious dirt on Yzerman.

Comments

• He's not bad.

the whole entire D is questionable though
  • He's not bad.

the whole entire D is questionable though

granted, I don't see him play much.....but....a career high 70pts a couple years ago (which came with a -25 or something)

He's probably 'not bad'.......but this is the Canadian Oly Team, don't think we have to settle for 'not bad'. I think there would be about 20 players I'd pick in front of him.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    granted, I don't see him play much.....but....a career high 70pts a couple years ago (which came with a -25 or something)

He's probably 'not bad'.......but this is the Canadian Oly Team, don't think we have to settle for 'not bad'. I think there would be about 20 players I'd pick in front of him.

Bouwmeester and Phaneuf to name 2 off the top.

Kovalev didnt make the Russian team...

things are a changin' in the hockey world.

Current play has everything to do with it, not what they have done in the past... remember we are going after the gold medal, not the superstars who have had a name for themselves in the past.

Niedermeyer is the worst player on this team.. him and stevey Y were best friends.... thats the only political pick I see.

• Niedermeyer is the worst player on this team.. him and stevey Y were best friends.... thats the only political pick I see.

lol..for the defence, Green (+15 and most points for any D in the NHL) & Bouwmeester were glaringly absent from the list. Not sure who I would have left off for them, but I make sure they are both on the team.
  • cut seabrook and eric staal plz
  • Not saying I agree/disagree with any of the the comments so far but . . .
    is anybody seriously NOT going to bet on Canada for Gold because of this roster?
  • schabs wrote: »
    cut seabrook and eric staal plz

+ to Seabrook.....but, c'mon, Staal is a horse......if he's healthy, he has to be there.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Not saying I agree/disagree with any of the the comments so far but . . .
    is anybody seriously NOT going to bet on Canada for Gold because of this roster?

I think if they couldn't use anyone named to this team, they could still field a team that would challenge for a medal (possibly gold).