Vegas Steakhouse

Off to Vegas next week for my 30ish or so trip (sadly I have lost count). As a creature of habit I usually don't stray too far from tradition, however this time I am looking for a new tradition closer to home.

Traveling on an expense account so while price isn't necessarily a concern I still remain relatively frugal when I travel.

Staying at the IP beacuse it is a second home now and it would be wrong to stay anywhere else and yes I have had that debate a hundred times with my co-workers who are all staying elsewhere.

My usual Steakhouse is Golden Steer, I like the history of the place, food is good and it is relatively reasonably priced, however I would prefer something closer to home.

I have done the steak at Bills and while cheap and quick you get what you pay for and I prefer not to pay later, Ellis island same thing. Outback is well Outback, may as well eat at Bills. The meat shop at IP isn't bad either but would like something different. Any recommendations, places to avoid or such. Target distance would be Ballys to Venetian...Flamingo/Cesars ideal if there are comments specifically on the steak houses in either of those.

John

Comments

• If someone else is buying or price isn't a big deal I recommend both N9NE (Palms) and Craftsteak (MGM). Also, there is a french place at the front of Paris (Mon Ami Gabi) with a nice steak frites and I had a good steak at Daniel Bouloud in the Wynn.
  • Graham wrote: »
    Craftsteak (MGM).

Can vouch for this (even if it was the only place I've had a steak in Vegas). Our Concierge recommended it as the best steak in Vegas and I have no reason to think it's not.

NOT cheap.
  • I never thought of Mon Ami Gabi, eaten there a few times but never had the steak...thanks Graham.
  • isnork wrote: »
    I never thought of Mon Ami Gabi, eaten there a few times but never had the steak...thanks Graham.

No prob, I went there like 2-3 years ago so hope its still tasty ;) Enjoy!
  • Craftsteak is amazing! I make a habit to go atleast once every time I am in Vegas!