Should this be an easy fold?

I iso AJdd against two habitual limpers and flop top pair with a FD, turn pairs the king, he makes a blockish/trapish be and then ships it in on the blank river for less than the pot.

What's villains range here? Bluff%, FD%, king% and weaker ace%? Any thoughts?

PokerStars Game #37346384056: Tournament #226504605, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2009/12/29 12:11:58 CET [2009/12/29 6:11:58 ET]
Table '226504605 4' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: i missmy wpt (1480 in chips)
Seat 2: lenkaallinka (1490 in chips)
Seat 3: isebabbe (1480 in chips)
Seat 4: Jet_Van (1500 in chips)
Seat 5: tomadog (1570 in chips)
Seat 6: MakS714 (1500 in chips)
Seat 7: IRichardI (1500 in chips)
Seat 8: Ribo_01 (1480 in chips)
Seat 9: Fennek71 (1500 in chips)
isebabbe: posts small blind 10
Jet_Van: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IRichardI [:ad :jd]
tomadog: calls 20
MakS714: calls 20
IRichardI: raises 80 to 100
Ribo_01: folds
Fennek71: folds
i missmy wpt: folds
lenkaallinka: folds
isebabbe: folds
Jet_Van: folds
tomadog: calls 80
MakS714: calls 80
*** FLOP *** [:4d :kd :as]
tomadog: checks
MakS714: checks
IRichardI: bets 200
tomadog: folds
MakS714: calls 200
*** TURN *** [:4d :kd :as] [:kc]
MakS714: bets 240
IRichardI: calls 240
*** RIVER *** [:4d :kd :as :kc] [:2c]
MakS714: bets 960 and is all-in
IRichardI: calls 960 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
MakS714: shows [:ks :qh] (three of a kind, Kings)
IRichardI: shows [:ad :jd] (two pair, Aces and Kings)
MakS714 collected 3130 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3130 | Rake 0
Board [4d Kd As Kc 2c]
Seat 1: i missmy wpt folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: lenkaallinka (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: isebabbe (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: Jet_Van (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: tomadog folded on the Flop
Seat 6: MakS714 showed [Ks Qh] and won (3130) with three of a kind, Kings
Seat 7: IRichardI showed [Ad Jd] and lost with two pair, Aces and Kings
Seat 8: Ribo_01 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Fennek71 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comments

• If they wanted to bluff a flush draw, they could check-raise off the flop.

If villain had an ace, the optimal play for them is to check-call down if you want to keep betting with QQ/JJ type hands which are no longer good. Doubt cold bluffs get here a lot either.

But I think usually by the time you get to river, you get :S feeling because he donked you on turn and shoved into you on river.
  • I find that those players that are habitual limpers and hit anything on the flop, although they may not bet/raise they typically call. When they hit there hand they almost always seem to raise like this. I would of broke it down on the turn when he bet that he more than likely hit his king with a hand like KQ-KT. Seen it all to often. Then again you are valued in for a call with 11 outs.

And how could you know if they were habitual limpers from this table? Previous history with teh players? The game just started.
  • you just got donkey'd is all.
    he probably didn't see anything and is just calling for the sake of it.
    on that flop you had him crushed

on that all in on the river i'd fold especially when it's that early in the tourney.. paying you 2.5:1. I'd keep my 960 and play it out

for the record I hate tourney buy-ins under $10 now (apart from the forum ones) got tilted to shit over my JJ get crushed by 88s on the river last week 3.5 hrs into the tourney. ALL-ins on the flop....
  • His line is obviously representing the K, and I don't think you have any reason to believe otherwise. I'd call the turn bet (you're getting nearly 4:1 on your 11 outer, which is pretty good when you factor in implied odds), but you have to fold to the river push when you don't improve.
  • iNano78 wrote: »
    His line is obviously representing the K, and I don't think you have any reason to believe otherwise. I'd call the turn bet (you're getting nearly 4:1 on your 11 outer, which is pretty good when you factor in implied odds), but you have to fold to the river push when you don't improve.

I agree completely with this and in hindsight I think I kept my composure until the river. When he shoved I feel like my ego got in the way and I was too stubborn to let go of a pot that I felt strongly belonged to me on the flop